Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

It will be done after the semester is over. Using it as motivation..

Good motivation man. I cannot wait, my order says "being processed" not sure if that is better than backorder 3-5 days which I saw when I ordered. Hopefully they ship early next week

So I went and hit these today. Let's just say that I think I know a set will be finding a home with me. My goodness, they were, as James would say, silly good for me. As long as some pure distance irons and accurate as player irons, super impressed.
#validation

Good motivation man. I cannot wait, my order says "being processed" not sure if that is better than backorder 3-5 days which I saw when I ordered. Hopefully they ship early next week
When I ordered mine they shipped shortly after that switch.

Ordered 4-AW with the 680 Recoils Thursday night, hope to get them this coming week. Al I can say is that I'm really pumped!

So I went and hit these today. Let's just say that I think I know a set will be finding a home with me. My goodness, they were, as James would say, silly good for me. As long as some pure distance irons and accurate as player irons, super impressed.

Once you got your swing locked in you were bombing that one. It was impressive.

I'm not sure I can say much about these that hasn't already been said, but with 4 rounds under my belt with them, they are the best golf-related purchase I've made in a long time. I haven't picked up huge distance (though I have gained a few yards), but the consistency is unreal. I've carried a few hazards/bunkers that I had no business carrying with the crappy swing I put on the ball. And though I can hit my usual draw with these, the really want to go straight for me. The fact that it's all packed into such a small, good looking head is still kind of hard for me to believe.

I I don't typically change irons very often anyway, but even if I win the lottery tomorrow, I think there's a very good chance these are still going to be in my bag in 3-4 years.

As abysmal as my swing was at times this weekend, I hit the best 7i I have maybe ever hit today. 181 to pin, off dirt, and had to clear to trees, dropped it around 175 and ended up pin high. Was just silly.

After some of my early swings this weekend were sooooo baaaaad, hell, MOST of my swings really, it was good to find that distance and height again.

That's what I am experiencing this weekend as well James. My swing has gotten away from me a bit with the irons, but the XR Pros are bailing me out big time on a lot of occasions. Not to say I'm playing target golf when I'm missing, but I'm not missing anywhere near as bad as I would be with a bladed iron.

I finally got round to ordering my set over the weekend as I was waiting for Callaway to send some additional fitting shafts for the cart.

I've gone 4 - PW, 2deg upright in a stiff XP-95 shaft. This was one I originally tried out and after testing some heavier shafts over the weekend, the XP worked wonders. My swing wasn't in a brilliant place but, as everyone else has said, my misses were not losing me too much but more importantly they were incredibly consistent. Gave me real confidence that I'll be able to play with whatever I bring on the day.

7i shots were flying high and fast and averaging around 175; a good club longer than my current - but very old - gamers. To say I'm excited is an understatement!

We've had some really good shipping times in the UK, with some orders coming in within 5 days. Fingers crossed this continues as I've got a match with the in-laws on Sunday :)

Got my first 9 with these today. I was amazed at the ball flight. A really strong flight. I'm not going to post my specific that I logged, but I did gain yardage of my previous irons.

That is good to hear Blu! I am looking forward to mine showing up

As abysmal as my swing was at times this weekend, I hit the best 7i I have maybe ever hit today. 181 to pin, off dirt, and had to clear to trees, dropped it around 175 and ended up pin high. Was just silly.

After some of my early swings this weekend were sooooo baaaaad, hell, MOST of my swings really, it was good to find that distance and height again.

That free throw you took on #18 at Stevens Park was pretty solid though!

That is good to hear Blu! I am looking forward to mine showing up
A heads up. These are not do they feel like thin little players irons. But they don't feel like hollow bodied hybrid irons. I had a few swings that I didn't think we're that great. Like I might have left them short, get up to the ball to find it 5 yards behind the pin. It was refreshing coming from the Tour Preferred irons.

Got my first 9 with these today. I was amazed at the ball flight. A really strong flight. I'm not going to post my specific that I logged, but I did gain yardage of my previous irons.

What shafts did you go with?

Regular Your V. The 120g

These were back in the bag today after gaming baby blades for the past weekend. Forgiveness, awesome distance. Enough said

Hit a 7i this past Sunday, and I'm impressed. I don't think I can trust the LM numbers where I hit it, but it warrants further investigation. I really liked how they felt. I mean really! These, along with the BB irons, are the first irons from Callaway that really have my attention.

Hit a 7i this past Sunday, and I'm impressed. I don't think I can trust the LM numbers where I hit it, but it warrants further investigation. I really liked how they felt. I mean really! These, along with the BB irons, are the first irons from Callaway that really have my attention.
Having played today with these irons, you can trust the numbers.

Must. Have. 4 thru AW. In one week's time, they will be ordered. Great feedback recently in here, it seems these just continue to impress anyone that jumps on board.

Having played today with these irons, you can trust the numbers.

I hear you.
I tried it at Scheels fwiw, The sim they had last year, which seemed pretty accurate for ball speed, was broken and they had some other setup which I've never seen (cant remember the name). Anyway, I have learned to try things several times, and in the real world, before getting too excited.

I have 5-AW in KBS Tour V stiff shafts and love these irons. I am getting great distance, 180 yd 7i, but the ball flight is very high. I don't have the time for a fitting and was wondering what Ctapers or PXi 6.0's would do for the ball flight. Anyone gaming either shaft? What is tip size on the Xr Pro's.

I have 5-AW in KBS Tour V stiff shafts and love these irons. I am getting great distance, 180 yd 7i, but the ball flight is very high. I don't have the time for a fitting and was wondering what Ctapers or PXi 6.0's would do for the ball flight. Anyone gaming either shaft? What is tip size on the Xr Pro's.

How do you know it's too high?

What shaft are you playing now? C-Tapers will launch low. Very low.

How do you know it's too high?

What shaft are you playing now? C-Tapers will launch low. Very low.
Depends on the swing and transition too though remember, by profile they're low, but ive been fit to them twice and you know I'm not a high ball hitter.

Back