Bridgestone J15 Driving Forged Irons

Welcome to THP!

I have the DFs and will be able to report back after this weekend when I put these head to head with the CB. As a former blade player, these are as close as I have seen without being blades. The added width of the sole makes them easy to elivate. BUt I will be sure to update the thread after my round on Friday.

Thanks for the quick reply! You would expect that the CB would be the next step down from a straight blade, but I'm convinced that the DF looks exactly like a blade iron from address. I've hit them in a simulator, and they are sweet. I'm just wondering why the CB is considered the step down from the blade, when the DF looks more like a blade than the CB. Looking forward to your comments!

I have been hitting these off my Optishot today. Difficult to get any distance feedback etc, but I do love the feel. Looking to get out to the driving range with these soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to add when I was at the golf dome on Sunday with a buddy, who bought my old Cobra ACP's off of me, that size wise they are very comparable, maybe a slight edge to the DF's. The forgiveness however is far greater on the DF's vs ACPs though.

I forgot to add when I was at the golf dome on Sunday with a buddy, who bought my old Cobra ACP's off of me, that size wise they are very comparable, maybe a slight edge to the DF's. The forgiveness however is far greater on the DF's vs ACPs though.

This is awesome to hear. How did the distances compare?

This is awesome to hear. How did the distances compare?

I only hit the DFs in a dome but I can tell you from where the ball was struck on the face that the DF's reacted way better staying closer to launching the same and being online than the ACPs

Thanks for the quick reply! You would expect that the CB would be the next step down from a straight blade, but I'm convinced that the DF looks exactly like a blade iron from address. I've hit them in a simulator, and they are sweet. I'm just wondering why the CB is considered the step down from the blade, when the DF looks more like a blade than the CB. Looking forward to your comments!
I don't know if there is a natural progression from blades to CB. Or even blades to Driving forged. Bridgestone definitely set the tone with the MB. if I was asked to place a club next in line I'd have a hard time. Based on size and design I'd have to place the DFs then the CB and then the DPF. I'm excited to put the CBs against the DFs

Ended up getting a deal on a set from a buddy of mine. I should have them later this week and will probably put Recoil 110s in. Really excited about these! Still going to hang on to the MP15s because I'll probably fall in love with them again too. Such a club ho am I.

My order is being placed Friday. It's already sent in and ready to go with the pro I'm ordering thru. I'm so excited. Posted it in what golf stuff did you today thread buy thread.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger yesterday. Dan's told me that they were backordered for 30 days! That means 30 days of miserable anticipation!

I went ahead and pulled the trigger yesterday. Dan's told me that they were backordered for 30 days! That means 30 days of miserable anticipation!

For my sake, I hope you are wrong! I may go nuts if I have to wait that long for my order to arrive.

For my sake, I hope you are wrong! I may go nuts if I have to wait that long for my order to arrive.

My CB order also got pushed back again. At this point unsure what I am going to do as it is the third time it was pushed back. I ordered at the beginning of February and the new ship date is March 16. Even with the #THPLegacy coming up I was still hoping to get this set for spring golf. The shop I use does have a set of the DF's so I am considering swapping my order around a bit. I did get my wedges though and they look and feel fantastic.

My CB order also got pushed back again. At this point unsure what I am going to do as it is the third time it was pushed back. I ordered at the beginning of February and the new ship date is March 16. Even with the #THPLegacy coming up I was still hoping to get this set for spring golf. The shop I use does have a set of the DF's so I am considering swapping my order around a bit. I did get my wedges though and they look and feel fantastic.

Man, that port strike is wreaking havoc on a lot of businesses. Srixon pushed back their Z-Star release because of delays and I'm guessing Bridgestone is also dealing with the same issue.

My order is in! What surprised me was the pro told me that the Bridgestone rep said they'd be here in 7-10 business days! Holy crap! I hope it's that fast. Oh and the did do midsize for me.

Plus I get a free lie fitting once they here. I got an awesome deal!!!!!

Hit these again yesterday at the ball fitting and the were just as nice as I remembered, sweet sticks. I also hit the DF Dual pocket and really liked that one also.

I'm anxious to get these in hand. The time frame the pro told me is unbelievable. Still can't get here soon enough.

Oh man i cant wait till these are available to try here in NZ. Apparently in march but not sure when or how much. Im looking at selling my current and older ci11 set and pick up a set of these DF's.

JM, you need to game these beauties!!

Looking forward to mine showing up with this afternoon. I did manage to pick up a sprained left wrist while skating with my daughter Saturday....so I'm sure how much I'm going to do with them tonight. I'll probably reshaft them, and let the awesomeness begin tomorrow.

I'm anxious to get these in hand. The time frame the pro told me is unbelievable. Still can't get here soon enough.

So when did you actually order? All in all, did it take 30 days for them to be delivered?

So when did you actually order? All in all, did it take 30 days for them to be delivered?

My order was put in this past Friday. I still haven't gotten them yet. I was told 7-10 business days. So, we will see.

My order was put in this past Friday. I still haven't gotten them yet. I was told 7-10 business days. So, we will see.

Once I called again my order got moved up to a ship date of tomorrow so seems like they may be getting things sorted out. Very excited to get the new line in the bag

Once I called again my order got moved up to a ship date of tomorrow so seems like they may be getting things sorted out. Very excited to get the new line in the bag

Awesome!! So mine could be here in the time frame I was given. I'm a very impatient person!

Awesome!! So mine could be here in the time frame I was given. I'm a very impatient person!

Me too! There might be hope for me then. I was quoted 30 days, but looks like you guys are seeing significantly sooner! Getting excited!

Going to hit these in the LM tonight against my MP15s and 850f. Really curious to see what the numbers are like. Here are some photo comparisons

971f2356-95db-4bce-bd63-bde78eba5a12.jpg

6fc63374-91f0-4b8a-acb4-0f953565dea9.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Back