Whats your weather limit?

pingman222

Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play
Really want to play some golf tomorrow but the forecast is looking gloomy up here. I do have some good rain gear and only live 2 minutes from the course so I think I'll go out and brave it, at least try 9 and see how it is.

What's your weather cutoff?

933333b1c044a2122cffcdce4142e9c8.jpg

Under 50 degrees and some rain? I would probably not. More for the temp than the rain chances. Hate golfing in long pants until it has been winter for a while.

Under 50 degrees and some rain? I would probably not. More for the temp than the rain chances. Hate golfing in long pants until it has been winter for a while.
I reckon we've only got about 1.5 months left to get all the rounds in that I can before they close it up for winter. Because of that I'm desperate to squeeze in whatever rounds I can if it's even remotely tolerable.

My father-in-law was, in his day, an avid and accomplished duck hunter. He introduced me to fishing, and I introduced him to golf. He still plays at age 85. One New Year's Day, we played a course in Long Branch New Jersey, with winter greens, It was 4 degrees F. And I've played in 95 degrees/90% RH.

My cutoff is thunder.

Under 50 and wind with no sun, no thanks. If it's clear skies all day, anything under about 45 and I'm not a fan.

Rainy, I avoid if I can. I live in a place where I don't have to play in that if I don't want to!

Given that I live in Florida and play 4 to 5 times a week, my tolerance for playing in bad weather is quite low. If the forecast is bad, I'll wait for tomorrow, or if it starts to rain, I'll head to the clubhouse, or home, whichever is closer. When I was still working and living in Michigan, however, rounds were too precious, and I'd soldier on through rain, sleet or snow to get the round in.

Given that I live in Florida and play 4 to 5 times a week, my tolerance for playing in bad weather is quite low. If the forecast is bad, I'll wait for tomorrow, or if it starts to rain, I'll head to the clubhouse, or home, whichever is closer. /QUOTE]

You're learning :)

I had to look up what 9c meant . (Please do not force me to try to name your provinces). Over the past golf season I have played between 30 and 100 degrees. I am fine with rain or snow...hot or cold. It sounds really crazy but I have walked off the course 3 times this year due to the wind.

Under 65 and I will wait till it warms up.

We have a tee time for Monday and there's a hurricane watch for us. So we play !!! If it becomes a warning. We won't play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where I live it a "hot" day is 70. Most days start at 50 get to 60 and end at 50, and that is summer time. In the winter it's usually low 40s in the morning. It also is almost always moist, fog, drizzle or rain.

Since I'm used to this as long as there is no lighting, I'm good to go.

We played right into December last year here in the Ottawa Valley, and -- it being a freakishly mild fall -- even got out for a round on Christmas Eve at the last open course in the area. Any temp above freezing is fine with me. Light snow, fine. Drizzle? Why not. Pouring rain, accumulating snow, and the threat of lightning will keep me off the course, but that's about all. I want the gap between golf and skiing to be as short as possible. Last year it was about a week.

3 club wind. I'd say rain, but the only way it rains here is accompanied by thunderstorms, so the courses usually close anyway.

There is no weather threshold once o start the back 9, though. I'm in to finish the round.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think my limit is lightning. Rain and temperature can just be dealt with through appropriate clothing.

Played all through winter last year. In fact, my preference is to start first thing in the morning when it is still pitch black and commonly -2/3C. Tee off when you can't see the ball and get to the 1st green just as the sun comes up. Makes for a beautiful start to the day and me and my buddy can get 18 holes done in around 2hrs-2hrs 15mins with none of the regular oldies holding us up.

The only time I have walked off the course was when we had massive hailstones coming down in a strong wind and I physically couldn't keep my eyes open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my course is open, I'm golfing! Last winter was amazing, I golfed all winter long. I don't like cold wind, it won't stop me.

I have played in about 6°C with a wind chill of about 2° with some showers blowing through. Gets a bit cold in shorts but i wear them all year :D

Below freezing or over 100*...I struggle with dehydration over that no matter how much water I drink.

Above freezing and I'm good. The courses are open all year here. I don't mind the cold as long as the wind is down. Unfortunately in the winter you need a little breeze to knock the frost off the course. The only thing worse than a frost delay is a course closed sign.

Over 95 or under 45 and I'm staying home. Thunder in the vicinity = I head for the clubhouse.

45 degrees with no wind/rain and I'll be there. I've played at 105 but I don't do that anymore. Right now, my upper threshold is 96 but with high humidity it is pretty hard to enjoy the round. Perfect weather for me, is 80-85 with low humidity.

Rain, especially with thunder and I put my cart in the shed.

Under 50 and wind with no sun, no thanks. If it's clear skies all day, anything under about 45 and I'm not a fan.

I agree with Wardy completely from a low temp standpoint. There is no maximum temp I would not play in.

Avoid playing in rain when possible. If I am on the course and it starts lightly raining with no lightning, I am playing on.

40 degrees and sunny, I'm playing, anything colder and I'm out. I don't think I have a heat limit, at least I haven't reached it yet.

I haven't hit an upper temp limit. But anything above 90F or 32C or so, I'll rent a ride. Walking 18 in that weather is a poor idea. I drink lots of water any time, even more when it's hot.

I agree with Wardy completely from a low temp standpoint. There is no maximum temp I would not play in.

Avoid playing in rain when possible. If I am on the course and it starts lightly raining with no lightning, I am playing on.

This is spot on for me. Doesn't get too hot for golf. Borderline cold and I'll go fishing instead.

Back