2015 Bridgestone e6 Review Thread

Also, if the increased ball flight they're claiming for the e5 is associated with the urethane cover, which I normally attribute to helping with greenside spin, will the e7 have less spin around the greens?

I've only even really played the e6 with any consistency among these balls, though I've dabbled with and liked the e5. I'd love to give the new e7 a try, but I'm simply not accurate enough with my irons, and really like having a urethane cover that will help out around the greens I inevitably miss.

Yes, the e7 (and e6) will have less spin around the greens.

I can do the side by side when I get home if someone doesn't do it first Sparks.

My Shipment notification has mine delivering today, but from what I can see of the pictures already posted, I like the new packaging a lot.

Ball selector chart on the back is interesting and makes some suggestions that I had not previously considered. Looking forward to sitting down and reading everything.

The alignment aid APPEARS to be a big improvement from the pics. Looking forward to having one in hand.

I'm hopeful that this softer version allows for a little more grab around the greens. Testing for me begins Saturday in our league round and then I will be trying some short game practice/testing in the afternoon or on Sunday.

Thanks THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity to give these a workout.

JM

I snapped a few pics past night as well, but they are basically the same as what has already been posted so I am just posting three.

I really like the new packaging. I think it really pops.

The price has come up a bit and that concerns me, but as solid as a performer as the e6 has been in the past I think that the price point won't be an issue for most people if the ball continues to perform.

I like the new alignment aid. Not many balls in this class have this feature from my experience so it is nice the Bridgestone includes it in the e series.

I hope to actually get them in play tomorrow. Probably compare against the previous e6, a Q Star and a Callaway Supersoft.

7bcfed13cd3decba5bdae4ac1aeff2c8.jpg

7baf075954c75cca77fb9f4b5c277aa1.jpg

9b053a4f61e27175de95e92c6eb74995.jpg

#Team441 for the win!!

I got mine yesterday as well. Will be posting some pics soon but as others have posted the packaging and such, I won't repost. Hope to get out this week and put some metal to them but in the meantime I'll be doing some initial putting comparisons.

Interesting to see the response on the alignment aid...it's the first thing I noticed. The old e6 aid didn't really seem like a fan favorite and I thought for sure people would hate the new one but the reviews seem mixed so far.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. Anyone not in love with their e6's after testing can feel free to send them my way. :) My favorite ball, period.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. Anyone not in love with their e6's after testing can feel free to send them my way. :) My favorite ball, period.

Definitely my favorite ball as well. I can only see it getting better as well. Send them my way too if no one wants them.

This new "chart" we are seeing is interesting as I don't recall ball flight being so targeted in the marketing. Being a high ball hitter and testing the e5 has me curious if it'll be too high. I always thought it had more to do with distance & spin as opposed to high/low flight.

#Cookie: This is Mellowman with the Bridgestone Golf B-Fit team. Thanks for being part of test program! Please keep in mind that Bridgestone Golf offers many degrees of fitting assistance. The chart on the back of the new e Series does a great job of breaking golf ball fitting down to simple components. For golfers like yourself that are highly in-tune with their game, a more robust fitting experience might still be your best option. Just as we have different golf ball options, we have a wide range of fitting options: The new e Series chart, The online Golf Ball Selection Guide, The B-Fit online chat service, and the Bridgestone Challenge live golf ball fitting. If you have any questions about golf ball fitting and/or the new e5, please feel free to jump on a chat with us: https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/chat

10-4, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully our new resident Bridgestone expert will chime in. I am also intrigued by the pattern. Wonder if there is a new B330 line up on the way and if they will also change...and why or why not.

Hello this is Mellowman with the Bridgestone Golf B-Fit team. Today I am going to focus most of my energy addressing golf club questions as we demo our new J15 line at the PGA Show Demo Day. Tomorrow, as the PGA Show moves inside and we begin to fit golfers to our new e Series, I will shift my conversation more towards the golf ball itself.

BUT, with that being said, I feel like this is a good place to weigh in to the e Series chatter. In a nut shell, the WEB Dimple is 216 regular dimples paired with a precise pattern of 110 Dual Dimples. The WEB Dimple creates lower ball flights at higher ball speeds (ie. more penetrating flight with drivers and metal woods). So relative to the previous generation, same swing to same sing the slightly lower ball flight is testing longer off the tee due to the flatter trajectory and enhanced aerodynamics.

