Golf Bucket (Wish) Lists. Post them here!

manlai

Reaction score
Handicap
luck
Short and long term Goals, wish list things, people in golf you want to meet, places you want to visit/play, whatever things big and small your heart desires, post them here! They can be as grounded or as farfetched as you want because... that's pretty much the point of a bucket list. :) It'd be nice to also mention ones you have done so far.

I've managed to check a couple off this year, plenty more to go obviously:

Play the top 100 courses (got Medinah a while back, Pebble this year)
Play Thracian Cliffs (scary looking but so cool)
Play the Open Champ. circuit courses
Break 80 (got it last month!)
Break 70 (heh, I did say farfetched)
Make an eagle
Make an alby
Make an ace
Win a tournament (yep, 0 career wins in golf >.<)
Meet Arnie!

Play in The Gauntlet
Play in The GRANDADDY

Live long enough to shoot my age

Shoot even par.
Play w Manlai (oh, wait....):banana:
Pine Valley
Merion

That is it.

Bucket list
1 check. Get into the grandaddy. Done.
To do:
Play pebble
Play Augusta
Play st Andrews
Score even par or less at least once.
Albatross.
Pretty much sums it up.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Play Pebble Beach.
Get a hole-in-one.

Shoot even par.
Pine Valley
Merion

That is it.

That's it???
National Golf Links
Shinnecock
Chicago Golf
Man I could just keep going...ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play St Andrews
Play Torrey Pines
Play Pinehurst
Get a hole in one
Live long enough to play with my grand children

That's it???
National Golf Links
Shinnecock
Chicago Golf

Nope. Just two courses on my bucket list.
All those are great courses, but the two I REALLY want to play are Merion and Pine Valley.

Nope. Just two courses on my bucket list.
All those are great courses, but the two I REALLY want to play are Merion and Pine Valley.

Can't argue with that! I have a resident at work who is 84, has played pretty much everything. He played Pine Valley 3 times. He is a lot of fun to talk to...

Shoot even par.
Pine Valley
Merion

That is it.

We'll get you covered on one of those!

For me it's just Augusta and I believe that will be resolved this fall.

Get to single figures. Did that about 3 years ago, although I'm not at the moment.

Play Pebble. That looks like it's gonna happen in January.

Make a hole in one. That is unlikely to ever happen.

Have a repeatable swing...

About the only remaining goal on my golf bucket list would be to play in #TheGrandaddy before I am too old to contribute the way I would want and to really make the most of all that comes with it.

Outdrive Nate!

The 17th at Sawgrass. Would love the chance.

Shoot even par.
Pine Valley
Merion

That is it.

lol we had a pretty good time despite it being cart path only. Hopefully it won't be too long until the next time! Pine Valley... that'd be sweet. I love that they hate all the free press they get whenever the Top 100 rankings come out every year. I'm pretty sure you need to be like Illuminati-level connected to check that one off, much like Chicago Golf Club.

Live to be 100 and shoot a 100

the butter zone for the whole "shooting your age" thing is a pretty narrow window, although I suppose it can start as early as 58 or 59. I'd actually be more impressed at a 100 shooting 100 than 60 shooting a 60 :p

That's it???
National Golf Links
Shinnecock
Chicago Golf

Ah CGC. I think I have a friend of a friend who might belong there but their membership operates by Fight Club rules so I've never gotten a confirmation.

Play Pebble Beach.
Get a hole-in-one.

Pebble is pretty amazing. I really loved Spanish Bay too. It also gave me a new appreciation for the importance of having a good caddie. I'll never play a bucket list round without one.

Last edited:
Break 80, best is 81. Play St. Andrews.

Outdrive Nate!

I think we'll have to steal his driver to make that happen!

My list (in order of probability):
card an eagle
score even par
play in all 50 states
shoot my age
make a hole in one
play Pine Valley

Break 70 and have fun playing as much as possible!

breaking 70 is on my list but I can't imagine how tidy of a round I'd need to play to do that. Even in my best rounds there's always a stretch of holes where I play like my hair's on fire (or like someone with selective amnesia in the portion of the brain where golfing is stored).

breaking 70 is on my list but I can't imagine how tidy of a round I'd need to play to do that. Even in my best rounds there's always a stretch of holes where I play like my hair's on fire (or like someone with selective amnesia in the portion of the brain where golfing is stored).

ahahahhahaha me too. Its got better over the last few years which is why I think it could happen some day.

One short-term wish is to get in a round at Erin Hills this fall, before the US Open is there next summer.

Back