Cobra Fly-Z+ Forged Irons

It only makes sense.

Plus, IMO, all sets today should come with or offer a set GW, they're tremendous.
I agree I've never had a set one I didn't like that's for sure. And pretty much ignore my non set one taking up a spot in my bag currently

Just dropped off the irons to get bent 2* flat. Hopefully I have them by Sunday so I can take them out

Was thinking about and talked about these with six4three5 today while discussing good club options...I am a fan of these ano may get overlooked by many

Was thinking about and talked about these with six4three5 today while discussing good club options...I am a fan of these ano may get overlooked by many

With their yearly cycle release its easy to see why a set would get overlooked. But these are a huge step up from the Bio Cell + irons imo and it's just a matter of getting a club in people's hands to help get this set noticed

I honestly don't consider these a Bio+ replacement personally. They are 100% Amp Forged follow ups from aesthetics to materials....which is a good thing IMO. Those were the best irons they have released to date, one could probably put the S3 Pro's in that argument somewhere too though.

With their yearly cycle release its easy to see why a set would get overlooked. But these are a huge step up from the Bio Cell + irons imo and it's just a matter of getting a club in people's hands to help get this set noticed

Jimmy and I both stated the BioCell in the pros/+ weren't as good as the amp cell pro and that these are an improvement over the bio cells. The yearly cycle does make it hard sometimes and agree it just takes getting these clubs in the hands of people. You, me and a few others were that way at LIITA.

I honestly don't consider these a Bio+ replacement personally. They are 100% Amp Forged follow ups from aesthetics to materials....which is a good thing IMO. Those were the best irons they have released to date, one could probably put the S3 Pro's in that argument somewhere too though.

lol it had been forever since I've seen a picture of the Amp Forged haha and I agree completely. And it's a good thing

Jimmy and I both stated the BioCell in the pros/+ weren't as good as the amp cell pro and that these are an improvement over the bio cells. The yearly cycle does make it hard sometimes and agree it just takes getting these clubs in the hands of people. You, me and a few others were that way at LIITA.

And Yagley openly admitted that a yearly cycle is not necessarily a good thing but they are handcuffed by the rest of the industry. But if they keep putting out a solid line like this years they will be in good shape

Remember though, the Bio+ were not a replacement for the ACP's either, those stayed in the line last year as a 2 year club only to be re-done with the Fly-Z Pro's this year.

And Yagley openly admitted that a yearly cycle is not necessarily a good thing but they are handcuffed by the rest of the industry. But if they keep putting out a solid line like this years they will be in good shape

I remember that...it was one of the hardball questions you threw his way and he was unrest with the answer. The fly z line up solid and I hope they continue down this path.

Has anyone used the set GW? Not sure if I should pick one up or go with either the Vokey or Trusty Rusty

Set GW? ?

Set Fly-z+ GW? ???

Set GW? ?

Set Fly-z+ GW? ???

Ya I'm gonna go that route. I have some store credit through Golf Galaxy so I'm probably going to order one through them if possible

Ya I'm gonna go that route. I have some store credit through Golf Galaxy so I'm probably going to order one through them if possible

Like some others have said before, that's about the only downfall of the Bridgestone line. No set GW. I already had a 50* anyway so it's fine, but I miss the GW I had with the mizunos I had before

S3 Pro's were great.

I think the lineage is S2 Forged, Amp Forged now Fly Z+. Cobra has be killing it in this market for years and this is set I would love to try out sometime.

So I'm in the market for new irons. Got to do a few fittings for the first time. Was fit into Nike Pro Combos, but doubt my wife will allow me to buy top price irons (though I only need 7-GW). Also got fit yesterday by Ping. Fit into i25s, which is nice bc they're less expensive atm. Unfortunately I missed the Cobra fitting. Was really looking forward to trying these, and have seen them for a lower price as well. I hit my 7i 170, but I'm a very low spin player so could use a higher flight and/or higher spinning iron. I've got an ugly swing, but both monitors (gc2 Ping and flightscope with nike) say I put almost no sidespin on my irons with a 164-166 carry. But only about 4000 backspin too.

Long story short, has anybody hit all 3 of those sets for comparison or have additional feedback? I've read the entire thread already.

Only the second time out on the course with these but swing by swing I'm building more confidence. From about the 7i and up I'm about a half club to a full club shorter than my previous irons but that's to be expected. Twice I was screwed by not having a gap wedge so that immediately jumps to the top of the ponder list. I still stand by my statement that these may be the best feeling irons I've ever hit. I'm usually a poor GIR player but today I was 9/18 and that's a big improvement for me. And four of my misses hit the green but we're too long and rolled off the back. I so want this set GW and will be getting one soon

9/18 is pretty solid. The irons feel great and sound like they are going to fit your game.

9/18 is pretty solid. The irons feel great and sound like they are going to fit your game.

Ya it's probably double my normal number. Granted I was driving the ball well today and had a number of good looks at the green. But these irons sort of start on a line and hang on better for me

Ya it's probably double my normal number. Granted I was driving the ball well today and had a number of good looks at the green. But these irons sort of start on a line and hang on better for me

that's good to hear. Sounds like the driver is treating you good.

absolutely loved hitting these irons today in a test and will be looking to pick up a set. I appreciate reading all the reviews from you all.

Saw a set of these on the Bay with Recoils, as I was looking for a cheaper way to acquire a set with Recoils, but I've never hit them. Was fit into Mizuno JPX 850 Forged with Recoils, how do folks feel these compare? The lofts look a touch weaker, but otherwise the specs and design seem pretty similar.

These clubs are great looking in person and feel great. One of there best looking irons in my opinion. They remind me of slightly bigger AP2

Saw a set of these on the Bay with Recoils, as I was looking for a cheaper way to acquire a set with Recoils, but I've never hit them. Was fit into Mizuno JPX 850 Forged with Recoils, how do folks feel these compare? The lofts look a touch weaker, but otherwise the specs and design seem pretty similar.

Ive hit both. Its going to be a tough call. but either way I'm sure you will not be disappointed, these are great. Sone people complained of the badging falling off but I have a buddy who loves them and has been gamin them since came out and has had no bade issues.

These clubs are great looking in person and feel great. One of there best looking irons in my opinion. They remind me of slightly bigger AP2

Some say they cried the AP2 style. I personally like these over the AP2

Ive hit both. Its going to be a tough call. but either way I'm sure you will not be disappointed, these are great. Sone people complained of the badging falling off but I have a buddy who loves them and has been gamin them since came out and has had no bade issues.

Thanks for the response man. Are they very similar, or did one stand out as being more forgiving/longer/better feel/etc.?

Thanks for the response man. Are they very similar, or did one stand out as being more forgiving/longer/better feel/etc.?

To be honest it's been a while since I've hit both. Have you hit the 850 forged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back