What to do to make my golf tournament special for players?

BuckeyeMark

Reaction score
Handicap
I put together a little tourney for some friends. We got a great deal at a local course and so I thought "Let's do this!" and signed up. Have 20 guys going to play Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.

So ... what can I do (within the bounds of reason and finances) to make the tourney special for the guys? I'm just looking for something small that you may have enjoyed at a tourney - a little touch - that was cool.

I don't play in a lot of tourneys so this is kinda new to me. Ideas? How about a green jacket for the winner? :bashful:

Try including a closest to the pin and a long drive contest with winners getting a gift card to a golf shop. You can always cap it with a trophy for the winner.

Try including a closest to the pin and a long drive contest with winners getting a gift card to a golf shop. You can always cap it with a trophy for the winner.

Shoulda said - am doing both of these. And I do have trophies for the winners, and trophies for the overall winners.

open bar.....with a steak.

Putting green contest, winner gets a THP prize pack of a towel, water bottle and a membership to the Albatross Club

open bar.....with a steak.

hmmm... prolly should've said this is a tournament for a bunch of my preacher friends and guys from church...

but steak seems like a good idea. steak is ALWAYS a good idea!

EVEN MORE SO!!!! hahahhahahahah

OPEN BAR.....
OEPN BAR....
OPEN BAR....
OPEN BAR.....
OPEN BAR.....
OEPN BAR....
OPEN BAR....
OPEN BAR.....
OEPN BAR....
OPEN BAR....
OPEN BAR.....
OEPN BAR....
OPEN BAR....
OPEN BAR.....
OEPN BAR....
OPEN BAR....
OPEN BAR.....
OEPN BAR....
OPEN BAR....
OEPN BAR....
OPEN BAR....

could play "crazy golf"

make 4somes.....each player can only take 2 clubs, they can only us the clubs they bring...cant share....and they have to work together.....for 9 holes. kinda fun.

If it is purely a stroke play outing you could run some skins. If you want something special you could put some different things like select one hole that they can only play with one club, give them a free throw anywhere on the course just depends how much fun versus how serious you want it to be.

Putting contest, hole in one prize, a "goodie bag" in each cart with 2 sleeves of balls and cigars.

Have a hole where you have to play with kids' clubs, and supply a set of left and right handed clubs for age 10 or so.

At some of our tournaments you can drop a dollar in a jug for closest to the pin and long drive holes. Winner gets the jug contents.

Back