Okay, my first new bag in 20 years is not working out - What should I look at next?

@Chris

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought a Callaway Org 14 and it's just not working for me....

Grips hang up trying to get them in and out the slots.

Not having a stand has become a PITA at the range;

The HANDLE is on the wrong side - if you set it down using the carry handle all the pockets are in the grass.

The insulated pouch is not...

It has more pockets than I need... It has so many I LOST a box of balls for a week.

I do like the red zippers on the valuables pocket, key clip, putter well.

I don't know that I need 14 slots. If I can't get one that the grips go in and out fine... I want the Woods to each have a home...and the putter. The rest I'm not hard over on...

Just reading around here I've started a list:
Sun-mountain-c-130-s
Callaway HL5 ( unless it has the same issues...)
NIKE AIR HYBRID II CARRY STAND

I ride mostly...but I want a stand and straps so if I decide to walk a quick 9, I can... Also want the bag to stand on it's own on the range and in the garage.

I'm leaning toward the C-130 because of the comments here on THP. :cool:

But I'm looking for more input before I make another $200 mistake..:bulgy-eyes:

I'm surprised that it doesn't stay standing up which leads to a few of your issues.

I've resigned myself to the fact that my grips/shafts are going to get tangled in a stand/carry bag and try not to let it annoy me.

The handle is on the right side..you just need a caddie to keep it upright for you if the bag won't stand by itself.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. Personally, I think bags are as much a personal preference as clubs, grips, and any other part of your setup.

I am on my 3rd bag this season, and I am back to the very first one I had out of all of them. An older Ogio bag with the Woode top. Smaller bag, not a crazy amount of storage, but just enough for me.

14 way isn't always the way to go. I had a C130 cart bag that I loved look wise, but it just didn't work out for me.

I am not sure I entirely trust my Cally HL5 stand bag. It had a weird issue with the stand pivot rivot not being installed correctly as received, and I fixed it on course and have been suspicious since it will fail prematurely. The bag is nice, dividers not full length and kinda iffy (need to be better) , drink pouch is not very insulated, stand action and hardware is suspect.

Did you buy this on impulse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the c130s. It checks a lot of boxes for me. I honestly can't see myself changing unless another brand does something similar. If it had a dual strap system it would be an even more perfect bag for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of that list, and I've had all of them, I'd get the Nike Air Hybrid II. It's a more compact 14-way bag that is very, very well built. Good luck finding one though because a lot of vendors have sold out.

Of that list, and I've had all of them, I'd get the Nike Air Hybrid II. It's a more compact 14-way bag that is very, very well built. Good luck finding one though because a lot of vendors have sold out.

You seem to go through a lot of bags - so I'm interested to know what's your current favorite? Still Nike?

You seem to go through a lot of bags - so I'm interested to know what's your current favorite? Still Nike?

Yeah....I've gone through too many this year. For everyone's entertainment, here's the list.

Nike Performance Stand Bag (2012ish version) - Sold because I wanted to upgrade
Nike Air Hybrid II - Fit well on the 3.5+ for a stand bag, plenty of storage and looked good. It's smaller diameter (9.5" IIRC) and that's about the only issue with it. Returned because I'm a moron.
SM C130 (2015) - Had second thoughts after hearing I'd have to rearrange the clubs and returned it. Oh the irony.
Callaway Fusion 14 - Looks great, has unique features (alignment stick holder), but quality is lacking. If you have midsize grips don't even waste your time.
Callaway HL5 - See above and add clubs get tangled like crazy.
Clicgear B3 (2015 version) - Fit the push cart perfectly, plenty of storage, looks good, but fits like sh!t on riding carts.
SM Four 5 - Quality bag with everything you'd expect, but fits poorly on push carts.
Titleist 14-way Stand Bag - This was the best fitting stand bag on the 3.5+. 14-way divider is only up top so clubs still got tangled. I was impressed with the overall quality of the bag.
SM C130S - Individual 14 way dividers, tons of storage, legs for the range, easy to carry, but fit like absolutely trash on the 3.5+ even with the bag cozy.
SM C130 Black Series - Ballistic nylon, heavy duty zippers, individual dividers, solid base, great fit on the 3.5+ and it looks amazing. On a push cart the clubs do have to be rearranged, but that's life.

I know....ridiculous. In terms of quality, the Black Series C130 is way better than any other bag on that list. It fits perfectly on my Clicgear 3.5+, but of course I have to rearrange the clubs so they're not 'backwards' on the push cart. I'm using it on a cart for the first time tomorrow where I'm sure it will be fine because after all it is a cart bag. I do think the Nike Air Hybrid II bag is the best from the list and I swapped because I'm looking for something that doesn't exist....the perfect bag. I've got gripes about the current bag already, but at this point I'm tired of switching so I'm doing my best to keep my OCD at bay. Until the 2017 bags are released that is :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah....I've gone through too many this year. For everyone's entertainment, here's the list.

