Could You Hit a Par 3 Left Handed (or RH for Lefties)?

Nope, not even close. I used to be able to swing a club left handed but I also lived on the lesson tee and had time to kill between students.

I'm still trying to hit one right handed :act-up:

I'll give it a shot when our season starts in upstate NY. My normal playing partner (FIL) is a lefty, so I'll give it a go on a 100-140 yd par 3. I most likely will take more club and do like a half swing for better contact. I don't think I could muster up a full swing going lefty.

So Dan, do you shoot right or left in hockey? I don't know if I could because I've never tried but now I'll be trying this next time I get a round in with Aaron or Allan (buckbug).

All righty, all the time haha! Oye.

....can I record your efforts for the masses to laugh at?
Indeed. Then when I pull off the miracle shot we have it on video.

My lefty buddy had a new Adams hybrid last weekend when we played on the simulator. Someone had a ball tee'd up already so I took a swipe. Put a good swing on it but the went right under it. The ball dropped without moving an inch. Drilled the tee into the screen though...

If I did it would be complete luck. I've seen myself try to throw a baseball left handed...not pretty. No way something like swinging a golf club to get anywhere near square through impact could happen. Then again, I can play lacrosse perfectly fine both ways, but I've got a little more practice with that.

All righty, all the time haha! Oye.

Me too, but always wondered if all those right-handers that shoot left in hockey could golf left-handed. Most swing a bat right-handed too. How a righty ends up shooting left in hockey has always baffled me and I actually think there are more hockey players that shoot left-handed. Sorry, got a little off topic :)

I can barely do it right handed let alone left handed. That wouldn't stop me from giving it a shot though

Me too, but always wondered if all those right-handers that shoot left in hockey could golf left-handed. Most swing a bat right-handed too. How a righty ends up shooting left in hockey has always baffled me and I actually think there are more hockey players that shoot left-handed. Sorry, got a little off topic :)

hah, my dad makes the claim that he's capable because he plays hockey LH. If I actually get a club this year to work on it, he'll have to prove his Lefty worth.

Would be willing to try and would subject myself to video evidence. Odds are there is no chance I would hit the green but I think I could make halfway decent contact. Golf is the ONLY thing I can do right handed and even that is debatable at times. Never have even tried hitting balls LH tough.

Blame Canada. They do that in lacrosse too. I've heard it's taught to put your dominant hand at the bottom of your stick because it gives you the most control. Between that and growing up on box lacrosse, that's why they all have insane stick control.

Edit: I'll let canadan confirm that or not. But that's what I've always been told. Heard it from a few Canadians too.

Now I'm totally going to borrow one of my regular playing partners lefty clubs for this. He games SGI, so I think I could pull it off. :bananadance:

~Rock

No way in hell hahaha. It would inevitably lead to hilarity if I tried.

I was a switch hitter in baseball, but I cannot swing a golf club left handed at all for some reason. Given time to practice, I think I could work myself into hitting up to a 9-iron well enough to give it a chance. But that puts me at 100y max. Anything over that, no way.

No chance. I cab swing a baseball bat left handed, but cannot do anything that resembles a golf swing left handed.

No. Every time I have swung my buddies lefty club on the range I felt like I was going to break my wrists.

Blame Canada. They do that in lacrosse too. I've heard it's taught to put your dominant hand at the bottom of your stick because it gives you the most control. Between that and growing up on box lacrosse, that's why they all have insane stick control.

Edit: I'll let canadan confirm that or not. But that's what I've always been told. Heard it from a few Canadians too.
I've heard it's because most goalies are right handed and it is easier for a left handed shot to go stick side.

I would try this as a jr golfer and no not a chance I can't get the ball 10 feet off the ground or remotely close to straight.

I am OK with flipping a wedge toe down and chipping left handed at a ball behind a tree to get it out of trouble but no way on a full swing.

I'm lucky to make contact RH. it feels so weird standing on that side of the ball.

I've heard it's because most goalies are right handed and it is easier for a left handed shot to go stick side.

Oh that could be too. It really throws me off when there is a left handed goalie playing though.

I can barely chip LH. It would take some extreme luck to hit a green +100 yards from the other side.

I'm not sure I'd even make contact with the ball. Right handed is hard enough.

Not even close. I've tried a wedge wrong handed and it was ugly.

Back