Mizuno JPX-850 Fairway Wood Review

I got my wood imported to the UK from USA so I might give mizuno UK a call.

im a mizuno fan boy with all mizuno clubs except driver, I was going to get that too. I'd hate to fall out with them over this. I'd also be disappointed for them as this range of woods is getting more publicity than ever and could be a big seller for them.

Good thing they gave you a tremendous reason to consider being a fan. Oh wait. :angel:

Honestly I am 100% shocked at this response. Customer Service from other companies (Callaway, Taylormade, Bridgestone, Seemore) just to name a few, is nothing sort of spectacular, and then you have Mizuno use the lines they used? No chance I purchase any of their stuff anytime soon.

Poor response for sure, I know I'll be disappointed if mine has this problem. May need to pick up the crown protector films tomorrow...

Disappointing to say the least. Man up Mizuno and do what needs to be done. This from a Mizino fan.

What a lame response from Mizuno, I am shocked. They should really fix that problem as the clubs are new and I can understand that happening after many years but not this soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call it insurance:

Clear shields. (Don't mind the toe side on the 3 wood, didn't trim enough away from the toe so it bubbles occasionally.)

Last edited:
So I got to hit the 3w and 3 hybrid I bought this last weekend at a dome tonight. Man did that 3 wood feel great!!! I can't wait to get this thing outside to see how far it goes. This is my first hybrid and really tonight was the first time I had hit more than 3 shots in a row with one. I was very pleased with how I hit the ball however most the strikes were off the toe.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

I just hit this today against everything
Ping g30
Nike vapor both models
Callaway xr pro
Titleist 915

It flat out beat everything in the above list!
Launched high carried furthest on test and had the second longest after the xr pro

Without doubt the straightest I hit! Carrying 235 - 240 works for me!

Order made!!

Just ordered my 850s with the 3 & 4 hybrid. Can't wait to see how these turn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just ordered my 850s with the 3 & 4 hybrid. Can't wait to see how these turn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Enjoy them! Just keep an eye on that paint!

As an experiment, I turned my 3 wood down to 13* when I went to the dome last night, still a little cold/wet for the outdoor ranges, and was surprised at how easy it was to get it up off the ground, err mats. I don't have what I would consider to be a very high swing speed either, 90-93 at best with 3 wood, usually somewhere in mid to high eighties. Good ball speed, mid-high flight when I put a good swing on it, I need a lesson in a bad way. Anyway, it got me thinking that if I could hit the club consistently at 13*, I have a potential mini-driver on my hands. I know 13* is considered a strong 3 wood, but still, with the shaft being longer, it's an option.

Has anyone else with the 3 wood gone this route, and what have your results been?

Had my first range session with the jpx 850 and the vc 6.3 tour spec x flex!

I started set at 15 and started striping away high empirical launch that flattened out and seamed to go for miles!

I then started to mess around with lofts 16,17 both launched higher but I didn't like the look of the closed face at address! And felt they finished left of target!

14,13 obviously launched lower but didn't seam to miss right like I was expecting!

The issue I have now is gaping I will hopefully get on a monitor tomorrow and work out weather 15,14 will work best with the top of my bag!

I'm also getting a mizuno tip on a miyazaki kusala bule 72x!

Anyone compare both and give me an indexation what to expect?

A real mixed bag today!

Hit tee shot on the 2nd into the wind on a dog leg! 210 to carry the cross bunker!

Hit shot and couldn't believe how high it was plop straight into the bunker! (Learn to tee it lower)

Next was a second shot into a par 5 had 235 into a strong wind! Took a swipe again really high landed soft pin high!

I hit 2 more tee shots both not great high and not very far!

Hit another second into a par 5 and saw great distance!

Very strange! I think I'm going to change the shaft for a miyazaki to see if I can knock some spin off!

Back