I will be back tomorrow to chat all things 2015 Bridgestone e Series. In the mean time we have our full team of Bridgestone B-fit tech ready to assist with high level questions over at: https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/chat

#Cookie: This is Mellowman with the Bridgestone Golf B-Fit team. Thanks for being part of test program! Please keep in mind that Bridgestone Golf offers many degrees of fitting assistance. The chart on the back of the new e Series does a great job of breaking golf ball fitting down to simple components. For golfers like yourself that are highly in-tune with their game, a more robust fitting experience might still be your best option. Just as we have different golf ball options, we have a wide range of fitting options: The new e Series chart, The online Golf Ball Selection Guide, The B-Fit online chat service, and the Bridgestone Challenge live golf ball fitting. If you have any questions about golf ball fitting and/or the new e5, please feel free to jump on a chat with us: https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/chat

Good stuff, thanks! You couldn't be more correct with the notion of fitting. Although I'm a high ball hitter I've been fit previously into both the e5 and B330-RX. Excited to try the new e series out.

Yes, the e7 (and e6) will have less spin around the greens.

Is that simply because of the cover, or are there other elements of the e6 and e7 in terms of core construction that reduce spin?

Conversely, do you know if there are elements of the core on the e5 that encourage greater spin over the e6 and e7?

Is that simply because of the cover, or are there other elements of the e6 and e7 in terms of core construction that reduce spin?

Conversely, do you know if there are elements of the core on the e5 that encourage greater spin over the e6 and e7?

I make that statement based on cover type and only in reference to short game type swings/shots.

As far as full swing spin related to either cover or core, I can't say.

Do we know the compression rating of the new E6? I know it is difficult sometimes find the compression rating on Bridgestone balls compared to other brands.

Do we know the compression rating of the new E6? I know it is difficult sometimes find the compression rating on Bridgestone balls compared to other brands.

Curious about that as well due to this statement:

The 2015 e6 is the softest multilayer golf ball on the market

It's always been a very nice feeling ball.

I have not got the balls yet, but those alignment aids look a little too big at first glance. I have the previous two versions, so I will snap some side by sides and post them when I get the new balls in.

I wonder since E6 is a 3 piece compared to Supersoft being a 2 piece that it will still be around 50 compression rating. It just depends on their definition of multilayer I guess.
Curious about that as well due to this statement:

It's always been a very nice feeling ball.

Can't wait to read how this performs with regards to short game.

Can't wait to read how this performs with regards to short game.

Agreed. I can vouch for former versions of the e5 and it already did a great job around the greens for me. I look forward to seeing what this release's model brings to the table.

Nice packaging - always liked the e6. When do these hit the stores?

I like the new look. And the dimples seem to be different also? I'll have to pick up a sleeve and give em a go

Love me some e6! Cant wait to read the reviews here! These and the chrome soft will be having shootouts this season!

Just got back from putting and chipping a couple of these e6's.

I compared them with a Wilson Staff 50 Elite (50 compression), Bridgestone B330RX, Titleist Pro v1, Titleist NX Tour, and a Slazenger Raw Distance.

Initial results for me using my Yes! Valerie putter and Cleveland Sand Wedge were:

Titleists felt "hollow"... they came off the clubs light. Short putts were fine but they felt more like rocks when trying to roll them 30+ feet for long putts.
Wilson Staff 50 Elite felt soft. Kind of hard to explain but just felt soft.
B330RX felt soft.
e6's felt soft and rolled well on the practice green.

Chipping from a few yards off the practice green to the center of the green (about 20 yards) the e6's felt good coming off the wedge. They felt soft like the 50 elite and B330RX. They didn't roll out any further than the rest of the balls (only one ball rolled off the green but I think that was me hitting it too hard).

The e6's grouped well... putting they followed the same lines from putts, and landed in the same vicinity when chipped onto the practice green.

There was no back spin at all but I have never been able to intentionally put back spin on a ball when chipping.

All in all, the e6's were very nice and I like them. More in-depth review coming over the next several days.

Looks like no balls delivered today, hopefully they get here tomorrow.

Let me get right into some of the technology. I just opened the box about 10 minutes ago and looked for immediate differences. First thing is that Bridgestone changed the dimple patterns for the 2015 iteration of the e6. Both the 2014 and 2015 models are marketed as "Straight Distance" (2014) and "Straight Flight" (2015). Whereas the 2014 balls had the dual dimple technology in every dimple of the ball, in the 2015 model this has significantly changed (see image). It is now named the "Web Dimple Technology" and here is the dimple pattern. The dot is the dimple in dimple tech and the numbered are plain dimples. This pattern is consistent throughout the entirety of the ball.

199e519a52b88140375ccdf58666e77e.jpg

Back