Tour Edge Hot Launch Ironwood's

erock9174

Reaction score
Handicap
http://www.touredge.com/products/hotlaunchironwood.asp

Did a search and came up with nothing.

Was curious if anybody has tried these yet. My local shop has them but only with A flex to demo.

Not that it really matters but I got my copy of the GD Hot List issue yesterday and they got a silver award. Usually only Tour Edge's Exotics line is their only winner each year.

They appear similar to the 588 Altitude which is popular on this site and also have a forged face as well.

Similar in construction, but I believe the difference comes from the offset. Going strictly based on my eye, these I thought had large amounts of it and while that does not bother me as much as others, one of the reasons the Altitude set is so popular for large ranges of players is the lack of offset at all in the set. It is rare to find a club in this category that sets up to the eye like most smaller clubs.

Good price (which I expect out of the Tour Edge line), but truth be told, Altitudes are a great price right now as well.

JB
Thanks for the info.

I noticed Tour Edge is offering a discounted trial on the 6 ironwood for $39.99 on their site.
Very tempting

Had the Hot Launches in hand a couple of weeks back and the offset is monstrous. So much so that while I was considering one of them as a long iron replacement, I put it back. The 6i pricing is a great deal for anyone willing to consider them though.

I think this is the sleeper SGI line of the season. My only concerns are the finish durability (don't to mess with that many head covers) and the Offset. Having said that, they remind me of an entire set of G15/K15 hybrids, which would be insanely forgiving.

Back