Callaway XR Driver Review Thread

I want to hit it.

Got to spend some time with this tonight and definitely will be a hit with alot of people, IMHO. I started with 9.0 head but it was too low spin for me so went to 10.5 N/S and it was better than my X2hot in terms of feel and spring off the face. For me, the stock project x LZ wasn't a hit but I can see it working out for some people. Coming from an aftermarket tour blue 65 there was no feel in the club on the downswing. Most hits were close to 245-250 carry with about 20-25 yds of roll (on sim.) so it is consistent with what I get for me X2hot in same loft. The crown design is great and the finish is actually quite nice.

I'm am absolutely shocked I will have this in my hands in a couple months and look forward to blowing my SLDR out of the bag.

I want to go hit one of these at the shop for when I get one at #TheKing :D #PositiveThinking

Random question, is the XR Pro going to be an option at #TheKing as well or just XR?

I plan on hitting these really soon, in case my ticket is punched I know what to expect. The reviews I have seen on the entire line is that of a real bomber and super consistent. Just what I need in my hands to bring #TeamChad the crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was supposed to do a fitting this week for 815 Alpha. Now I have to wait a couple of weeks to include the XR also. Callaway do make some desirable drivers right now.

I hit this for about 20 minutes today at GG. I really like how it looks at address; the black on black so to speak really pops. The ball elevated for me and I liked hot the ball came off the face, just felt very easy to hit. I was in the lame LM that is unreliable in terms of distance, but they felt like solid hits to me and the LM was giving me distances longer than I usually see. The shaft felt great, by that I mean it was lightweight and I feel like it naturally released for me, if that makes any sense. I've been waiting for this entire line to come out TBH and I was not disappointed in any of the results I saw, especially with the driver. I'll be back there to get on one of the good LM's and maybe do some side by side hits with my driver for comparison.

PGG, if the Srixon Driver does not start falling into line this is on the Radar or a 815. I could see all Callaway woods and Srixon irons, best of both worlds

PGG, if the Srixon Driver does not start falling into line this is on the Radar or a 815. I could see all Callaway woods and Srixon irons, best of both worlds
I am happy with that set-up!

ill be watching the marketplace for a Srixon

I can't wait to get this driver and put it through its paces. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against the G30.

I want to hit this with the 13.5* head in a bad way.

Need to start getting familiar with this club. Will see if the LZ shaft works out. Haven't had a lot of success with px wood shafts

Need to start getting familiar with this club. Will see if the LZ shaft works out. Haven't had a lot of success with px wood shafts

You and me both. The LZ has me curious.

Calling Global Golf today to see if their trade in bonus will still be available whenever the XR is released. I agree with the LZ thoughts, I want to give it a shot.

I hit this at the show and was pretty tired by the time I was hitting it and never really made good contact but still had some good numbers. I really would like to try hitting this again and not be so exhausted.

the XR looked good in hand at Golfgalaxy today, i did not have time to warm up and hit it in the bay, but liked the appearance first hand.

Got to hit this today at the PGA SS and was blown away. Easily the best driver of the Callaway offerings this year in my opinion. Was about 5 yards longer with the stock offering than the Alpha or DBD. Would love to hit the pro head to get the spin down just a little more on this one

Got to hit this today at the PGA SS and was blown away. Easily the best driver of the Callaway offerings this year in my opinion. Was about 5 yards longer with the stock offering than the Alpha or DBD. Would love to hit the pro head to get the spin down just a little more on this one

Nice Flog, thats some good stuff. I really want to get to hit this one soon. SO MANY GOOD DRIVERS out right now.

Nice Flog, thats some good stuff. I really want to get to hit this one soon. SO MANY GOOD DRIVERS out right now.

Very good feel and kind of a muted sound. The ball just gets in the air and stays there

Hit this on a monitor at dicks sporting goods. 9 degree head stock px LZ 6.0. Trend of these are longer shafts and lighter heads. Not the best suited for my game, but this club was easy to hit. Good launch at 16 degrees. The monitor didn't spit out any spin numbers. I consistently hit about 270 to 277 ish carry. That's pretty good right there. I could probably gain some consistency with bit shorter shaft and bit more swing weight but in its stock form, this club is very good still. I have not traditionally gotten along with px wood shafts but I didn't have much issues at all with the lz

Hit this one on the launch monitor tonight, this thing is a beast! I was hitting it very consistent and long! Well made driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah buy one and bring it to LC next weekend. I'm wanting to hit this driver in a badddd way.

Back