What makes you enjoy your round of golf?

Campbell Toe

AKA Campbell Toe
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Is it score? Quality of shots hit? The weather? Who you are paired with? Eye candy(cart girls)? Something else?

Is it score? Quality of shots hit? The weather? Who you are paired with? Eye candy(cart girls)? Something else?

All of the above. The older I get the more I enjoy all aspects of my golf and other free-time activities. I probably most enjoy the rounds with long time good friends, especially the ones that I only get to play a few rounds a year with.

Score and hitting those good shots. Playing with THPers at events can rule all though.

Good people and playing decently or better

Teaming up with other golfers who don't get frustrated every time they hit a bad shot and enjoying each others company as we play 18. It helps if the weather is decent.

I enjoy the shots, the people and the courses. When I play alone I enjoy the shot making and trying new things

Quality of shots the company then the weather.

I think its all the things mentioned in the OP but especially who with. I got home from work tonight & 2 of my 3 boys were at friends houses for the evening. My wife had a little league board meeting (she's the uniform manager). My oldest (15) looked at me and said quick 9? I was awful tonight and approached the 50 mark. I also enjoyed every minute of it!

Playing with THPers for 1. Second would be playing well. But most of all sharing a round of golf with my daughter.

Just being able to be out in the sun

I tend to play quite a few rounds on my own and while I do enjoy shooting a good round(for me anyways), I tend to enjoy my round more if I have hit some really goods shots.

Seeing my kids smiling.
Seeing my wife play well.
Seeing my best friend turn the corner recovering from an injury and getting back in the game.
Being on the course with friends.
Playing to my potential.

Score and company. quality of shots definitely helps.

All of the above, but most of all its "me" time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the above, especially the last one.

But in all seriousness, I enjoy every round even if I am playing horrible, just being out there is bliss.

Just chasing a white ball with golf clubs. I can shoot 120 and still have fun.

I have no clue, but I love it, no matter how much I play.

I think golf is curious that way, no matter how badly you (I) score or feel during a hole, I can't wait to jump on the horse the next day and play better.

Playing with THPers. It may be cliche but it's a dynamic they has changed the way I view the game.

For me its a culmination of many things. Quality of course is a huge factor. It doesn't need to be perfect, but it needs to be well kept the grounds crew has to take ownership and care about what there doing. Also when you have nice picturesque views. Playing along with good people is also very important. To many times 1 person has ruined a round of golf. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Although when you're hitting the ball on the sweet spot that can matter more than those other things I mentioned but making putts is the granddaddy of all. Putts putts putts changes things. It makes everything better!

I am happiest on a golf course. With that said, everything you listed adds to the enjoyment. What takes some of the fun out of it is playing with people with poor courtesy and playing very poorly. So most days are great days. Even a bad day on the golf course is better that WORK!

Just enjoying some time with nice people!

Back