Boston_golfer

Reaction score
I've been noticing more and more that sometimes after a round of golf I have pain in some fingers for a few days after. Usually it's the left pointing finger, and sometimes the right ring finger. It feels like a milder version of a finger jam, but still painfull nonetheless. Is this caused by some swing flaw or something?

I've been battling that myself for a couple months. Mine is the right (lower) hand ring finger and a touch of the middle. I believe mine was a result of gripping too tightly and putting too much torque on those fingers with a vardon grip. I started icing them after every round or range session. I picked up an ice pack kit specifically for fingers at the local Pharmacy. They work perfectly. Regular ice packs don't fit on the area well so these really allow you to slip it over the finger and go about your business. I also bought some KT tape and messed around with various ways to tape it. KT tape is flexible tape and allows the joint to be mobile versus regular athletic tape that's stiff and limits movement. That also helped.

It's pretty much gone at this point just some lost round soreness. I really only aggregate it when I catch a shot really thin.

Other than that, rest helped a ton too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did have some finger sprains in the past, usually my left thumb. This was caused by yanking the club down at the top of the backswing when I was using the interlocking grip.

I've lost all finger sprains since I changed to the ten-fingered grip.

Back