Are my shafts to light? (pictures of club swing)

AmberLamps

Reaction score
Handicap
Been recording my swing and noticed some serious shaft flex with my Irons. Is this normal or are my (regular flex) shafts to light for my swing speed.

A little background, I just got into golf 2 years ago and purchased a set of Cobra Bio Cell irons in regular flex shafts.

f3ce9ab7e8a355fdf4f3b1d78fa3abb0.png
d2698cb128bb4b237ef9c33a776d599b.png

1a64c9ae42ea5f85ebd5c102fbd0f737.png
9dd36bb173a2af87f576bd389756d4f7.png

That's is a digital camera trick. Nothing more nothing less.

Ohhh sick, it seemed extreme that the shafy would flex that far forward before impact.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Shaft flex - al dente :wink:

Thabks guys. However do you think the shafts may be a tad light if my ss is mid to high 80s with irons?

Thabks guys. However do you think the shafts may be a tad light if my ss is mid to high 80s with irons?

what is your miss typically? what is your distance with your 7i? if your have your swing speed with the irons, do you have any other launch monitor data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a fader of the ball, my misses are right. 7 iton goes 170ish

Are my shafts to light? (pictures of club swing)

Shaft weight can only be determined by you. I would argue shaft weight has less to do with swing speed than flex, and that has very little. The fact you are even questioning the fact your shafts might be too light may mean your shafts are too light.
For what's it's worth, I went to 65g graphite shafts. Big mistake. The theory is lighter weight means faster swing speed for a slow swinger. Not for me. I felt like I lost all sense of where the club head was when I was swinging.

Im a fader of the ball, my misses are right. 7 iton goes 170ish

tough to say with that limited data. I am inclined to think you could bump up a flex.

like Mark UK, I seem to do better with heavier shafts although my driver speed barely reaches 100mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general, I like boardy. Go heavier.

Your transition at the top will have more bearing than swing speed. Are you fairly quick into your downswing or more methodical?

Yes I am way to fast. Working on slowing everything down.

Shaft weight can only be determined by you. I would argue shaft weight has less to do with swing speed than flex, and that has very little. The fact you are even questioning the fact your shafts might be too light may mean your shafts are too light.
For what's it's worth, I went to 65g graphite shafts. Big mistake. The theory is lighter weight means faster swing speed for a slow swinger. Not for me. I felt like I lost all sense of where the club head was when I was swinging.

I think this is where I was when using light graphite shafts as well. I couldn't feel the club at the bottom of the swing.

I think I now understand why they say steel shafts have more "feel".

Back