Arrcos vs Game Golf???

I started out using the Game Golf smartphone app and loved it. Eventually I got tired of pulling out my phone to "tag" each shot. Two weeks ago I got the actual Game Golf device that clips on to your belt and I love it. Touching the club to the the device is so easy and does not interfere with my game. I have not used Arrcos but both look like they have their own strengths and weaknesses and for me, Game Golf is the way to go.

.......both look like they have their own strengths and weaknesses and for me, Game Golf is the way to go.

Totally agree!

I am waiting for the Game Golf system to arrive from Amazon today. I used the app first but did not like the idea of having to pull the phone out for each shot nor carrying it around in my pocket all day. Game Golf has an advantage in that sense (carrying in pocket). Also, Game Golf does not require batteries in each of the devices that go on the clubs and they are less bulky. Nor do you have to carry multiple clubs a certain way or try to avoid having them bump together. However, with Arccos you can see things real time, no need to wait to upload later. I do wish there was a way to compare accuracy of the two but Game Golf claims the GPS in their system is better than that found in most phones. We'll have to see. Whatever system is used shoould help one become a better golfer. To each his own.

I do wish there was a way to compare accuracy of the two but Game Golf claims the GPS in their system is better than that found in most phones.

As far as accuracy between the app and the device, they are both pretty close. With the actual device I have had to move a few of the shots where I "tagged" the club as it was off by about 10 yards or so. This has only happened twice and it might have been user error. I'll let you know if it continues to be a problem.

I borrowed a Game Golf unit from a friend to try before making my decision on which one to buy. Also, I sent emails to both manufacturers to see what there evolution plan was for their product. This made it easy for me to choose Arccos. I bought mine in Dec 2014 for $275 and have been enjoying it ever since.

I borrowed a Game Golf unit from a friend to try before making my decision on which one to buy. Also, I sent emails to both manufacturers to see what there evolution plan was for their product. This made it easy for me to choose Arccos. I bought mine in Dec 2014 for $275 and have been enjoying it ever since.

Do you mind providing some detail?

Do you mind providing some detail?

Everything both companies told me about back in 2014 has already happened for the most part. The current beta testing for Arccos has me excited though. I'm not sure what else Game has planned but I'm sure they will keep enhancing their app since that was the big thing they wanted to implement this year.

The more I play with Arccos the more I love it. It really is so seamless, I now just check over a hole as im walking to the next tee box to make sure it got all my puts (that's the only shots it misses). The only thing that is annoying is the GPS for my home course is wrong, since they changed the green locations on two of the par 3's and it hasn't been updated in the GPS database. Im not sure if there is a way to update the map of the course. If anyone knows please tell me. My buddy has a GPS unit and its also wrong on his unit, so there must be some database where they have the satellite images of the golf courses.

Arccos is for Apple only. Me = Windows. Easy choice - Game Golf for me.

Arccos is for Apple only. Me = Windows. Easy choice - Game Golf for me.

IM the biggest Iphone hater. I just traded an old Ipod for an Iphone 5 which I use only for running Arccos. You dont need a sim card or cell signal to run Arcoss. It just uses Bluetooth. SO this is my dedicated Arccos, GPS system. Having the real time data, along with distance to pins and hazards is invaluable to my game. Also having all the club data at the tap of a button jsut cant be beat. I get to my ball, pull up the distance to hole, look at my club data and jsut take the club it tells me. Also not having to remember to "tap" jsut makes it so unintrusive. Arccos is miles ahead of GG. I guess if you just want something to keep your score for you then GG is the way to go. But if you want something that will help you get lower scores, Arccos is hands down the way to go.

The more I play with Arccos the more I love it. It really is so seamless, I now just check over a hole as im walking to the next tee box to make sure it got all my puts (that's the only shots it misses). The only thing that is annoying is the GPS for my home course is wrong, since they changed the green locations on two of the par 3's and it hasn't been updated in the GPS database. Im not sure if there is a way to update the map of the course. If anyone knows please tell me. My buddy has a GPS unit and its also wrong on his unit, so there must be some database where they have the satellite images of the golf courses.

Send them an email at caddie@arccosgolf.com . They always get back to me within 24hrs. You can also call them if you prefer that over email.

So my local course which I play 3-4 times per week has changed 2 of the holes in the past year or so due to construction going on around the course. All the GPS aps including Arccos still have the old hole locations, so it makes distances read wrong on thee 2 holes as well as on hole 15 its now a par 3 as opposed to a par 4. I emailed Arccos yesterday about the issue and they said they get their course layout from Apple maps. He told me to take screen shots from Google maps and email them to him and he would correct the information in the system so the course would play correctly.

