M2 vs Great Big Bertha GBB

pykim01

Reaction score
Handicap
Which head would you guys prefer more? Both drivers produced very similar numbers for me and looks wise, very pleased with both. Anybody have any insight into why they'd choose one over the other?

Some background about me. 6'1" 225 lbs / SS 115 / 5 HC but lose majority of my strokes to the driver and looking for something that is low spinning when I hit it well, but forgiving when i'm hitting it poorly.

When I was fitted for my driver earlier this year I ended up with exactly the same decision to make

I went with the GBB due to the sliding weight as it meant I could move this from the heel side back towards neutral as my swing improved, which isn't an option you have with the M2

Both drivers gave me similar numbers in terms of distance but the little extra adjustability of the GBB over the M2 made sense, for me

Both are really good heads.
One one side the GBB is going to offer a bit more adjustability and fine tuning.
Both are pretty low spin. I found the GBB to be more laterally forgiving.

Both can achieve great distance. You are on top of a pretty good wall. Whichever way you fall is going to be a solid driver.

I had slightly better numbers on the M2 on a perfect hit. However, I found the GBB to be quite a bit more forgiving, and still gave good numbers on miss hits.

The GBB is probably the most forgiving driver there is. I ended up with it even thou i haven't been fond of callaway drivers for a few years. Now its my favorite driver. I seriously added at least 10 yards over my ping driver.

awesome! thanks guys, i was leaning towards the GBB for the same reasons mentioned above but wasn't sure if there was more info out there i was missing.

awesome! thanks guys, i was leaning towards the GBB for the same reasons mentioned above but wasn't sure if there was more info out there i was missing.

I picked up the gbb this year and absolutely love everything from the sound and feel to the performance

As JB pointed out, no bad choices there....

Do you have a shaft that you prefer? I'd be tempted to pick based on the shaft as much as the actual head. :D

I'm coming from the original diamana whiteboard 83, but was fitted into the diamana d+ 70 which I was told are similar shafts.

Back