Woodside Golf Course Review Airdrie Alberta

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
Course Review Woodside Golf Course

Woodside golf course is located in the town of Airdrie Alberta about 25 minuits north of Calgary. It is a semi-private club but open to public players 7 days a week. The course opened in 1989 by Otto Steiner who worked with course achitect William G. Robinson.

Pro Shop

Rates

Spoiler

When you first show up and go into the proshop the staff is friendly and helpful has a small town atmosphere as everyone is on a first name basis. There is a small selection of current clubs mainly drivers and has a small clothing selection and is exactly what I expect from a small town course.

Driving Range

The practice area has a large putting green as seen in the picture with the pro shop and a nice driving range. The range is well marked and they let you hit off the grass even during the weekend. For added fun they have set out moose targets. One thing that I did not like is that you have to pay for a warm up bucket of balls. I think those should always be included when you pay for a green fee. You purchase a number from the proshop and then get your balls from a dispenser when you redeem your code.

Scorecard

Spoiler

Woodside is a short course with 4 sets of tees and two others that are a combination set and is a par 70. The course is kept in great shape with well maicured fairways and greens that are frindly and cut to a comfortable pace that run true. I consider this to be a beginer to intermeidate course since it's very open and the rough is not thick. There are a few challenging holes and a couple that are really fun. Water does come in to play on a short stretch on the front 9 but nothing that should intimadate a golfer as the holes are designed with large bail out areas to aim for.

With Calgary's tourism during the summer months many people are camping in the area and this is a great place to sqeeze in a friendly round on your vacation. If you want a nice weekend round at a good rate or a nice family friendly environment that encourages couples and youth this is a great place to get comfortable with the game and have a fun round. If your looking for a long course with fast greens that is going to test every part of your game you may want to look else where. I know I will be back.

I should also note that the first time I played here this year I had just hit my second shot onto the 18th green and the skies opened up with golf ball size hail and we couldn't finish the round the course gave everyone that day a complementry round. I have never received a full round when I was only 2 or 3 shots away from completing all 18. The customer service was execptional and I will always recomend someone to come play here if they are passing through.

The 9th green after the hail.

Solid review Scrap. Seems like a great course. I am a huge fan of quality customer service. It means a lot to me especially when I am spending my hard earned money to play a course.

Some great pictures in there buddy! Well done

Solid review Scrap. Seems like a great course. I am a huge fan of quality customer service. It means a lot to me especially when I am spending my hard earned money to play a course.

Some great pictures in there buddy! Well done

Thanks man, took the quick and to the point approach with this one. I think this would be a place you would enjoy. The customer service was great and I will end up playing it 4 times this year and for a nomad like myself that says a lot because I usually like longer par 72 courses.

That looks pretty nice.

Went from a nice sunny day to all hell breaking out.

Nice review!

That looks pretty nice.

It's right on the edge of going into the prairies and they did a good job designing it. They really encourage couples and kids it was refreshing to see around these parts. The staff is top notch and extremely helpful.

Went from a nice sunny day to all hell breaking out.

You have no idea, it was the worst hail storm I have seen in the last 8 years. It was beautiful weather when I cashed in the hail check.

Great review, Scrap. Looks like my kind of course too. Too bad it's over 2,100 miles away :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Great review, Scrap. Looks like my kind of course too. Too bad it's over 2,100 miles away :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They do serve Coors Light but not Moose Head. 2100 miles thats nothing, wait whats that in kilometers.

Great review scrap.

Back