Have you witnessed a Hole in 1?

Yes, watched my wife get one on the Slammer and Squire at the The World golf Hall of Fame. That was absolutely awesome!

I have not witnessed a hole-in-one.

I saw dhartmann get one at an Iowa gathering

I saw one at a Masters practice round when Tom Watson skipped one over the water on 16 and it went in and another when a teammate hit one on the first hole of the first day of practice our senior year. That's the only two I remember in person.

Yes, on a Par 3 course I played on as a kid. I hit a nice shot that landed on the green. My playing partner hit a wicked slice that hit the bank well right of the green, it ricocheted off and rocketed across the green, hit the top of the flag and dropped in the hole.

Been present for 1. Neither of us could see the ball go in the hole since the pin was tucked behind a hill.

I've never seen one in person. Lots of them close to the hole. Still waiting on that magic day.

I believe my count is 12, only one mine. One of those includes Mark Brooks at #16 in a Masters practice round.

I've seen one buddy (Jim) get 4, 3 of them on the same hole that is the toughest par 3 at our home course.

Once I hit my shot to a foot on a longish (190) par 3, then my playing partner (Gerry) made an ace, one hop and in.

Once our cart died while at the far reaches of the course, and my playing partner (David) basically sprinted back to the cart barn, got a fresh one, drove back, stepped on the tee of a downhill wedge par 3 and flew his shot into the hole.

Mine was 48 years ago, in a high school golf team practice round (I am 63). An uphill 165 par 3, I thought I heard it hit the flagstick after it landed, and sure enough it was in.

Perhaps the best one came at a hole on my home course, where I suggested to one of the grounds crew a pin position that I had never seen used, very difficult just behind a ridge hard right just over a trap - my group got to the hole that day and my buddy Zane (also a member of the grounds crew) says - hey Steve, we put the hole where you suggested today, then he stepped up and holed it - awesome!

Only 2, one a few months ago by my playing partner and the other around 5 years ago from the group in front of us. Great to see and be apart of.

Playing with My brother he got one on a 160 yard par 3 in Palm Springs when he was 17 and had just finished a 6 pack of beer. One hop and drop.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Just my own, and I was walking solo so it was completely anti-climactic. Especially since I was convinced the ball hit the pin and shot off towards the cart path, not dropped into the hole.

I've seen 4 in person. I haven't had one myself yet. Really cool feeling just to be part of the celebration.

Seen 2. My dads was the most special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seen 2, both by ladies.

one was in college when I took golf. there was a goat ranch in Birmingham that the teacher would take us to. a girl who claimed she had never touched a golf club before that class got a hole in one the first time we played.

the other was at a local course, short par 3 on the back. we were adjacent to the green on a different hole. I happened to be waiting to putt and looked over just as the woman hit her shot. the green has a big hill that feeds down to the front of the green. she hit a no spin shot that landed short but went up the hill, came back down and disappeared.

Multiple, but never my own.

Just 1. My dad's. His only one in 30 years of playing. It was 10+ feet from the pin but rolled just right and into the cup.

1- my HS golf coach sliced one right into the hole. Terrible shot, great result

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure have. A playing partner topped a ball so badly, it bounced/rolled all the way to the green & into the cup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw dhartmann get one at an Iowa gathering
This is the one and only that I have witnessed. Cake vodka FTW!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Have you witnessed a Hole in 1?

I have witnessed two. I can happily say both are mine. First one bounced once and in. I was playing with a guy I used to work with. The more important one to me was the second. I was playing with my dad and uncles and it hit the front of the green and tracked right to the hole. Awesome to have my dad there.

I've seen 3 in my life.

One in HS, my dad's only one, and another friend of mine's only one.

Me? I have nothing but a few close calls.

I have witnessed my own and heard one the best ever while playing in the Morgan Cup. My man Cookie found the bottom of the cup and anyone within a few holes heard about it. EPIC!!!

I've only seen one. It was a friend who only plays 5 or 6 times a year because of the grief he would catch from his wife when he would play. 5 holes after his ace, his wife called & said she had fallen down the stairs & hurt her arm. He had to leave the round & take her to the ER.
2 hours later he calls me & we go finish the round, but the magic was over.

She didn't even have a bruise BTW.

Back