Nike Air Hybrid II - Fit well on the 3.5+ for a stand bag, plenty of storage and looked good. It's smaller diameter (9.5" IIRC) and that's about the only issue with it. Returned because I'm a moron.
SM C130 (2015) - Had second thoughts after hearing I'd have to rearrange the clubs and returned it. Oh the irony.
Callaway Fusion 14 - Looks great, has unique features (alignment stick holder), but quality is lacking. If you have midsize grips don't even waste your time.
Clicgear B3 (2015 version) - Fit the push cart perfectly, plenty of storage, looks good, but fits like sh!t on riding carts.
SM Four 5 - Quality bag with everything you'd expect, but first poorly on push carts.
Titleist 14-way Stand Bag - This was the best fitting stand bag on the 3.5+. 14-way divider is only up top so clubs still got tangled. I was impressed with the overall quality of the bag.
SM C130S - Individual 14 way dividers, tons of storage, legs for the range, easy to carry, but fit like absolutely trash on the 3.5+ even with the bag cozy.
SM C130 Black Series - Ballistic nylon, heavy duty zippers, individual dividers, solid base, great fit on the 3.5+ and it looks amazing. On a push cart the clubs do have to be rearranged, but that's life.

I know....ridiculous. In terms of quality, the Black Series C130 is way better than any other bag on that list. It fits perfectly on my Clicgear 3.5+, but of course I have to rearrange the clubs so they're not 'backwards' on the push cart. I'm using it on a cart for the first time tomorrow where I'm sure it will be fine because after all it is a cart bag. I do think the Nike Air Hybrid II bag is the best from the list and I swapped because I'm looking for something that doesn't exist....the perfect bag. I've got gripes about the current bag already, but at this point I'm tired of switching so I'm doing my best to keep my OCD at bay. Until the 2017 bags are released that is :wink:
I can see your ocd lasting about 2 rounds... Then it'll be for sale pending another new bag arrival. Hehhehe

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I can see your ocd lasting about 2 rounds... Then it'll be for sale pending another new bag arrival. Hehhehe

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I deserve to get my balls busted! And I'm in the position I'm in for expecting too much from the bags I think. The clubs in the bag are what do all the work anyway :D

SM Four 5 - Quality bag with everything you'd expect, but first poorly on push carts.

So I should wait a few days and I can pick up a Black Series C130 in the classifieds!? :laughing:

Thanks for the detailed reply! :D

If I wasn't on a push cart EVER would you still say Nike? I'll be on a cart, range or....once in a blue moon in the winter I'll walk 9.

I researched before I bought the ORG but it's just not working.... I really like the look and feature set of that C-130S Black.:D

So I should wait a few days and I can pick up a Black Series C130 in the classifieds!? :laughing:

Thanks for the detailed reply! :D

If I wasn't on a push cart EVER would you still say Nike? I'll be on a cart, range or....once in a blue moon in the winter I'll walk 9.

I researched before I bought the ORG but it's just not working.... I really like the look and feature set of that C-130S Black.:D

If (when) I sell it, I'll do it on eBay to avoid ridicule :wink:

If you don't use a push cart, than the C130S will serve you well!

And if you do use a push cart and do not want to have to flip the clubs around try the SM Sync bag.

And if you do use a push cart and do not want to have to flip the clubs around try the SM Sync bag.

Funny you mention that because I've been looking at that exact bag

PM me the EBAY link when you do, I'll keep the secret. :D

...I'll start looking for a deal on the C130S :cool:

I love my C130... Even on my Clicgear 3.5+

Hicksta,
I use a C130 on both my Clicgear and when riding and never changed the order of my clubs??? Next time we play you'll have to show me what I'm missing.

Back on topic, check out the C130S it sounds like it might be what you're looking for.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hicksta,
I use a C130 on both my Clicgear and when riding and never changed the order of my clubs??? Next time we play you'll have to show me what I'm missing.

Back on topic, check out the C130S it sounds like it might be what you're looking for.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I'm glad I was playing solo today because I was messing with the setup for the first 5 holes :bulgy-eyes:

I'm on mobile now so I can't easily find the thread to post the link.

But I have a like new Nexus 15 on the MP for almost half of $200

Global golf has some closeouts on SM C130S bags for $150. Mine will be delivered on Monday.

I really lie the Ogio bags. Very well designed IMO

The Ping Traverse fit is fantastic on my Tour Trek cart. It's a cart bag though.

I haven't seen stand bags that fit that great on push carts. I have a Nike Sport III stand bag that fits ok, but tends to twist a bit.

Dave

Back