Your Biggest Front to Back Score Swing?

Reframmellator

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I played like Day today.

Unfortunately, I played like Doris Day (age 92) on the front, carding a 60, and an intestinal flu-ridden Jason Day on the back, shooting a 46 with a blow up 9 on the Par 5 18th. For holes 9-17 I was 7 over. I realized my grip had gone seriously wrong around the eighth hole and things got better pretty quickly.

So that's a 14 shot swing between front and back, besting my previous 11 shot swing (50-39).

I seldom see that much difference, but I wondered how much of a swing this group has seen, front nine to back nine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Its's good to know someone else has seen a swing that big. Fortunately for us, they went in a good way.

34 and 53 is the biggest I have had and it came in the last 12 months. Besting my previous by a stroke or two.

34 and 53 is the biggest I have had and it came in the last 12 months. Besting my previous by a stroke or two.

Wow. That's big!

I am usually pretty consistent. Within 5 or 6 strokes. But I had an 8 over on the front and a PB 1 under on the back.

45 front nine, 34 back nine. Birdied 4 of the last 6 holes out of nowhere.

50/37 I think it was to break 90 for the first time.

34 (2 under) front to 45 back.... No idea what happened on the front nine... One of those magical times in the zone for about 2 hours .... The guy I was playing with (a good friend who has a 2 handicap and was giving me 5 a side) was laughing at some of the shots I was making. Then Reality set in on the back and I played to my handicap. It was fun while it lasted..

57/41 last month. What a weird round.

Yea I had a 45/34 round which really confused me!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

53 front. 38 back.

I think 11 strokes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

41 / 55

Pro-Tip.
Don't discuss how well you're doing on a TPC course at the turn.

I've been low 30's and low 50's many times.

I once went 47/64.

Glad to see there are some good golfers who exceeded my 9 hole difference.

I played in a club championship long ago where I shot 48 on the front( I had a 13 on the par 4 3rd) and 35 on the back.

52/44. Nothing weird, it just took me forever to get warmed up.

In my first round with THPers, I shot 35 on the front...

and a 50 on the back. ?

Happened a couple weeks ago. 52/34. Gotta love my consistency these days.

Just 3 weeks ago I went 55/44

I'm not sure if it was my worst ever, but the one that I can remember is this past weekend with the DMV crew at Raspberry Falls. Shot a 40 on the front, 52 on the back. It was really holes 10, 11, and 12 that did me in. I think I lost 4 balls during that stretch. Just lost control of my driver.

Back