Playing for Change - Connecting the World Through Music

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
I was introduced to Playing for Change a few days ago, and have been hooked on the music. If you are even a slight fan of music, I encourage you to check this out.

Their YouTube channel has some amazing stuff, and the music is fantastic. Hard to explain, but this will better explain...

Playing For Change was born in 2002 as a shared vision between co-founders, Mark Johnson, Raan Williams and Whitney Kroenke, to hit the streets of America with a mobile recording studio and cameras in search of inspiration and the heartbeat of the people. Producers Johnson and Enzo Buono traveled around the world to places including New Orleans, Barcelona, South Africa, India, Nepal, the Middle East and Ireland. Using mobile recording equipment, the duo recorded local musicians performing the same song, interpreted in their own style. Among the artists participating or openly involved in the project are Vusi Mahlasela, Louis Mhlanga, Clarence Bekker, David Guido Pietroni, Tal Ben Ari (Tula), Bono, Keb' Mo', David Broza, Manu Chao, Grandpa Elliott, Keith Richards, Toots Hibbert from Toots & the Maytals, Taj Mahal and Stephen Marley. This resulted in the award-winning documentary A Cinematic Discovery of Street Musicians.

Playing for Change

And enjoy;

• [video=youtube;Us-TVg40ExM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM[/video]

Man thats cool, awesome that these guys are able to capture this talent. Looking at their site theres quite a few videos out there like this one, might have to check them out

Man thats cool, awesome that these guys are able to capture this talent. Looking at their site theres quite a few videos out there like this one, might have to check them out
And crazy how they did it. Traveled all over with a mobile recording stuido, then mashed them all together.

This is absolutely incredible! Thanks for sharing!

That's really cool and clever!

That's awesome. Going to look the website in a bit

Thank you for sharing this... I am now hooked! and subscribed to their Youtube

Seriously amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that was great and really well done. Thanks for sharing.

They've been around for a few years now, they even travel and perform concerts. Great stuff! I've been a fan for years. Checkout their Facebook presence too...

Back