Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Thanks to the Bearded one, these came for a short visit:
f99cf6149fee3f15cc7a37118a3b1139.jpg

But Tim is beast, yeesh! LOL
c0b906d169448818d38f14236581c56e.jpg
Have fun James. 6.5, a little to much for me. I have hit these before, thankfully, or I would be knocking myself out trying to put a decent swing on them. I just really like these irons.

Have fun James. 6.5, a little to much for me. I have hit these before, thankfully, or I would be knocking myself out trying to put a decent swing on them. I just really like these irons.

Its gonna be fun!

Don't care if they had real shovel handles in them. Will swing!

Don't care if they had real shovel handles in them. Will swing!
I definitely understand. I feel the same way anytime there is something I'm interested in. I think you are going to enjoy these none the less.

Hopefully we can make an event together this year. You can swing mine with the Recoils. If you really like the DPCs with the Steel Fibers, you will LOVE these!

Hopefully we can make an event together this year. You can swing mine with the Recoils. If you really like the DPCs with the Steel Fibers, you will LOVE these!
I hit these with the KBS Tour S shafts and loved them. I want my own now.
The DPCs with Steel Fibers were good, but I still pefered the PX shafts in them.

Mine were supposed to ship today. Need to find out if they did and when I can expect them...I'm dying to swing these

I recall someone buying their AW from overseas, but can't remember who it was. JLukes maybe.

Anyway, if that was you, who did you get it from & how long did shipping take?

They have 8 club (5-9, PW, AW,SW) sets for about $745 shipped on Rakuten Japan. I haven't used a set SW in a while, but that seems like a good deal because it gets me the AW I want.

I recall someone buying their AW from overseas, but can't remember who it was. JLukes maybe.

They have 8 club (5-9, PW, AW,SW) sets for about $745 shipped on Rakuten Japan. I haven't used a set SW in a while, but that seems like a good deal because it gets me the AW I want.

I think a couple bought them from rakuten

You can buy single aw too. But the 8 clubs is good deal

The sets in Rakuten have the Miyazaki Kosuma Blue shafts on some sets too. Drool.

The sets in Rakuten have the Miyazaki Kosuma Blue shafts on some sets too. Drool.

I was very close to getting a set with these shafts but could not find out much info on them. Decided to go the safer route with a more known entity in the Recoils.

I was very close to getting a set with these shafts but could not find out much info on them. Decided to go the safer route with a more known entity in the Recoils.
If it's Miyazaki, it's awesome.

Wish they were still a player over here. Phenomenal shafts.

Hark! I need some guidance. I have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to test out all of Srixon's new releases at our local GS. Was about to proceed with a fitting for a set of 545s only to have my advances rebuffed by Srixon. I love, love, love my Recoil 95s in my Apex and wanted to order the 545s with Recoil 95s. Alas, Srixon has informed me that they are unable to grant my wish. I am a tad confused since I notice that one of your testers is gaming the 545s with my desired Recoils. Pray tell, is there a secret handshake I need to utilize to convince Srixon to grant my wish or am I condemned to pulling a perfectly good set of shafts and have them replaced with a set of Recoil 95s by my local builder.

Unfortunately according to the custom catalog on Srixon's site, the 95s are not an option, even with an upcharge.

Did you have to reshaft your set, or did Srixon relent and provide you with your set with Recoil 95s?

These are.... Really interesting.

Tomorrow's round(s) are going to finalize a lot of thoughts in my noggin right now!

Tomorrow's round(s) are going to finalize a lot of thoughts in my noggin right now!

Interested to hear what you mean by "interesting". Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Luddite,

Fairway Jockey.com makes custom clubs. They can build you a set with the Recoils. I have no affiliation with the company and have never dealt with them. However, since I want to order the same set up as you, I searched and discovered that they will custom build 545s with Recoils.

Steve

Any mid to high handicappers using the Z545's?
And your thoughts.

I'm playing them as a 15. They replaced a set of Mizuno JPX 825 and Ping G15 irons, and I've had no issues with them. That said, I lose the majority of strokes off the tee, and irons are one of the better parts of my game. It all depends on what your miss is. I find these very accommodating to my miss (thin), but they are relatively short heel-to-toe for a GI iron. So, if you tend to miss laterally, there might be better options out there. Hope this helps - there are a few guys here who have been playing these for a while, so feel free to ask away!

Very excited to read your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have to reshaft your set, or did Srixon relent and provide you with your set with Recoil 95s?

Luddite,

Fairway Jockey.com makes custom clubs. They can build you a set with the Recoils. I have no affiliation with the company and have never dealt with them. However, since I want to order the same set up as you, I searched and discovered that they will custom build 545s with Recoils.

Steve

Steve hit the nail on the head. They have an ebay listing for the Z545 irons with a variety of shafts you can choose. There is a nice upcharge but it was worth it for me to help with the arthritis in my upper left arm. As part of the package, they will also do custom lies, lofts, etc. Very easy to work with and do excellent work. I talked them down about $100.00 over the original quote they gave me.

All this hype about these...it's kind of like the buzz we say with the Apex last year. Interesting. I'm curious to see what Srixon's numbers look like after a year on the US Market. How much impact they're having. I think I need to swing these to see what's going on.

Back