Have you witnessed a Hole in 1?

KinlochRVA

Reaction score
Handicap
1ish
I personally, have not had a Hole in 1. I have a double eagle, which is mathmatically much harder, but no one ever asks if you have one of those....:banghead:

However, I have witnessed 5 Hole in 1's in groups I have played. Pretty satisfying to see someone get that kind of enjoyment.

I think that I have been lucky to seen as many as I have seen. Anyone else have a cool story?

Yes, two. My own, which was completely anti-climactic because nobody saw the ball. The second was dramatic... the morning of my best friend's wedding, another groomsmen, from an elevated tee where the ball landed above the hole, wobbled a little, barely moved, then slowly rolled into the hole. Our foursome was yelling for the ball to keep rolling; we erupted when it dropped. It was awesome.

just my own. It was pretty cool because my wife was out for the walk with me that day, and she NEVER comes out to the golf course.

The club gave me i think around 40 or 50 drink tickets to hand out when we got into the clubhouse. The problem there was that it was a tuesday afternoon. I had to ring this big bell at the bar to signal the accomplishment, and there was maybe 2 or 3 older ladies in the clubhouse at the time and that's it. We had a few drinks but it was tough trying to give away the rest of the tickets with the course so slow that day.

4 in total: 2 of mine and 2 of my dad's

2, neither were mine and both times I told the person that hit it that it was in and they didn't believe me. 1st was with a 75 year old during our men's league and the other was a month or so ago with a buddy that was using my Hogan VKTR (thanks again THP and Ben Hogan Golf!)

Think I saw 2 or 3 while caddying.

And my dad hit one last October. We didn't see it role into the hole, but the guys on the next tee box where yelling.

The first one I saw, I think, was my Dad's, so that was cool. I was playing in a scramble event and one of my teammates had one. I feel like I've seen others, but it's a little fuzzy. I saw some teammates of mine in college get some during practice on our par 3 course. Not sure those count.

I have seen 1 in petson, about 5 years ago.

Nope. I began with lessons at the age of 8. 52 years later I have yet to witness a hole in one.

Mine about 18 years ago. But, unfortunately, I was the only one that witnessed it...

The first one I saw almost made me puke. I was in high school. We had a stud starting team of 6 people, but we kept 10 on the team. One of the practices, I had to play with a kid who couldn't break 100 if even he cheated. We are on #2, a 150 yard short par 3 with a large bank to the right of the green that sloped towards the hole itself. In dry conditions, if you missed right of the green, the ball would flow down towards the hole. The #3 tee box was 50 yards right of #2 green, separated by a cart path and some large oak trees. This "golfer" SHANKS his irons shot, hits a tree, ricochets off the cart path, hits the hill and steam rolls into the hole, almost breaking the pin it hit so hard.

The kid ends up shooting a 121. He was ecstatic about his round, and I didn't want to burst his bubble. After a couple days, anytime he brought it up, we would all chime in with "121"

I believe the count is 3

Just 1 in the group behind me this year.

Have you witnessed a Hole in 1?

I have seen three.
Two of mine (I could not see my third, but my partners saw it. I heard it hit the stick, tho) and one from my playing partner.
PGG and I were playing a match against two older guys, one of whom was having such a bad day putting, it got funny. I mean, he missed a 2 ft putt to push a hole in the prior hole. He says, on the teebox, "I better put this in the hole, so I don't have to putt!"
And he did. It was awesome. I was more excited for his than any of my own!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have witnessed 3. The last of which was at True Blue by #Cookie. Sadly, I have yet to witness my own.

JM

Yes earlier this year a group behing me a dude jarred one

Only my own.

I have...actually two of them. One was by far the most exciting as it was witnessed with a group of some of the best guys out there. The second was by far the ugliest HIO imagined. Ball pulled left hits a tree, runs through the bunker up onto the green then trickled twenty feet and into the cup.

Was with my buddy when he got his first last year while playing Bay Creek

I watched my brother get one when we went back and played the course we grew up on. He has 3, I have zip.

I've never witnessed a pretty HIO. Only one I ever saw was my own and it was UGLY.

Seen one at a THP event.

I've witnessed four or five and they've all been terrible shots.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've witnessed four or five and they've all been terrible shots.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
We need to play together, you apparently are lucky for your playing partners

Back