Your "go to" breakfast before an early AM round

russtopher

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Band
If you're headed out for a dewsweeper round, what's your go to for breakfast? Do you fill up, or eat something small and snack along the way to keep the energy up? Or just wait until you're home?

I like to have a bowl of oatmeal, with some fruit and coffee. I find that oatmeal makes me feel full for a lot longer, so I don't want to start snacking my the 4th hole. I'll definitely bring some granola or some nuts for the turn.

What's your go to, that keeps your energy levels up first thing in the morning?

Ham and egg breakfast sandwich!

Usually get lazy and swing by McDonald's for some breakfast burritos

Either just some toast and a protein shake or nothing at all till I'm done playing

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Shredded mini wheat with almond milk. Only thing that fills me up and doesn't make me fill sluggish.

Coffee & Copenhagen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowl of cereal at home and cup of coffee to go to sip on while I warm up. Usually bring a Clif bar for the turn.

Usually 4 oz. of protein, a couple of eggs and an apple. Then I bring something protein based to have on the course.

I don't typically eat breakfast, if I do it will be an apple and maybe a protein bar

swing by einstein brothers for a bagel. if it's really early in the morning and my stomach is a little iffy, i'll do a blueberry bagel with blueberry cream cheese and a medium coffee, and maybe a banana. if i'm feeling good, i'll go bacon, egg & cheese on asiago, medium coffee and banana.

Protein bar, nothing heavy

A monster and a kind cranberry almond bar. I am awful about what I eat and drink before during and after a round

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

McDonald's Breakfast Burritos!

Quick protein shake or stop for fast food.

When I am at my PA home, I swing by a Wawa to get a ham and egg breakfast burrito, and Americano & OJ. Typically, I'll let it cool until I get to the course, eat the sandwich and drink the OJ before teeing off. Drink the coffee on the first 3-4 holes.

Did it Tuesday AM before my 6:36 AM tee time.

For an early around (5:30-6 am) I'll grab a coffee and a water and that usually holds me over until after the round. I'll toss a granola bar in my bag just in case.

Tim Hortons Farmers Breakfast wrap. It hurts so good.

Snickers and caffeine usually does it for a quick breakfast before an early round.

~Rock

Eggs over medium, bacon, hash browns and sourdough toast.

We used to go out for a buffet breakfast when we were in out 20s and 30s. Now we don't normally go out that early!

depends how much time I have. The lightest and quickest would be a banana and/or a protein bar with some water. The other option is stopping at McD for a couple breakfast burritos. I don't like sugary orange juice unless fresh squeezed so usually just water with either choice.

Coffee and cut pineapple prior to round and 2 bananas and 2 protein bars during round.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Large coffee, Sausage Egg and Cheese Mc Griddle. On the Tee at 6 am. I know its not healthy.... but its fast. I eat pretty sensibly during the week so I don't worry too much about it.

Protein shake at home and a cup of coffee on the way to the course does it for me.

Apple and Banana.

Back