Stacey Lewis's attitude

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
I haven't seen a bigger pouter, oh poor pitiful me, I never get a break golfer in my life. Just watching her makes me depressed and I wonder why she doesn't realize she's playing professional golf for crimaney sakes, and playing it pretty well too. Get a grip woman, playing professional golf for a living isn't a bad gig at all, enjoy it.

I haven't seen a bigger pouter, oh poor pitiful me, I never get a break golfer in my life. Just watching her makes me depressed and I wonder why she doesn't realize she's playing professional golf for crimaney sakes, and playing it pretty well too. Get a grip woman, playing professional golf for a living isn't a bad gig at all, enjoy it.

She definitely is Intense and Emotional. On the PGA Tour that is what its called. :D

I've never been a giant fan of hers. She never looks to be having fun.

Ya know, have read some things lately on that view point and what-not. Always an angle, depending on how ya see it.

Creamer can have a really bad attitude at times as well. At least she sometimes looks like she is enjoying herself though.

I'm not a Lewis fan and I think she is quite surly. I was actually very surprised she got married.

I'm not a Lewis fan and I think she is quite surly. I was actually very surprised she got married.
I'm a little surprised by that statement. There are plenty of male golfers who are called far worse than surly on here, but no one seems surprised that they're able to get someone to marry them.

There are tons of golfers on both tours who frequently look unhappy whether their game is good or bad on a given day, but it seems only female golfers get taken to task for it. Patrick Reed spent all day Sunday looking like he was terribly constipated, but he's an fiery competitor. Tiger Woods spent nearly every minute on a golf course since 2012 looking like he would welcome getting run over by a Volkswagen, but no one says they're surprised he can still go home with Lindsey Vonn.

I think there's an expectation that female golfers all spend their time on the course looking like a chewing gum model. They don't win, but they should look happy to be here. It's a terrible double standard, imo.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bubba gets crap all day long and rightly so. Ive also seen plenty of dislike for reed, spieth, sergio and other male golfers so your comment holds little weight.

I'm a little surprised by that statement. There are plenty of male golfers who are called far worse than surly on here, but no one seems surprised that they're able to get someone to marry them.

There are tons of golfers on both tours who frequently look unhappy whether their game is good or bad on a given day, but it seems only female golfers get taken to task for it. Patrick Reed spent all day Sunday looking like he was terribly constipated, but he's an fiery competitor. Tiger Woods spent nearly every minute on a golf course since 2012 looking like he would welcome getting run over by a Volkswagen, but no one says they're surprised he can still go home with Lindsey Vonn.

I think there's an expectation that female golfers all she's their time on the course looking like a chewing gum model. They don't win, but they should look happy to be here. It's a terrible double standard, imo.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I guess I hit a nerve with you. I'm not trying to say any of what you just wrote. She could be smoking hot or have one leg. I see her on and off the course. She strikes me as a very unhappy person. As a man I could not marry that person.

Now just to be fair for you. If we had been talking about Bubba, I'd say the same thing. But the thread is about her and not someone else with a sour puss for a face.

Stacey Lewis is either always unhappy or was just cursed with a face that always looks like she's ready to chew your head off. I'm not sure which as I don't know her.
When she was on Feherty she seemed a little more cheery but it seemed forced.

Yeah she definitely as one of those RBF look.

I guess I hit a nerve with you. I'm not trying to say any of what you just wrote. She could be smoking hot or have one leg. I see her on and off the course. She strikes me as a very unhappy person. As a man I could not marry that person.

Now just to be fair for you. If we had been talking about Bubba, I'd say the same thing. But the thread is about her and not someone else with a sour puss for a face.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ....nothing more.

Bubba gets crap all day long and rightly so. Ive also seen plenty of dislike for reed, spieth, sergio and other male golfers so your comment holds little weight.
Dislike isn't the same as surprise they got someone to marry them. It implies that if they're truly as awful off the course as they are on the course, then their spouses have ulterior motives, IMO, which is insulting someone's spouse, a big no-no in my book. That's how I took it, and if that's not the case, then I misunderstood. That's all.

