The problem with me is that my arms are a little longer in proportion to my body, so if I fit based on the distance from the floor to my knuckles (like SeeMore does it) then it gives me too short of a putter. I have tried 33" and 34" putters and they seem to throw off my shoulders/back. Maybe I'm just built weird.

I'm 6'2" however most of it is from the waist up and I also have long arms. You would think I needed a shorter putter due to the long arms but it just doesn't feel right. With the 36 length I stand more upright and put more of a smooth move with my stroke. I feel like bending over too much with the shorter putters and end up with a jerky type motion. My other putter is a 35 inch and I can deal with that but nothing shorter for me.

I'm 6'5", and have used everything between 34" to 36", and never been properly fit by a professional. I think at least for me, the perfect length might be 35.5", which is what I'm currently using. I hate choking down on the club.

I've rolled everything from 32" to 35" and found my sweet spot, by accident really, at 33.5" and 69 degrees (1 flat). I think 2015 will be the year I finally​ go through a proper putter fitting.

I'm 6'2" however most of it is from the waist up and I also have long arms. You would think I needed a shorter putter due to the long arms but it just doesn't feel right. With the 36 length I stand more upright and put more of a smooth move with my stroke. I feel like bending over too much with the shorter putters and end up with a jerky type motion. My other putter is a 35 inch and I can deal with that but nothing shorter for me.

Spot on. I just had my SeeMore sent back to be counter balanced, so hopefully that helps me out. I need some heft in my putters haha

Spot on. I just had my SeeMore sent back to be counter balanced, so hopefully that helps me out. I need some heft in my putters haha

A little junk in the trunk never hurt brother :thumb:

Mine is 33 inches. I wasn't fit for it but played around with an adjustable Ping fitting putter and found out what was most comfortable for me. Completely changed my game on the greens.

I use a 34" putters and usually choke up to 32-33.

never been fitted, but use a 35..... however, sometimes at the PGA SS i putt with a 34 and seem to roll it well

36.75" fit at SeeMore HQ. Was playing 34 before that and it made a world of difference

I was fit for a 34" putter. FYI I am only 5'6".

Fitted based on how I see the putts line into a 35" putter.

Originally a 35".
After a PING and SeeMore putter fitting, I am now a 34" with 1* flat and loft of 2-2.5 degrees.
Never would I have come up with that on my own.

Closest legitimate fitter (not a retail store) is 150 miles away. Damn!
Maybe we need to make a road trip? The indoor place says they do fittings but I'm not sure what that would entail over there.

Maybe we need to make a road trip? The indoor place says they do fittings but I'm not sure what that would entail over there.
Worth a shot perhaps. Could make for a fun day trip!

Never been fitted but a 35" putter fits me better than any other length. Used a 34" before but when I went to the 35", my putting improved and it just felt better.

33.5" here. Never been fit for that length, but that is just what feels right.

35" for me to get a nice, free hanging pendulum motion to work best. Being tall has its pro's and cons. Good off the tee but a poor putter in general. Lag is decent it's just judging fault lines, grain and break points for me.

37". I used my iPing app and attachment to see what it recommended based on my height, stance, etc.

My instructor fitted me to putter length when I was taking lessons and told me I should play 32.5". Since my putter is 34", I just choke down on it. I wanted to cut it down but the club builder at his club said it would alter the weight too much (I took it from 35" to 34"). He also wanted me to stand a certain distance from the putter when I set up to it (I think it was 1.5 putter heads).

To answer your second question, I think that a person selecting their own putter should go by feel... if it feels right and they roll it, then it should be good... if the person is getting a fitting done, then by all means their wrist to floor measurement, height, arm length, and whatever else is taken into account should be used.

Are you saying the Golf Lab? That could be a fun little weekend activity if the weather is crap. Let me know if you ever want to do that.

I've been rolling a 37" at home all last night.

I like it. A lot.

Its a posture fixer.

To answer your second question, I think that a person selecting their own putter should go by feel... if it feels right and they roll it, then it should be good... if the person is getting a fitting done, then by all means their wrist to floor measurement, height, arm length, and whatever else is taken into account should be used.

I have the most "Feel" with my 36 inch length so until I feel it's appropriate to spend extra money on a good fitting (SeeMore), I will go with what's in the bag. I picked up the putter that I had altered back to 36 yesterday and it felt so good in the store.. Can't wait to get it back on the course.

Mine is 35" but is a counter balance putter. So I choke up 2-3 inches and its like playing a much shorter putter. Before I switched I was using a 33" SeeMore FGP.

I was not fit for it and did not have any idea I would like the putter I did. Its been fantastic for my game.

I'm 6'3 with a 33" putter. Not fitted, but I wanted a shorter length so that I could get my eyes closer to being over the ball.

Back