The response was immediate we will see how long it takes to update in the actual App. So far I am very impressed with the level of customer service from Arccos.

I emailed Arccos yesterday about the issue and they said they get their course layout from Apple maps. He told me to take screen shots from Google maps and email them to him and he would correct the information in the system so the course would play correctly.

Really?? They are such Apple fanboys they can't even use Google maps themselves. Of course since no maps are real time it will depend on when the satellite images were taken.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Can you use any of them on the apple watch? See the data etc so you're not having to pull the phone out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arccos currently has very limited capability on apple watch, you an get yardages (front/middle/back) but that is all I have been able to figure out how to do so far.

I have been very pleased with Arccos overall, but like a lot of things with the Apple Watch, the functionality is not quite there yet. I would guess in future iterations it will improve, but so far it hasn't done much for me.

Can you use any of them on the apple watch? See the data etc so you're not having to pull the phone out?

Arccos currently has very limited capability on apple watch, you an get yardages (front/middle/back) but that is all I have been able to figure out how to do so far.

I have been very pleased with Arccos overall, but like a lot of things with the Apple Watch, the functionality is not quite there yet. I would guess in future iterations it will improve, but so far it hasn't done much for me.

Thanks for the reply I still fancy picking up both

Thanks for the reply I still fancy picking up both

Yeah, I have both Arccos and the apple watch. I have told people if you want it get it, but the product will get a lot better as they (Arccos/apple) adjust it with feedback.

Hey Everyone just budging in on this thread and was wondering if any Arccos users can answer if you have to have your phone in your pocket while swinging for the shot to register? To me that seems like a big pain.

Cannot confirm that it has to be in your pocket, but it does need to be relatively close. I have played 25 rounds already with Arccos and it has not bothered me in the slightest bit to have it in my pocket. Not sure if it matters, but usually when I go to the driving range I will listen to music/podcasts so I usually had my phone in my pocket when I was practicing long before Arccos came along.

Phone goes in front left, ball marker/tees/divot tool goes in front left, glove back left scorecard/yardage book back right. Unless you have the 6 plus (I have the regular 6) or have really small pockets you will get used to it pretty quickly (just my opinion).

Hey Everyone just budging in on this thread and was wondering if any Arccos users can answer if you have to have your phone in your pocket while swinging for the shot to register? To me that seems like a big pain.

Thanks Mancest! So would you be comfortable saying that in the cart next to the ball or in the bag next to the ball while walking would work as well? Im More of one tee, divot tool front left, glove back right and scorecard,yardage back left. Anything else and I can tell easily. lol Too picky I guess.

Cannot confirm that it has to be in your pocket, but it does need to be relatively close. I have played 25 rounds already with Arccos and it has not bothered me in the slightest bit to have it in my pocket. Not sure if it matters, but usually when I go to the driving range I will listen to music/podcasts so I usually had my phone in my pocket when I was practicing long before Arccos came along.

Phone goes in front left, ball marker/tees/divot tool goes in front left, glove back left scorecard/yardage book back right. Unless you have the 6 plus (I have the regular 6) or have really small pockets you will get used to it pretty quickly (just my opinion).

Thanks Mancest! So would you be comfortable saying that in the cart next to the ball or in the bag next to the ball while walking would work as well? Im More of one tee, divot tool front left, glove back right and scorecard,yardage back left. Anything else and I can tell easily. lol Too picky I guess.

You can leave the phone in the cart for most shots. Where you run into issues are holes that have a long distance from the cart path to the green or some tee boxes.

Problem with leaving your phone in your cart with the Arrcos is that it thinks you hit your shot where you leave your phone. You pretty much need to take it with you or you're doing a lot of editing to your shots and that becomes frustrating quickly.

I started out using the Game Golf smartphone app and loved it. Eventually I got tired of pulling out my phone to "tag" each shot. Two weeks ago I got the actual Game Golf device that clips on to your belt and I love it. Touching the club to the the device is so easy and does not interfere with my game. I have not used Arrcos but both look like they have their own strengths and weaknesses and for me, Game Golf is the way to go.

Same here. Used the app for 1 round then purchased the device. Tagging is now part of my routine. I find it very unobtrusive although I wish the tags were smaller and black.

I went with the Game Golf system for a few reasons. One is no batteries required ne each of the club tags; another is not having to carry my phone around in my pocket; a third is the fact that according to their video you are supposed to carry your clubs a certain way and avoid having them bump against each other when doing so. The only issue I have had with the Game Golf system is having it fall off my belt once and nearly fall off a couple of other times.

I have my phone in my bag (I usually walk or push a cart) so bag is always pretty close to my shots. It works fine.

Back