Also, if someone went around and filmed me doing my job, where I'm responsible for the transformation of 150 civilians into soldiers, repeated over and over again, 4 months at a time, they'd probably think I'm often way worse than surly. That's a hat I wear. My wife didn't marry Staff Sergeant me. That guy's a jerk when necessary. That guy is frequently frustrated by military bureaucracy and long hours. No one marries a Drill Sergeant in hopes they'll act like a Drill Sergeant at home.

I always try to shed a little grace for people who don't always react to stress with a smile, because I'm one of those people. If she's also a poor sport away from her job, that's on her. But knowing her only on the course, I'm not going to presume she's universally sour.

I respect your opinion. Im sure its come up for some of these guys before, but I understand where you are coming from.

Dislike isn't the same as surprise they got someone to marry them. It implies that if they're truly as awful off the course as they are on the course, then their spouses have ulterior motives, IMO, which is insulting someone's spouse, a big no-no in my book. That's how I took it, and if that's not the case, then I misunderstood. That's all.

Also, if someone went around and filmed me doing my job, where I'm responsible for the transformation of 150 civilians into soldiers, repeated over and over again, 4 months at a time, they'd probably think I'm often way worse than surly. That's a hat I wear. My wife didn't marry Staff Sergeant me. That guy's a jerk when necessary. That guy is frequently frustrated by military bureaucracy and long hours. No one marries a Drill Sergeant in hopes they'll act like a Drill Sergeant at home.

I always try to shed a little grace for people who don't always react to stress with a smile, because I'm one of those people. If she's also a poor sport away from her job, that's on her. But knowing her only on the course, I'm not going to presume she's universally sour.

To be fair, I have said similar about quite a few male golfers and its usually met with some sort of wallet joke.
Im not saying this necessarily, but if I told you she was just as miserable off the course would that change your thoughts?

To be fair, I have said similar about quite a few male golfers and its usually met with some sort of wallet joke.
Im not saying this necessarily, but if I told you she was just as miserable off the course would that change your thoughts?
I dunno. I generally presume the best of people until I meet them in person. And then I usually give people a pass the first time around if they're less than gracious; maybe they're having a bad day.

It takes a lot of someone being miserable towards me before I form the opinion that they're a miserable person in general.

I dunno. I generally presume the best of people until I meet them in person. And then I usually give people a pass the first time around if they're less than gracious; maybe they're having a bad day.

It takes a lot of someone being miserable towards me before I form the opinion that they're a miserable person in general.

So lets say you are around someone more than a couple of times. You even know many that are around them monthly. They all say someone is miserable. Is one still not allowed to have a take?

I guess my thought is a bit different. Someone chooses to be a public figure in the sporting world. Its not forced in the US. If it makes you that unhappy, find something that doesnt do that.

Last edited:

There arent very many people with your patience anymore unfortunately. Now you generally have only a chance or two to make a good first impression. If not I assume your reputation remains tarnished somewhat until proven otherwise. Good for you for being able to look past other's shortcomings so readily. I try my best, but sometimes I just get a feeling or idea about someone and cant shake it.

She really does look and act like she 's mad at the world. Maybe that's how she stays focused. Not that it's working very well right now!

So lets say you are around someone more than a couple of times. You even know many that are around them monthly. They all say someone is miserable. Is one still not allowed to have a take?

I guess my thought is a bit different. Someone chooses to be a public figure in the sporting world. Its not forced in the US. If it makes you that unhappy, find something that doesnt do that.
Sure, they're allowed to have a take. I might even come to accept their view as true. In my head, that has so little impact on how I hope or plan to treat the miserable person that I consider it a non-factor. That's just my disposition, for the most part.

could susanne Pettersson be put in this same boat? flashes of fantastic golf but always seems pissed off.

Now I will also agree that most of the robots on the PGA tour all look like they would rather be anywhere else doing anything else. I get focus and maybe that is why we hackers suck, we just don't take it seriously enough to be pissed off the whole time we play.

I am sure we could come up with a list of other LPGA golfers that have the same surly attitude. I guess the question is do you prefer a fake smile or just being yourself?

Not a fan in fact I will root for just about anyone other than her.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

she's really tough to root for. zero personality and really boring in interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back