Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staticline: Why are you paying for voice to text?

And check their website; the Simple Choice plan is for talk, text and 1 GB 4G data for two lines for $80/mo. Add 2 more for ten bucks per line and that gets you on the Datastash plan..

My wife uses it. It is "voicemail to text". I typed it wrong. My bad.

Voicemail to Text is free with Google Voice.

I love google voice. The emails you get with the transcription are even funnier as they're pretty bad, but it's nice to have s rough idea of what you missed

Add me to the list of TV pondering. Time to step up from the 50" we got around 5 years ago at Costco.

Quick glance shows some 65" smart 1080's for sub 1k at Costco. Anything that should be deal sealers or breakers that I should be aware of? I literally know very little about TV's. Saw about with refresh of 120 seems to be a need but don't go higher.

How far away will you be sitting? I always find the recommendations a little off personally

That stash is only for 4g data correct?

I'm still looking at plans and companies. But T-Mobile looks to be the best price wise so far, I can get unlimited 4g for $100 or 1gb per phone for $80 or 3gb per phone for $100

Yes, because once you reach whatever your limit is, it goes down to 2G. And check that unlimited 4G for $100, I only see where you buy your data. There are no overages (since they just drop your speed way down), but I don't think there are any unlimited 4G data plans. The data is unlimited; the speeds are not.

EDIT: Looking around the site, there may just be an unlimited 4G data plan for $80 for the first line and $60 for the second? That's new to me, but it looks right.
http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/family.html#tab-navigation

For those "stashing" is the reason you are overpaying in theory (paying for more than you need) offset by the couple of times you go over in a year? I'd be curious to see if that overage is greater than the money you would save by reducing your plan to something more realistic usage wise?

I got to play with it in Vegas and was impressed. Only issue with ESPN is there is no record or pause option, only live. All of the other stations had a 72 hour window to go back and view past programs.

That sucks. Hopefully they'll change that down the road. Can't always be home for a full game at once.

I have the family tmobile unlimited everything for $100, 125 after tax. 2.5 gb per line. It is a great plan. Plus live in area where 4G lte is around.

I have the family tmobile unlimited everything for $100, 125 after tax. 2.5 gb per line. It is a great plan. Plus live in area where 4G lte is around.

How many lines do you have? If it is just two lines, you should be able to get 3 gigs per line with the data stash for the same $100.

And yes, MD, I am paying for more data than I need. but for 10 bucks more for my line (Jacqui is still on the 1 gig plan), which is still 10 bucks less than when I went to this new plan, it's worth it to me. I'd rather do it this way than to have to keep track and get the extra data when I need it. And for me, this plan is effectively unlimited.

But I can't argue with your post, just explaining why I do it.

For those "stashing" is the reason you are overpaying in theory (paying for more than you need) offset by the couple of times you go over in a year? I'd be curious to see if that overage is greater than the money you would save by reducing your plan to something more realistic usage wise?

I looked at that since I won't be on 4g most of the time anyway, why bother paying for the extra 4g I won't use.

Talked to Verizon when I swapped the wife's phone about upgrading her to a smart phone, upping my data to 10gb & with her phone expense it came out to 145 which is $5 cheaper than current. It works out to 100 for the plan & 45 for the two phones this is roughly the same as I'd pay with T-Mobile, need to check into sprint though and see what they'll do then call Verizon.

It will be wall mounted on a swivel bracket. I would say 25-30 feet max. Seriously considering this one: http://www.costco.com/Vizio-65"-Cla...mart-LED-HDTV-D650i-B2.product.100149241.html

I think I'm 13 feet from my 51" and it's borderline too small. I've read to go 3-4" per 1 foot but I honestly think 5" is perfect but that's all preference.

I really want to go 65" in my family room and move the 51 to the bedroom.

At 30 feet I would want a 100" projector screen lol...

It will be wall mounted on a swivel bracket. I would say 25-30 feet max. Seriously considering this one: http://www.costco.com/Vizio-65"-Cla...mart-LED-HDTV-D650i-B2.product.100149241.html

We have this guys slightly older non-LED cousin in 55" from Costco. Had it about two years. Been great. Only complaint is it takes a full minute to warm up when turning on. I'm sure the one you're looking at is probably better at that. Great picture.

And that's what we paid for ours back then. I should swap it for the extra 10 inches. :)

For any TV people...

Best Buy has the Vizio 4k TV's on sale.

55" - $999.99
60 and 65" - $1,499.99

I can't remember the 70" price off hand.

Not bad if you're wanting to go the 4k route right now. Just thought I'd share since I was just in Best Buy at lunch and almost got in a lot of trouble with that sale...

For any TV people...

Best Buy has the Vizio 4k TV's on sale.

55" - $999.99
60 and 65" - $1,499.99

I can't remember the 70" price off hand.

Not bad if you're wanting to go the 4k route right now. Just thought I'd share since I was just in Best Buy at lunch and almost got in a lot of trouble with that sale...

Solid deals there those are nice tvs. Huge thread over on avs forums about them

Well that escalated quickly.

e94872145e92cbc92634e373b93c098c.jpg

Dammit cookie. I need a new TV now,

My friend got that TV I think (65" Vizio) a couple weeks ago. It looks awesome in person. Solid choice!

When it comes to TV size it always looks super big when you first get it and then after a while you wouldn't go any smaller. I went from a 32 to a 50 and now I look at the 50 and think "yeah a 65 would be nice"

When it comes to TV size it always looks super big when you first get it and then after a while you wouldn't go any smaller. I went from a 32 to a 50 and now I look at the 50 and think "yeah a 65 would be nice"
We went from 32 to 52 seven years ago. Still have that sucker, but pondering going to 70 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back