What Pro would you pick to rep your gear?

OITW

Reaction score
You're in charge of an OEM, can be any company of your choosing.

You can pick any one Tour Pro, from any of the tours PGA, LPGA, Champions Tour etc. to be your "staffer".

Which player do you pick and why? (And what OEM are you and what product are you selling)

For me, I would pick Tony Finau for Cobra/Puma Golf.

They make great underrated metalwoods he's looking for a new OEM, they can pair him with the Puma side for fashion and shoes and he is 3rd in Driving distance for the year on the PGA. I think he would be a great "young gun" ambassador and compliment to Rickie.

From a financial standpoint, even though he's not playing, and might not ever play (or at least be of much relevance), Tiger Woods.

He has the chance to make my company (Callaway) more money than anyone else. Chance is the key word here. Could be a swing and a miss, but you gotta go big or go home.

I'm with Smalls, Tiger Woods is my first choice. Because, regardless, he is still Tiger Woods.

After that, I go with Phil, because, he is freaking Phil.

A solid 3rd choice would be Tom Watson, because he's a freaking awesome person and would love to have him as a brand representative.

You're in charge of an OEM, can be any company of your choosing.

You can pick any one Tour Pro, from any of the tours PGA, LPGA, Champions Tour etc. to be your "staffer".

Which player do you pick and why? (And what OEM are you and what product are you selling

For me, I would pick Tony Finau for Cobra/Puma Golf.

They make great underrated metalwoods he's looking for a new OEM, they can pair him with the Puma side for fashion and shoes and he is 3rd in Driving distance for the year on the PGA. I think he would be a great "young gun" ambassador and compliment to Rickie.

in the last 20 years which one player has been responsibile the most combined sales and carrying a brand which includes shoes , clothes and hard goods { ie : clubs ,balls accessories } and so on .. and everyone knows the name Tiger Woods .. right there

I'm with Smalls, Tiger Woods is my first choice. Because, regardless, he is still Tiger Woods.

After that, I go with Phil, because, he is freaking Phil.

A solid 3rd choice would be Tom Watson, because he's a freaking awesome person and would love to have him as a brand representative.

THIS^^^ beags got it right.

I'd go with Tiger Woods because he's the GOAT. 2nd choice would be Jordan Speith followed with Phil

I'd have to know the markets & do research but I think it'd have to be matsuyama. He's young, talented, and I remember Yao Ming making more $ than other top 5 players or something stupid because of his China products

Jason Day. Everything about his persona screams friendly and likeable, he is obviously family oriented and the guy has absolutely mad game.

I'm Under Armour and im doing everything to keep Spieth but will add Rory Mcilroy. Top golfer fits into a different advertising segment than Spieth where I can advertise the athletic/physical training aspect and it allows him to work out whatever club deals he wants than will make him comfortable on the course

Jason Day. Everything about his persona screams friendly and likeable, he is obviously family oriented and the guy has absolutely mad game.

What OEM? Stick with TM?

I'm Under Armour and im doing everything to keep Spieth but will add Rory Mcilroy. Top golfer fits into a different advertising segment than Spieth where I can advertise the athletic/physical training aspect and it allows him to work out whatever club deals he wants than will make him comfortable on the course

You move a lot of apparel with those two.

You move a lot of apparel with those two.

thats my plan. Keep Spoeth in the same style he has now and then appeal to the flashier crowd and more athletic with some of the more form fitting shirts and different styles to separate the two players from each other and show the versatility of the brand.

Tiger Woods. End of story. No one draws like he does and the first tournament he plays in the states next year will have crowds the size of major events

Agree with everyone about Tiger, he still has the draw, but you just don't know if he has it anymore. Being that I'm responsible for this decision I think Jason Day would be my pick. Family guy, seems to be genuine and likeable in every way, plus he has serious game. It may be a safe pick but sometimes a big risk isn't the smartest business decision.

Justin Rose!

Fowler, he appeals to the younger generation, yet i still see adults wearing his clothes & playing his clubs, he is all over social media. As for the OEM stick with what he he plays & wears, Cobra & Puma

Tiger needs to play for the effect to be felt imho. I would go with Rory McIlroy... once he gets his head in the right place his golf game will come around, which means Major victories.

OEM - I think Callaway would be ideal. The torch could be passed from Phil to Rory in a couple of years but in the meantime that would make for a ridiculous 1-2 punch.

Tiger Woods. Well, because he is TW.

Outside of him, I would probably go Spieth.

I'd pick Jim Furyk because I like older players who are still at the top of their game

I always think it's the long guys who sell equipment, especially long guys who win. The two big needle movers right now are Day and DJ.

So if I am focusing on the US market it's DJ, if it's elsewhere I'm rolling with Day. If I could buy out his other sponsors I'd consider Spieth also.

Right now I would probably choose Gerina Piller. She is hitting her stride, is near the top of the leader board nearly every week and on TV, she is making TV commercials representing other sponsors, she can be Americas new LPGA star. She has a great game, seems personable, family oriented, etc. What's not to like?

Charles Barkley. If it can help his game, heck, it can help anyone.

Back