I intend to have a few sherberts for sure. Luckily BA allowed us to pre book seats for free so we have the bulk heads with the space for the sky cot so I'm hoping she sleeps most of the way. The slightly hyper active 6 year old we have though, that's gonna be tough to keep her entertained for the flight.
Also, might as well ask here, any restrictions on milk going through security? I worked in the game some years back at Heathrow when liquids over 100ml were banned, but can't remember the policy on bottled breast milk.

It looks like you'll be fine to bring a larger quantity as long as you declare everything to the security agent.
Here's a TSA link: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-liquids-rule

I intend to have a few sherberts for sure. Luckily BA allowed us to pre book seats for free so we have the bulk heads with the space for the sky cot so I'm hoping she sleeps most of the way. The slightly hyper active 6 year old we have though, that's gonna be tough to keep her entertained for the flight.
Also, might as well ask here, any restrictions on milk going through security? I worked in the game some years back at Heathrow when liquids over 100ml were banned, but can't remember the policy on bottled breast milk.

You can bring as much milk/formula for the baby through security as you want, no restriction on amount. They have to do some testing on it after you go through the metal detector, but it's a pretty easy process.

We took our son to Europe when he was 6 months old. The flight going there was pretty easy because it was overnight and he slept most of the way. The flight back was more challenging because it was the middle of the day and he didn't want to sleep at all. He finally fell asleep in the baby carrier that my wife was wearing, she had to stand up for over an hour because that was the only way he would sleep!

For all the parents out there with kids in school:

10675806_10152819687942641_7937643925784902197_n.jpg

Andrew has his first soccer game tomorrow morning. I'm not sure who is more excited, him or dad? I can't wait to see how he does.

The kids have had some activity days at school this week, yesterday was Throwback Thursday at the middle school...
1fc897d3e8c4e707e0ab5614786529f7.jpg

And today was Character From Your Favorite Book day at the elementary school ...

d50bcc2c696537041b91a72b9ca8a0f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7dfc14615f23a4cf81740aa594a0b648.jpg

Easter photo success today. Blackmail material for life.

Teething. Already. Not even 4 months yet...

Yay?

Poor little thing.

Teething. Already. Not even 4 months yet...

Yay?

Poor little thing.

My guy already has had 1 of his molars come through earlier this week, and there are 3 other teeth about to pop through as well. Fun times. He goes from being happy to complete meltdown pretty quickly.

My guy already has had 1 of his molars come through earlier this week, and there are 3 other teeth about to pop through as well. Fun times. He goes from being happy to complete meltdown pretty quickly.

I feel terrible for not spotting it sooner, we thought the last couple nights were just hitting the sleep regression stage but Amanda took a pic of her grinning and I noticed her gums on the bottom being swollen. Poor thing, I hate hate hate seeing her uncomfortable.

Another 24 hour shift survived. No major incidents last night with the teething, but she was up a lot.

Nap time for dad now. Woot woot.

Another 24 hour shift survived. No major incidents last night with the teething, but she was up a lot.

Sounds like you're ready for a second one.

Little man got his first haircut today. He actually liked it and flirted with the lady. He got a mohawk.

11071517_10155380789395501_1335668834034154446_n.jpg

Parenting Thread

The wife and kids went down to the inlaws yesterday morning. When they called on FaceTime tonight, both boys (6 & 4) were crying that they missed me and we're ready to come home. Nice to feel loved and needed.

Sounds like a smart guy. 15 months seems early for a toddler bed, but I can't think of anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for being late to this one. They make these things called "crib tents." They're like bug screens to keep the kids in the crib. They worked well for quite a while, until my son figured out how to unzip - from the inside. It will buy you some time though.

Don't worry, the second one is much easier

True but with the 3rd you go from playing man-to-man to zone. It's a bit trickier.

Honestly my wife's side of the family just left today after being at our house since Friday morning. Her sister has a 10 week old and a 21 month old and my other 6 year old nephew and my wife's mom were here as well. I forgot how much damn work infants, toddlers, and ADD 6 year olds can be!! I think my blood pressure went down 20 points when they all left. The 21 month old broke a beer glass in the man cave and almost put a putter through my 65" plasma. Our house and especially pool is not kid proof so that was quite interesting as well. Thank God that my kids are 17, 15, and 9. I'll take the wondering where they are at midnight over the crying and diapers any day!! I guess I must have liked it when mine were little but there is no amount of money that could make me go back 15 years.

Bubby had a blow out this morning just as we were getting ready to walk out the door. All up his back, and it got on the changing table mat and it was on his shirt. Trying to hold him in one arm while pulling off his clothes and wiping off his back and rear was a feat. Finally got him cleaned up, changed and out the door with mom to daycare. Got into work and sat down at the conference room table for our weekly staff meeting and said to myself "Hmm, smells like baby poop." Looked down and there was a nice smear right across the front of my sweater. How I missed that, I haven't a clue.

Oh, let me tell you a blow out story.

One weekend, my wife decided she wanted to go do some furniture shopping in Atlanta. My twins, who were probably two-and-a-half at the time, had some sort of bug. I don't recall what it was, but they both started antibiotics the day before we went down. As we drive down, we decide my wife will shop while I keep an eye on the kids. Then we'll head over to the hotel, watch the Auburn/Ga. Tech game, and then we'll go do something fun Sunday before we head back.

