Kitchen Appliances - Brands you love/hate?

Best Buy ( or any ) Zero interest is a good option. I buy that way frequently. At BB you pay same price, can take advantage of any Sales while paying out over 18, 24 months or more at no interest. I set up an auto payment with Quicken and never think about it again. If they don't want all of my money up front, I'm happy to keep it.

Something to consider if budget is also a timing issue. Can help.

Best Buy ( or any ) Zero interest is a good option. I buy that way frequently. At BB you pay same price, can take advantage of any Sales while paying out over 18, 24 months or more at no interest. I set up an auto payment with Quicken and never think about it again. If they don't want all of my money up front, I'm happy to keep it.

Something to consider if budget is also a timing issue. Can help.

We have a Sears card from when bought our washer and dryer and fridge so thats why we are going with Sears. I can pay the money up front but honestly, its easier right now to just pay it off over a few months.

I bought a Samsung side by side fridge about 3 years ago...It is by far the biggest piece of Krap that I have ever owned......The icemaker never did make enough ice,,,when it felt like making ice....Water gathers in the bottom of the freezer , turn to ice , then the gasket on the fridge doesn't seal and it leaks water all over the floor. Have to keep breaking up the ice in the bottom so that water doesn't leak onto the floor....Already has ruined the laminate flooring that I put down in the kitchen....Wife didn't see the water,,,slipped on it and broke her leg....were on our second operation for that now.....

Oh,,,did I mention that I had to replace the main board in it last year....

On the brighter side...It did make ice one day two weeks ago!!!!!!!!

We have a Sears card from when bought our washer and dryer and fridge so thats why we are going with Sears. I can pay the money up front but honestly, its easier right now to just pay it off over a few months.

Sears has zero interest deals often too. Definitely use an account you already have. Applying for new just for appliances may/may not be good for credit ratings.

If getting same prices, good to take advantage of zero interest. Never had a bad experience with Sears and the kenmore stuff is great. Have fun.

GE Profile - fridge, range/oven, Microwave & Dish washer (they are great and no issues)

Samsung washer & dryer - no issues at all

Last edited:
I like Samsung and GE appliances. I will never buy any LG items ever again. I had a fridge, TV, and Washer and dryer that all ate it about 3-4 years in.

Sears is having a nice sale on Kenmore - 30% off plus special financing.

When my wife and I shopped for appliances last year everywhere we sent said Samsung and LG were the two best and most reliable brands. We liked most of the Samsung stuff but they in the midst of switching to new models and no one had any Samsung gas ranges in stock. There was a great sale at Lowes so we elected to go with LG and I have been very impressed so far. We got all stainless steel, and we went with their French door refrigerator, gas range, and microwave.

Thanks all for the opinions!

I ended up doing a ton of research yesterday and after meeting with our GC last night I decided to go Maytag for everything.

Ordered the wall mount double oven (30", 10 cubic feet total), 5 range 36" gas cooktop, and top control stainless tub dishwasher.

Ordered online through Costco and HD.

Roughly 2 months from now the renovations should be done!

Thanks all for the opinions!

I ended up doing a ton of research yesterday and after meeting with our GC last night I decided to go Maytag for everything.

Ordered the wall mount double oven (30", 10 cubic feet total), 5 range 36" gas cooktop, and top control stainless tub dishwasher.

Ordered online through Costco and HD.

Roughly 2 months from now the renovations should be done!
Haha, the one brand that wasn't brought up.

I hope you love it dude, can't wait to hear what you think, I am definitely seeing more of their stuff recently.

Haha, the one brand that wasn't brought up.

I hope you love it dude, can't wait to hear what you think, I am definitely seeing more of their stuff recently.

I know man. Combination of reviews from Consumer Reports, Amazon, Lowe's, and Home Depot led me this way. Looking for items that got fantastic reviews without being overly expensive. Got everything I mentioned above for $3800 delivered to the door. Also wanted to go 1 brand to ensure the stainless matched up well.

We went with white everything. Figured we'd be spending a lot of time cleaning fingerprints off the stainless.

Back