Alright, so what's the format. I'm all about Iowa pride, but I'm thinking more and more of ditching the state rivalry thing
~Rock

Sounds like someones afraid

Sounds like someones afraid
Of what? Iowa ain't Skeerd eh! I like Iowa vs Illinois vs Wildcard. Maybe some individual formats mixed in.

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

Iowa is stacked this year. So state rivalry remains in place. Your loss. But what will the format be?

~Rock

If Jrod and Sleuth show up you all will have a chance.... But CH may be our secret weapon....

I don't really know formats honestly. I'm used to just playing stroke play.... But maybe something like a 3-ball low total? So take the 3 lowest scores for each team on each hole and add it up? Isn't that kind of what we did last year?

If Jrod and Sleuth show up you all will have a chance.... But CH may be our secret weapon....

I don't really know formats honestly. I'm used to just playing stroke play.... But maybe something like a 3-ball low total? So take the 3 lowest scores for each team on each hole and add it up? Isn't that kind of what we did last year?
Wow so Iowa can't win without them. Geez thanks for the face slap!

Wow so Iowa can't win without them. Geez thanks for the face slap!

We could win without them, but I’m glad to have them with us. We could do low hole team scores, vegas, par buddies. We have enough people this year, we could get totally crazy and probably do a team match play thing. 2 man teams, group people together against their competitors. We could also ryder cup this thing. I mean old school ryder cup. We have 54 holes of golf Saturday and Sunday, team best ball or scramble, alt shot, singles. Lots of possibilities.

~Rock

I like the thinking

My head is spinning just reading this.....

We could win without them, but I’m glad to have them with us. We could do low hole team scores, vegas, par buddies. We have enough people this year, we could get totally crazy and probably do a team match play thing. 2 man teams, group people together against their competitors. We could also ryder cup this thing. I mean old school ryder cup. We have 54 holes of golf Saturday and Sunday, team best ball or scramble, alt shot, singles. Lots of possibilities.

~Rock

I'm getting strokes right? :angel:

I'm getting strokes right? :angel:
Lmao is it open mic day at the comedy club? You play with only your putter and I'll give you strokes.

What is the number of people per state? I'm kind of digging taking 3 scores per team per hole, but I like 2 low and 1 high, that way there is pressure to not blow up and keeps the higher handicaps in the mix. Start with numbers by state and we can go from there on teams.

What is the number of people per state? I'm kind of digging taking 3 scores per team per hole, but I like 2 low and 1 high, that way there is pressure to not blow up and keeps the higher handicaps in the mix. Start with numbers by state and we can go from there on teams.

I have that list right in front of me.

~Rock

Second your thinking. Everyone's score should count along the way.

Rock and I are working on it. First Draft is IA vs IL vs everyone else, and it looks like that should be fairly even. 3 scores per team per hole, best 2 and worst 1, with a triple max. Team with the lowest score wins the golden chickens. I think we do this the second round on Saturday so everyone will have seen the course and give more time for calculating the score. Winner announced at dinner or after the round?

Good cause we all know Craig can go birdie, quad in a heartbeat.

Second your thinking. Everyone's score should count along the way.

Rock and I are working on it. First Draft is IA vs IL vs everyone else, and it looks like that should be fairly even. 3 scores per team per hole, best 2 and worst 1, with a triple max. Team with the lowest score wins the golden chickens. I think we do this the second round on Saturday so everyone will have seen the course and give more time for calculating the score. Winner announced at dinner or after the round?

Yea, this is the format based on known attendance. I don't think we'll have to change it for any reason.

~Rock

I think we should base it on both rounds at TCI..... Not just the afternoon round.

Groups are tentatively made. Checking on attendance from a few and will modify if needed. If you haven't joined in and want to, just let us know, there is still plenty of room.

Saturday AM

Dhartmann, rogt, bulldog, msh
Craig, rambler, sleuth, rock
Sportsfreak, woody, mulligan, nighthawk
Neb, coers, jrod
Bjosh, lefty, wedge

Saturday PM

Rambler, dhartmann, sleuth
Craig, bjosh, coers, sportsfreak
Rogt, nighthawk, msh, woody
Bulldog, rock, mulligan, lefty
Jrod, wedge, neb

Sunday AM

Rock, dhartmann, rambler, neb
Nighthawk, quail, wedge, sportsfreak
Lefty, craig, mulligan, jrod
Coers, bjosh, bulldog
Woody, msh, rogt

~Rock

I'm going to ice jack the crap out of Tony Saturday AM when he tees off with a 6 iron, and I'll come up about 20 yards short.

I'm going to ice jack the crap out of Tony Saturday AM when he tees off with a 6 iron, and I'll come up about 20 yards short.

I'll stand in the middle fairway, I should be safe from you then, haha. Just kidding, I know you're a fairway hitting machine.

Guys I hate to do this, but right now I am going to have to bow out of the event unless I get a lot done between now and then. I have sold my house in Missouri and I'm supposed to close on August 14th as well as I am looking for a house in Iowa. My wife is still in Missouri alone so I only get to help get stuff done on the weekends. If something changes I will let everyone know. I had talked to Dan a little about it on the way to and from KC, but after talking to the wife I really need to be in Missouri that weekend. I hope to tee it up with everyone next time.

Understand but hate to hear Woidy

Back