Nike Vapor Speed Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Incredible review JMan. Really enjoyed reading this.

Great write up James. I like the tech behind it a lot and had no idea that the Sky Beams had an actual function other than aesthetics. I truly don't like the color though, that's the one thing I can't get past.

Top notch review thanks. I don't mind the volt at all, but I can definitely see that others would.. Sounds like plenty of people should hit this club

Great review. Enjoy the details and explanation of the tech. I agree the wrap is not great and hopefully they change the grip in the next release.

Once again a comprehensive review packed with a ton of information.

This new lineup from Nike has me intrigued and I love the technical design that has been put into this one.

James, in terms of spin numbers, did you see a drastic jump from the other Nike drivers or even the competitors?

Nice review here James, like what I'm reading and interested in trying this one.

I think it looks really good at address and it sounds like performance wise it covers a large spectrum of golfers at a reasonable price point.

Great review James. This is one good looking driver.

I sound like a broken record, but once again great writeup JMan. I liked the looks of the original Covert, it gave me some OK numbers but nothing spectacular but it sounds like the tech has really improved with the Vapor Speed.

Well done James...finally took some swings with these the other day and not too bad. One thing that stood out to me right off the rack was the grip. I used to play those and can't for the life of me remember why now. The mind immediately went into questioning this choice. Love the looks of the club overall though. Didn't make it to the top of the list for me but like the improvements.

I am on the fence with this one, but that is down to the fact that I wasn't a huge fan of the Covert. If this is a big improvement then I may be missing out, but preconceived notions can sometimes be hard to ignore

The vapor lineup may be what puts Nike back in my bag. Great review James and thanks for all the info. Hopefully we see a review on the pro and flex versions as well

one of the better reviews i've ever read. fantastic stuff.

i'm a big traditionalist when it comes to what i want in equipment aesthetics, but man this vapor line calls to me. i love that it's loud in the bag, but at address looks very traditional. and kudos to nike for keeping the sleeve backwards compatible.

Well done James

Well done James. Special hat tip on those in hand photos. They really highlighted how good looking that club is. Still hate how they do the silver face instead of black but thats neither here nor there. The Vapor Pro and me didnt get along well so would love to give this a go.

Once again a comprehensive review packed with a ton of information.

This new lineup from Nike has me intrigued and I love the technical design that has been put into this one.

James, in terms of spin numbers, did you see a drastic jump from the other Nike drivers or even the competitors?
This one sits about 700 rpm higher for me than the Pro does, its comparable to what I'm seeing with the 815, both the 815 and j815 actually.

Thanks for the comments all, there's no doubt you either love or hate the volt, but its a much needed. I've from the Tiger red IMO.

Good Job!

Thanks all.

Great review James. Haven't been able to swing one yet, but am hoping to once the weather turns.

Nice review Jman!!!
I was in the market for a new driver and narrowed it down to this and the G30. Decided on the Vapor Speed as the feel and sound were amazing and im seeing 25yds more carry than my old R11 with a tighter dispersion. Even miss hits on the toe wern't to bad.
Now I just need the snow to melt to be able to get it out on the course.

Awesome write up James! I might need to give this one some swings.

Nice review Jman!!!
I was in the market for a new driver and narrowed it down to this and the G30. Decided on the Vapor Speed as the feel and sound were amazing and im seeing 25yds more carry than my old R11 with a tighter dispersion. Even miss hits on the toe wern't to bad.
Now I just need the snow to melt to be able to get it out on the course.

They really did FINALLY get the sound right with the Vapor driver lineup this year, its about time Nike.

Good stuff man, I hit this club the other day and I am in love with it. The sound is a huge upgrade from years past(as you said in your review) and I really love the feel of the ball off the club- it's a feeling I haven't been able to find since hitting the 910 from titleist.

Had some fun with this one yesterday while putting the J815 to its paces, also had the 815 Alpha and Vapor Pro in the bag.

Honestly, this, the 815 and the J815 perform scary similarly for me. Longest drives of the day actually came with this one and the Diamana S+ in it. But, that was carry only, no roll thanks to the SOGGY conditions.

The battle for the bag is getting interesting.

James,

You are killing my brain. I have to go hit this lineup now after your thoughts. I've always had a soft side for Nike and am one of the few who grew up loving their clubs. I was all Nike for a long time. I love my current gamer and will never get rid of it but if I can get similar performance from this lineup, I'll be rocking Volt! I LOVE the color personally.

That is all.

Back