Status
Not open for further replies.
3f42bb7e38f504b38d20f091409b3953.jpg

0f381858f2a7b84a4b09ce0b7ad9636d.jpg

Booked our trip to Vegas for the end of October!

The 2015 THP Events Calendar.
My lord Im happy about that.

As you should be. Pretty freaking wild when you look at it all.

My HHJJ is I'm caught up. Whew.

As you should be. Pretty freaking wild when you look at it all.

My HHJJ is I'm caught up. Whew.

When we went back to Sarasota National last year and pulled up in the Tour Van...To sit back even for a second and look at the calendar now, the events that are going to be taking place and ponder.

Makes all that seem like it was a really, really long time ago.

I'm in charge of setting up a charity car show for September here at work. I talked to a local car dealer that said their group of dealerships could give me $400. :alien2: I hope it pans out. That is BIG money for the low budget ($0) group that I'm working with. Should cover all of our expenses and now just need to find door prize gifts. This will be the second year we are doing a car show. Last years turned out well and we got a lot of positive feedback from the people that attended and brought a car.

If you're in the Columbus area in September stop by and see all the cars we're hoping to have.

Makes all that seem like it was a really, really long time ago.

It really does. Onward and upward I guess is the saying. To think that we now have 17 events, each with major company tie in and some things being done that were never even contemplated 7 years ago.

Just 2 minutes before I started my 2:00 consultation, a member of HR came up to me to tell me, I had just won a random drawing for every employee that submitted a referral last year that resulted in the person getting interviewed. The bonus is a very nice amount well into four figures.

I don't know how I was able to concentrate on the call, but I managed to pull it off. I resisted the urge to pull up the Bridgestone, Wilson and Srixon's websites while on the call :)

Thanks, no, still with current employer. They recently opened a Research and Innovation Center in/around the Stanford Research Park and are looking to relocate 3-5 employees from Michigan, then they're looking to hire 3-5 locals from Palo Alto.
As others have noted, housing is a real challenge. If it gets to the point where they make an offer you could ask for a housing stipend over and above your salary. It isn't unusual at all for people relocating to this area to do so - employers are accustomed to doing extra things to land talent.

Over and above housing, be aware that different parts of the Bay Area have little micro-cultures and climates. Palo Alto weather will be great (note: that isn't true in SF proper - summers are cold). PA runs a little penny loafer and white wine-ish for my blue collar roots, but to each their own.

Don't forget this big factor: Year. Round. Golf.

Just 2 minutes before I started my 2:00 consultation, a member of HR came up to me to tell me, I had just won a random drawing for every employee that submitted a referral last year that resulted in the person getting interviewed. The bonus is a very nice amount well into four figures.

I don't know how I was able to concentrate on the call, but I managed to pull it off. I resisted the urge to pull up the Bridgestone, Wilson and Srixon's websites while on the call :)
Congrats buddy! Well done

congrats man. bonus is nice. i have already started spending my bonus and it hasn't shown up in the account yet.

Congrats buddy! Well done

congrats man. bonus is nice. i have already started spending my bonus and it hasn't shown up in the account yet.
Thanks guys...and definitely a round of beers will be on me when the locals do get together.

and Eric, I know what you mean. She told me it might be up to two weeks before it's put into my account. I told her that's fine, it gives me that much longer to enjoy it before the temptation sinks in...ha

21" of snow in 2 days, clean lines on every run, and six cliff drops without scraping a single rock. Life is good! I cannot possibly explain how happy I am! The wait was sooooi worth it

Just had a meeting with Sarasota Magazine, got awarded Best Bike Shop for Sarasota/Manatee County. That's 2 for 2 so far out of the 3 major publications down here. One more to go, and should find out in a few weeks.

Always nice to have hard work acknowledged.

Had an informal meeting with a hiring manager for a potential new job opportunity in Palo Alto this morning. I honestly think the discussion went rather well and I hope to hear back from him in the coming days.

Question-
1) Do I send a thank you email to him today, tomorrow, the next day, next week, etc.?
2) Do I shoot his supervisor (who I play golf with) an email just informing him of our meeting...in hopes of them conversing about me? It's not what you know, but who you know! Right?
3) Is moving to Palo Alto a good or bad choice coming from SE Michigan? I've done some initial browsing and it looks like the cheapest apartment in the area is roughly 3k/month for ~700 sq.ft. And a entry-level house is about ONE POINT FIVE million dollars!
:deadhorse::angry::banghead::shock:

You're not going to live in Palo Alto. You are going to need to plan on commuting into the city.

Just had a meeting with Sarasota Magazine, got awarded Best Bike Shop for Sarasota/Manatee County. That's 2 for 2 so far out of the 3 major publications down here. One more to go, and should find out in a few weeks.

Congratulations buddy! I know where I'd go if I needed a bike down there.

Awesome work dude. ..glad to see all of the hard work paying off

The Happy Thread

Thanks boys

The Happy Thread

Congrats Ryan. Must be so gratifying to see the work and sweat pay off.

Well Done

Congrats!!! I am impressed that you held of the golf shopping :)

My hair is long and really starting to bug me, that would be a rant, but I'm growing it out to shave off for st baldricks. So, it's a happy in the long run.

Snow day tomorrow already called due to the massive winter storm entering the area. So that means another day home with the twins! Count it..... Oh yeah and almost over this stupid cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back