Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

Dang, I was pretty certain it was kidney stones myself Kelly but really did not want to mention those horrible things. Hope you can nurse him back to health soon.
Same here, thought kidney stones as well. Hope it's short-lived and you're back up to speed soon.

Worried about you Bill. First Randy goes down with a bad back, and now you. We old coots have to be careful with our backs. From all accounts, you've been getting that tee ball out there long lately. Time to ease off that swing a little and protect that sore back perhaps buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say for sure when that muscle spasm kicks in it's very easy to back off :beat-up:. Thanks pal.

Go easy buddy. Don't push it the season is way to young. Have it looked at if it continues much longer.

Thanks Kevin. You're right, this season is just kicking in gear so I need to monitor my activity a bit better.

Don't push it buddy. Still plenty more golf to play in your lifetime!

Yep. I thought after the attack today I was going out (kicking the bucket) on the golf course.

Well Bill had another attack today and I carted his butt to the ER. He was in intense pain and we were certain it was kidney stones. The urinalysis was negative and the doctor said he was having severe muscle spasms. He was given meds and told to apply heat/ice. I guess the old coot has been overdoing it. He feels fine for a little while then BAM! It's really weird that he is fine with no pain and then these come out of nowhere and bring him to his knees. Hope he is better very soon.

The nurse at the ER said she was giving me a strong shot of muscle relaxer. I raised up my shoulder so she could shoot it to me and she said no honey, drop ya pants because this one is going in the butt cheek . :bulgy-eyes: The pain I had yesterday afternoon, last night, and again today was really severe. I've dealt with some heavy pain over the years but this was some take ya arse down to the ground pain.

Time to trade him in for a newer model, KB! I kid, I kid. Rest up OG! Hope you get to feeling better soon buddy!

Thanks bro!

Thanks for the update KB....I hope he gets better soon.

Again apprecite ya Kev. The doc told me to rest my back and behave. I don't know about the behaving part but I will be good as new in a couple of days.

Thanks KB. Tell him to settle down. And if that doesn't work, l'll come down with my two good knees and take his old butt to the woodshed. Ha

Appreciate ya bro!

Dang, I was pretty certain it was kidney stones myself Kelly but really did not want to mention those horrible things. Hope you can nurse him back to health soon.

I was cramping so bad I thought I was going to throw up. Really strong pain buddy.

Same here, thought kidney stones as well. Hope it's short-lived and you're back up to speed soon.

Thanks brother! Us old coots are having a race to see how much of our stuff/body we can wear out.

OG take it easy for a while, rest up and relax. Hope your spasms subside quickly.

Thanks brother! Us old coots are having a race to see how much of our stuff/body we can wear out.
All those years of football, softball, basketball, and bad golf swings are catching up with us.

OG take it easy for a while, rest up and relax. Hope your spasms subside quickly.

Thanks James. Going to take it easy and enjoy what's coming up the next couple of months.

All those years of football, softball, basketball, and bad golf swings are catching up with us.

Man we played with reckless abandon back in the day and now our bodies are saying, pay back time.

Again apprecite ya Kev. The doc told me to rest my back and behave. I don't know about the behaving part but I will be good as new in a couple of days.

Any doctor that tells you to behave just does no know you well enough or has no power of observation. I highly recommend that you go see a doctor who at least can recognize the obvious - there ain't no behaving in my buddy Old Gray.

:alien::banana::blob::laughing:

Any doctor that tells you to behave just does no know you well enough or has no power of observation. I highly recommend that you go see a doctor who at least can recognize the obvious - there ain't no behaving in my buddy Old Gray.

:alien::banana::blob::laughing:

I have no doubt KellyBo would agree with you old pal

Go easy for a while OG. No need to rush or over do it. Hope you feel better soon.

Dang it Bill , I Hate to hear this buddy . We will be praying for ya' buddy.

Take it easy OG!

Things are starting to look up a little. Down to a 70% chance of rain Monday.

Yep! I told OG he can only ride tomorrow if we play. He's still having muscle spasms this AM. The doc told him to rest his back and I'm going to make him do so.

Yep! I told OG he can only ride tomorrow if we play. He's still having muscle spasms this AM. The doc told him to rest his back and I'm going to make him do so.
Bring the iron skillet! Keep him in line KB.

I really hope the weather cooperates so you can enjoy our course. It's pretty special IMO.

KellyBo was looking up some symptoms on the internet this morning involving pressure points. It showed a map of exactly where my pain is located. My hip has really been hurting alot lately and it might be affecting the nerves that run up my right side. I also have pain in on the pad of the finger next to my pinky. It hurts like a boil. My spasms in the back hit me when I went to the bath room early this morning. I had to hit the meds and taken a muscle relaxer and later a pain pill. I hate to go back to the doc but I probably need to schedule an appointment tomorrow with my orthopedic surgeon. Gawd I hate the possibility this will lead to. :angry:

Bring the iron skillet! Keep him in line KB.

haha I might have to hit a few shots until those muscle spasms kick in and put me in a fetal position.... :D

My pro just texted me and said the tournament was canceled and we can go off earlier if need be? 2:16 is currently our first tee time so if you want to go earlier, let me know asap !

Unfortunately it looks like I am not going to make it up for this round afterall. I still plan on making it up there sometime this month though.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

Last edited:
Unfortunately it looks like I am not going to make it up for this round afterall. I still plan on making it up there sometime this month though.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

Ok John. Thanks for the heads up

My pro just texted me and said the tournament was canceled and we can go off earlier if need be? 2:16 is currently our first tee time so if you want to go earlier, let me know asap !

I will probably be hard pressed to get up there much before about 1:30. Any updates on the weather forecast?

You know I am good to go any time you choose. See you there.

Here's the hourly forecast. Looks like up to 60% chance of rain.

Looks like it will be hit and miss all afternoon. I will pack a lunch and eat on the road to save some time. Will shoot for being there by 1:00 at the latest. Mapquest is showing me a 4.5 hour drive. Going to be up late tonight getting work done so I won't have to worry with it the next couple of days. Will be up and out by 8.

Back up to 80%. :angry: Looks like a small window from 1 - 3 where we may be able to get in some swings though. Although, I'm sure the forecast will completely change in the next hour...

Rather the rain hit us today than tomorrow. Hopefully we will be lucky and the rain will miss Lane Creek.

Last edited:
Back