I've been struggling for a few weeks till I read this.

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
OK, so I've been struggling for a few weeks - everything seemed to be going right no matter what I changed. I was beginning to think that I needed to start trying to draw the ball just to get it to go straight, but I even struggled with that.

I've only been playing for about a year but I've been playing regularly and practicing as often as possible. Hard to judge what my handicap really is because in mid-July I played 18 holes and shot a 77, but then after that, things started to go down hill.

So I was doing a google search for "how to fix a slice in your golf swing" and I ran across this article.

http://blog.golfsmith.com/golf-tips/how-to-correct-a-drive-slice/#.V7dgamXk3Kc

The key for me was step #4. I was no longer releasing the club head. I was so intent on trying to direct the ball to keep it from slicing, I was contributing to the problem by keeping the club head open. It was an "a ha" moment for me. Immediately went to the driving range and let my club head turnover on impact and voila, no more slice. In fact, I also gained quite a few yards on every club I tried.

I know this is pretty basic stuff on "swing mechanics", but believe it or not, no one had mentioned it to me that I was golfing with. They mentioned all kinds of other stuff... but not that.

I thought I would pass this on in case anyone else has experienced this.

This is a good article. I have been struggling with the same thing lately. I try not to swing too hard but I do much better when I work on releasing the club.
Thanks for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back