DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd definitely be interested.
Yep, the guys that went to it previously raved about it. They were all sore for days after taking a couple hundred swings each from what I heard..ha

I had an iron fitting there last year, and the literally do have just about any shaft/head combo you'd want to try. I'll definitely keep you guys posted on what I find out. Maybe shoot for sometime in Mid February after Emart and Mizunofan get get back from the Bridgestone trip.

Yep, the guys that went to it previously raved about it. They were all sore for days after taking a couple hundred swings each from what I heard..ha

I had an iron fitting there last year, and the literally do have just about any shaft/head combo you'd want to try. I'll definitely keep you guys posted on what I find out. Maybe shoot for sometime in Mid February after Emart and Mizunofan get get back from the Bridgestone trip.

Sounds like a plan. I have some travel in Feb, but I'm definitely interested. I'd love to get a shaft dialed in on the G30, and hit the new Bridgestone stuff.

So I was going to do some research on this before I brought it up.

But Kevin and I were talking about Bridgestone demo and where to go.

There is a club champion in Rockville. A couple years ago they held a private open house for the local WRX guys. I didn't make it, but by all accounts it was a huge success. Hours of hitting everything available on a Trackman.

I given them a bit of business and sent a couple referrals there this past year. I'm going to reach out and see what they would be willing to offer the THP guys.

You may or may not know there usual fitting fees are pretty pricey $150. But they literally have almost every head and shaft you can imagine in irons and drivers.

So just throwing it out there. I'll contact Buddah and see if they are open to it.

That could be a lot of fun Rob. A day of demo'ing stuff, then maybe getting together for dinner / drinks afterwards with other THP guys - I'm in!

Sounds very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

So I was going to do some research on this before I brought it up.

But Kevin and I were talking about Bridgestone demo and where to go.

There is a club champion in Rockville. A couple years ago they held a private open house for the local WRX guys. I didn't make it, but by all accounts it was a huge success. Hours of hitting everything available on a Trackman.

I given them a bit of business and sent a couple referrals there this past year. I'm going to reach out and see what they would be willing to offer the THP guys.

You may or may not know there usual fitting fees are pretty pricey $150. But they literally have almost every head and shaft you can imagine in irons and drivers.

So just throwing it out there. I'll contact Buddah and see if they are open to it.

Great idea and hopefully they should be real interested in doing something. I was there around this time last year, right after they opened, and have been back - 1st putter and then irons. I have gotten emails from them since offering "private" reception type gatherings if I wanted to bring in 4+ folks. Last summer I was in there and Matt Grabowy was manager and Buda was still there.
good luck, they do have a ton of stuff to try

That could be a lot of fun Rob. A day of demo'ing stuff, then maybe getting together for dinner / drinks afterwards with other THP guys - I'm in!

Exactly. And there's a great pizza place right next door. OR, a Hooters right across the street :)

Maybe even a live update thread while it's going on. The fitting I mean, not Hooters :)

Great idea and hopefully they should be real interested in doing something. I was there around this time last year, right after they opened, and have been back - 1st putter and then irons. I have gotten emails from them since offering "private" reception type gatherings if I wanted to bring in 4+ folks. Last summer I was in there and Matt Grabowy was manager and Buda was still there.
good luck, they do have a ton of stuff to try

Exactly, I'm thinking they should. I'm going to try and get there Thursday or Friday at lunch time.

Let me know I'll try to make it

Let me know I'll try to make it
Not sure they'll let you hit. You may break the monitor, just let me hit before you. I don't want to follow those numbers :)

Not sure they'll let you hit. You may break the monitor, just let me hit before you. I don't want to follow those numbers :)

I don't know about the monitor but I did snap a shaft while getting fit for my driver. Hope I don't have to pay for anything I break! :eek:)

Great idea Rob. I hope that it all works for you guys. Wish I could try and make it but doesn't look so good. Might be tough to convience the wife and babies....

anyone up for a round on Sunday morning, early afternoon? It is supposed to be a balmy 50 degrees ... perfect winter golf. I haven't gotten out in a while and have had the itch just to get out and swing to get the cobwebs off my clubs. I will have to play somewhere close to Leesburg though as I have plans with the family later that day. But the better half has given me permission to hit the links (she is sick of my complaining) LOL

anyone up for a round on Sunday morning, early afternoon? It is supposed to be a balmy 50 degrees ... perfect winter golf. I haven't gotten out in a while and have had the itch just to get out and swing to get the cobwebs off my clubs. I will have to play somewhere close to Leesburg though as I have plans with the family later that day. But the better half has given me permission to hit the links (she is sick of my complaining) LOL

I was thinking the same thing, but the forecast has changed to low 40s and rain for the entire DC Metro...Next Wednesday is supposed to be 46 and sunny. Cough, Cough, Cough...might be coming down with something.