So when we get there, we pull into a McDonald's so my wife can go shopping. I'm sitting in the playland watching the kids play, and as my daughter is climbing up the ledges to get to the top, I notice something strange at the back of her diaper. Quickly I surmise their might be an issue, so I contort my body to get up to her, and drag her back down. I get her into the bathroom and open things up and OH...MY....LORD.... She has apparently exploded a week's worth of the foulest smelling stuff the planet has ever seen. It's absolutely everywhere, and impossible to get off. Here I am trying to balance her on the changing table, while trying to hold the door open with my foot to keep an eye on my son, holding a tiny thing of wipes and trying to clean up a toxic waste dump. Needless to say, it's not going well. Everything I wipe smears everywhere and I'm quickly running out of supplies.

Suddenly, I hear this mom say, "How did you get into chocolate? Wait...OH MY GOSH!!! COME HERE NOW!! And much commotion occurs in the other bathroom. I somehow manage to get my son's attention, and he comes to me, and he too has it spread everywhere up his back, down his legs, etc. Now all the parents in the play area are figuring out what's going on and shooting me "eat-what's-coming-out-of-your-kids'-pants-and-die" looks, as they quickly usher their crying children out of the store.

Somehow, with one free-non-diarreah-covered finger, I manage to get my cell phone out and call my wife. She answers with a cheery, "Hey! How's it going?" I say, "GET...HERE...NOW!!!" and hang up. I continue the pointless exercise of trying to clean my children, and 5 minutes later she comes tearing into the parking lot. She takes one look at the situation and does not say a word about how she thought one of the kids had choked to death. She retrieves extra supplies and clothes from the car, and somehow we manage to get them cleaned up.

After all this, I go and see the brown streak going down the slide. I go tell an employee what happened, and he shrugs. Incredulous, I go tell the manager, and he says he'll get somebody over there when they slow down from the lunch rush. Needless to say, I can't let someone else's kid in there, so I go grab a mop bucket, spray bottle and some rags that were sitting in a corner, and I go climb up the way-too-small openings and scrub down the play area. As I'm leaving, the manager walks in. I tell him I did the best I could, but to be safe, he may want to close it and really clean it again. He says "looks like you got it" and walks out.

My wife and I head to the hotel. The kids are now napping, so we collapse into the bed to watch the Auburn/Ga Tech game. It's probably the most inept game Auburn has played in 20 years, and they get shutout by Ga Tech. Now I'm pissed, tired, sick to my stomach and the kids wake up and start bawling. My wife and I look at each other, have about a 2 minute discussion, then pack up the kids and drive home, stopping of course on the way to handle another explosion.

So there ya go....it can get worse.

wade, that story doesn't make me feel better. It just fills me with dread. There is plenty of time left for this to happen to Nick!

wade, that story doesn't make me feel better. It just fills me with dread. There is plenty of time left for this to happen to Nick!

I have a good one at Olive Garden.

Walk into Olive Garden, I am already not happy since I don't like thier food but the wife and her friend who has a son 2 months older than mine love it. So here we are sitting in the booth when all of a sudden My wife jumps up, grabs the diaper bag and disapears. I look at the high chair and omg what are these little round things mixed with this mess. So I clean up the high chair, the floor best I could, and throw away the napkins in the bathroom. As I am exiting the bathroom the wife comes out with little man in different clothes. I ask her what happened and it will stick with me forever.

He blew the diaper out so bad and she used a diaper from her friend who uses those cheap Wal Mart ones that the little absorbant beads exploded and it went everywhere. Thats the little round things I saw. His onsie was in the trash she didnt even try to keep it, she threw her sweater in the back of the suv since it was trashed, and we asked for our food to go. The waitress had seen me cleaning up and I guess had thrown up in a trash can in the kitchen because her manager came by and asked what happened. Yes we never have to go back and I am happy about that.

Man, you guys have some stories. Either I got really lucky with all 3 of mine or it has been long enough that I have blocked out all of the diaper memories. I loved all 3 of my boys when they were babies, but it's so nice now that they're responsible for themselves.

No complete blowouts yet but I've only been a parent less than a month. I have concluded we have to use Pampers diapers since every time we put Huggies on the baby boy there has been an issue with piss soaking through. Anyone else have better luck with a certain brand of diaper? The pampers have never soaked through but it happens everytime with the other brands.

After reading the last few pages I've concluded I should never take him anywhere! haha

No complete blowouts yet but I've only been a parent less than a month. I have concluded we have to use Pampers diapers since every time we put Huggies on the baby boy there has been an issue with piss soaking through. Anyone else have better luck with a certain brand of diaper? The pampers have never soaked through but it happens everytime with the other brands.

After reading the last few pages I've concluded I should never take him anywhere! haha

We had this issue with almost every diaper aside from Luvs. Both of my boys did great with them and didn't break out in rashes like a couple other brands caused. The blowouts will come at some point. I have seen a few with moth of mine. Once they were eating the jarred baby foods is when they both got me.

Having kids much much smarter than I am, is pretty cool.

My oldest is in his second year at central Michigan University studying micro Biology, and handling a 21 credit hour load with a 3.64 GPA

My youngest is a junior in HS and carries a 3.92 GPA.

Now, if they would stop costing me so much money...

Have you all ever tried the teething tablets? My boys did fairly well with those. We also used to the the sppon in the freezer trick. From what I have read, it helps allow the teeth to break through the gums without as much pain. We would put a metal spoon in the freezer for a while and then use the rounded side and rub it along their gums. Then we would let them play with a wash cloth that we would put in the freezer as well.

Back