Odyssey Putters Thread

WHP #1, 35". I was just making bombs at the store, we'll see how it translates on the course. Loved the feel of the insert, haven't used one of these before. Very nice grip on it too, I'm not budget minded when it comes to putters but this overall feels excellent for a more budget line unit.

Didn't get a good pic, but it's a fairly thin topline, which I very much prefer - it's one of my favourite things about my B60, this #1 isn't quite that thin but thinner than, say, a Cameron.

The headcover is extremely cheap and feels very insubstantial. Nothing like what came with my Pings.

The 2 bars indicate moderate toe hang, but it was more in the category I consider 'slight'. 4 o'clock if it were righty.

FWIW, the white hot pro is not a budget line. It's just a couple models old, so you can get a good deal on them, but this was Odyssey's main line a couple years ago.

FWIW, the white hot pro is not a budget line. It's just a couple models old, so you can get a good deal on them, but this was Odyssey's main line a couple years ago.

Ah OK...I did some searching around and somewhere read the WHP 2.0 release was their budget line this year. When I looked at the 2013 reviews, the putter body color is different and they have PRO in red letters on the insert, which mine doesn't have.

Ah OK...I did some searching around and somewhere read the WHP 2.0 release was their budget line this year. When I looked at the 2013 reviews, the putter body color is different and they have PRO in red letters on the insert, which mine doesn't have.
It maybe considered their budget line. But the White Hot Pro insert is the best in the industry

This should make Jman happy. I don't have this in my possession yet. Actually, I did, but it needed to be re-done.

putter1_zps0fbd7884.jpg

I promise I will keep a second putter for possible bunker use, hahaha.

For ddec!

I haven't paint filled it yet but have played with it twice and I am not sure that I am going to. I'll do an alignment line (or all three) but I may just leave the bottom like it is,
The way I have been putting this year, I can't do anything with the paint fill on this thing. I have a lot of confidence in this putter right now, so I'm not going to change anything for now. Hopefully I go through the whole season with no paint fill at all.

Mxm will feel/sound more firm. Damascus has a unique feel with a higher pitched click, thus giving the impression of being more firm than both
Sorry for the delayed response, Tapatalk is being a pain.

Thank you for the info. All of my putters, except my #7 versa tank, are milled or have a metal insert (copper or aluminium) so I'm comfortable with a "firm" feel. Hmm, the Damascus sure looks nice. This might end badly for my wallet.

It was the #3. But yes. You are correct
The white hot pro line had two flow neck putters, the #3 had a very squared off flange, and the #2,with a very rounded flange. The #2 also came as a center shafted option.

The MXM line also had a flow neck, the #6,but I think that's the last flow neck putter Odyssey has produced.

So it looks like Odyssey is bringing to market a few putters called "Big T" which feature versa paint scheme but altered to reflect a T instead of parallel alignment aids. All models, including a CS V-Line model will be available in Black - White - Black. Stock black steel shaft. Should come to retail June 12th. After seeing initial pics, I am really interested in the single bend #5.

Well putted well today with the Odyssey #7. Went 14/16-30 putts. Greens were aerated and sanded so I probably could have drained more.

So it looks like Odyssey is bringing to market a few putters called "Big T" which feature versa paint scheme but altered to reflect a T instead of parallel alignment aids. All models, including a CS V-Line model will be available in Black - White - Black. Stock black steel shaft. Should come to retail June 12th. After seeing initial pics, I am really interested in the single bend #5.

I saw those as well, what I really liked was that there was a center shafted model offered.

Is it different than the works versa v-line they already have (paint scheme wise)? That one has a T on it already.

Made the mistake of rolling a couple of the new milled collection putters. My wallet is in hiding....

Is it different than the works versa v-line they already have (paint scheme wise)? That one has a T on it already.

No it's pretty much close to same concept but instead of silver and black it's now black and white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was leaving putts short consistently with my Tank Cruiser #1W, so I swapped out the 10g weights in the head for the 15g weights and it felt instantly better. The added weight smoothed out the swing and also made it feel like I didn't have to swing the putter as hard because the extra weight added more speed for me. Will get it on the course to confirm, but the initial feel was great. One more reason I like my TC #1W.

I was leaving putts short consistently with my Tank Cruiser #1W, so I swapped out the 10g weights in the head for the 15g weights and it felt instantly better. The added weight smoothed out the swing and also made it feel like I didn't have to swing the putter as hard because the extra weight added more speed for me. Will get it on the course to confirm, but the initial feel was great. One more reason I like my TC #1W.

I had to do the same for my TC 330m. I put in the 20gm weights and immediately started making more putts. The heavier head agrees with my aggressive putting and leaving them short is not longer an issue. That's the main reason I went with the Tank #7 works I'm rolling now. The heavier weight just suits me better. Good luck.

Nice! Mine is fiiiiiiiiinally arriving tomorrow, thanks to running out if headcovers... Wtf? But been rolling the 7ch the last week and really enjoying the insert a ton. Great great roll.

I added a White Damascus #9 (non insert) to my growing stable of #9s. I still need an MXM, a Works, and eventually a Milled Series.

Odyssey Putters Thread

I added a White Damascus #9 (non insert) to my growing stable of #9s. I still need an MXM, a Works, and eventually a Milled Series.

They have non insert white Damascus's?

They have non insert white Damascus's?

There are three White Damascus #9 putters the iX with a high toe, and two standard models, one with a black finish and one with the polished finish.

There are three White Damascus #9 putters the iX with a high toe, and two standard models, one with a black finish and one with the polished finish.

Learn something new every day

I had to do the same for my TC 330m. I put in the 20gm weights and immediately started making more putts. The heavier head agrees with my aggressive putting and leaving them short is not longer an issue. That's the main reason I went with the Tank #7 works I'm rolling now. The heavier weight just suits me better. Good luck.
A tank 7 is firmly on my radar as something I need to try. I love the #1w, but I think I may be leaving a bit out there because of the lower moi #1w vs the #7. A tank cruiser #7 might get a serious look this year too.

I'll get a picture of the three different ones when I get home.

Edit: Nevermind I found them.
3449qo9.jpg

2ileyyd.jpg

97mq9k.jpg

Oh wow those are pretty. I thought they all had the insert in the middle.

Oh wow those are pretty. I thought they all had the insert in the middle.
My understanding is that the ix is different than the other two.

The center picture looks like the one I just purchased.

Tomorrow on course! So excited!
6d603b7dc3248fba93010a10c202e8db.jpg

2d17ab63cd53e3444b63f982d1a5ffc1.jpg

f28eaf032eee47ad9704178233a1c333.jpg

021d8585b99af8d4eb32aab423eedbfe.jpg

That's such a great looking putter.

Back