Great idea Rob. I hope that it all works for you guys. Wish I could try and make it but doesn't look so good. Might be tough to convience the wife and babies....

Hey Jessie. I understand you've got BOTH hands full these days. But I'm thinking mid February time frame.

Maybe your wife might think you're ready for a break by then :)

I'll update the throws after I get over there. Hopefully tomorrow

SaA

out for the weekend. hoping i can hit balls at the range though, need to swing before Bridgestone.

My wife is out of town for the weekend so I have the boys. No playing for me but I might DRAG them to the driving range

Hey Jessie. I understand you've got BOTH hands full these days. But I'm thinking mid February time frame.

Maybe your wife might think you're ready for a break by then :)

I'll update the throws after I get over there. Hopefully tomorrow

SaA
Thanks Rob. Yeah hopefully I will get a chance to get out to the course here and there. Might try and save it up for an informal outing in the Spring we shall see.

DC MD VA Area Chat

Club Champion THP Day Update:

Well I stopped in and had a short but good conversation with Matt. Both he and Budah were doing fittings at the time, so it wasn't a long chat.

He's very open and happy to have a small group of us in for an "open house"

I think the WRX guys over did it last year with about about a dozen or so and it got a bit crazy. So this might be limited to about 6 at the most based on what he said would work best.

Also just so I don't give the wrong impression. This won't be a fitting, but more of a chance to try things on your own to get some numbers and such. Just don't want anyone to be disappointed.

Lastly he said a March time frame would work best for them.

So that gives us a couple months to get our selves in shape ...ha.

I'll keep in touch with him and give you guys more info as it's firmed up.

Last edited:
Great job following thru on this Rob. Should be a blast, and given size of their space 6 is probably a max good number.
Luckily for me (and probably for you guys as well) I'll be hanging out at Spring Training in FL during March, so not tempted to be there :)
Have fun, marty

Great job following thru on this Rob. Should be a blast, and given size of their space 6 is probably a max good number.
Luckily for me (and probably for you guys as well) I'll be hanging out at Spring Training in FL during March, so not tempted to be there :)
Have fun, marty

Man. Sorry you may miss it. You're right with two bays and maybe two guys on the putting green, that leaves room for toe others to ogle the shaft wall selection :)

Sounds like a blast to me. I'll keep an eye out for a date and time. Are you thinking during the week?

DC MD VA Area Chat

Thanks Rob for looking into this. Nice little intimate get together and demo. Is it March yet?
Well you have a nice little get together coming up before this :)

Sounds like a blast to me. I'll keep an eye out for a date and time. Are you thinking during the week?

I was thinking a Saturday. They are closed on Sunday and I think they close early during the week making it tough for some to get there after work.

I'll definitely update the thread each time I talk to Matt or Budah about it.

Well you have a nice little get together coming up before this :)

I was thinking a Saturday. They are closed on Sunday and I think they close early during the week making it tough for some to get there after work.

I'll definitely update the thread each time I talk to Matt or Budah about it.

that i do and very excited about it...you'll be in my mind on every Bridgestone swing. Other than the 545 irons and maybe the nike vapor driver I am not sure I have been geeked about trying some clubs...the ones coming up look really good and seeing som others play the current Bridgestone offerings im really intrigued.

A bit off the topic for the last few posts, but seems like the right place to seek info.
I have been offered a position moving me to to the Hampton, Va area. Not where I planned on relocating, but the offer is pretty darn good.
Hoping I can get some feedback of where to consider living within 45 minutes drive or so, and courses to play and maybe a mens club to join. Would not likely commit to a private club, want to play a variety.
Looks kinda like Hampton is a more industrial area?
Im 57 , play to about a 12, want to get game back to single digit,.. Very comfortable playing with anybody, anytime.
I have a six week commitment to my current project, so April timeframe.
Thanks for any input.

Welcome. I'm about 2.5 hours north of the Hampton Roads area, so I can't be much help.

I know we have a few guys from that area so I'm sure they'll chime in.

SaA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back