PA/NJ/DE crew outing. Philadelphia - Bala Country Club - September 24th

Reaction score
Handicap
Getting this thread started to share info and get sign ups for a THP outing for our PA/NJ/DE peeps (and anyone who wants to travel to our great city!).

When: September 24, 2016 (first tee time 12:50pm)
Where: Bala Golf Club (Philadelphia, PA) http://www.balagolfclub.com/course
Cost: $70-80
What: 18 holes with a cart, access to the bar/grill before/after the round, range and short game practice access
Who: YOU!!

Please feel free to respond to this string or send me a message directly. I'll keep a running list here. We are limited to 16-20 players, so first come, first-served.

And if you are coming from out of town, there are a LOT of great courses in the area if you want to add on some rounds Friday or Sunday.

Bala is a 5306 yard, 130 slope, William Flynn designed course where you'll use nearly every club in your bag. Yes short, but a challenging track and a great layout.

c2084a8cb19df5e97a1d2cd8f0092c85.jpg

46c742e9674fd2186a4e2de4b0d9fcbf.jpg

650ea2f69256c931d78014296789ad16.jpg

1. analyticandrew
2. Philly Golf Guy
3. Spivey
4. brianmk24
5. schuff
6. SJ HACK (aka CED423)
7. jlukes (MGS)
8. Aparisi339
9. TShaw409
10. lemmiwinks
11. Popeye
12. Will82
13. cwsiggy
14. ADriver (friend of analyticandrew)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
PA/NJ/DE crew outing. Philadelphia - Bala Country Club - September 24th

Count me in. Thanks for all the leg work on this!

Just to add about the course, it's a private club with a classic Flynn design that requires a tremendous amount of strategy. Longer hitters really don't have that much of an advantage here. Looking forward to it.

This course chewed me up and spit me out today. I can't commit 100% just yet.. But put me as a maybe.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Bummer. That's the only weekend in September that I can't make it. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

What time are you thinking? That is the day of my HS reunion, so I will be in town! Can I bring a few guys?

What time are you thinking? That is the day of my HS reunion, so I will be in town! Can I bring a few guys?

That'd be great!! I actually just updated the original post. We would have afternoon tee times. Still working out the details with the pro.

That'd be great!! I actually just updated the original post. We would have afternoon tee times. Still working out the details with the pro.

Ok I need to see what time my stuff starts before I can commit.

Ok I need to see what time my stuff starts before I can commit.

Sounds good. Id say the latest we would have you there is 6-6:15 with daylight running out not too long after that.

What HS??

Sounds good. Id say the latest we would have you there is 6-6:15 with daylight running out not too long after that.

What HS??

Lower Merion

Lower Merion

Awesome. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know once you are able to decide. Thanks!!

In for Flynn!

I forgot you were from out this way. Congrats on your 30th! :act-up:

In for Flynn!

I forgot you were from out this way. Congrats on your 30th! :act-up:

Awesome, Brian!! You're on the list!

If anybody has ever wanted to get onto Pine Valley, the Crump Cup final is on the 25th (90% sure of this, based on the one date that I found)

If anybody has ever wanted to get onto Pine Valley, the Crump Cup final is on the 25th (90% sure of this, based on the one date that I found)

A Philly amateur friend of mine has confirmed this as well. GREAT chance to get around Pine Valley and see some amazing golf.

You can count me in. I'll be there for sure.

Bummer. That's the only weekend in September that I can't make it. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Awww man. I'm sorry. If your plans change, please let me know!!

Count me in!!!!

Formerly known as CED423 on site. Looking FWD to seeing some of the guys I recently played with and meeting some new guys.

CJ

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Count me in!!!!

Formerly known as CED423 on site. Looking FWD to seeing some of the guys I recently played with and meeting some new guys.

CJ

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

You are IN!!

I'd love to attend this but I have to fly out for a road trip early the next day so this won't work. Perhaps next time!

I'd love to attend this but I have to fly out for a road trip early the next day so this won't work. Perhaps next time!

So sorry to hear it. If you change your mind let us know!! And next time for sure.

Pretty good turnout so far!!

If you guys don't fill this up let me know...my buddy and I would be in for sure.

If I wasn't in Chicago for Staff Proto I'd be all over this. Next time!

You're a THP'er - you can be in if you want!

If you guys don't fill this up let me know...my buddy and I would be in for sure.

Back