Clean clubs when posting pictures

tvrepairex

Reaction score
Handicap
Don't mean to insult anyone, but just wondering after looking at clubs for sale here and also on Ebay,why do a lot of guys NOT go to the trouble of cleaning their clubs before taking pictures of them to post.I see clubs that I may be interested in,but it's really hard to tell their true condition.Also,I wonder if the seller can't be bothered trying to present them in the best way possible for sale,how have they been taken care of in the course of normal usage.I guess the pictures kind of answers the second question for me.I have always been told that you should make anything you are trying to sell look the best you can to get the best price you can,whether it is a used car,furniture or golf clubs.

Lol..
Can I add to this? Yes, ok!
When your taking pics and pointing the camera downward and your feet are in the picture, that's a problem. Put some damn socks on or shoes or don't get your bare feet in the pics. Most people don't take care of their feet hygiene which I find repulsive when their pictured or not pictured..

I often wonder about this too...and the feet pics also. LMAO.

Tell you what, you don't have to buy dirty clubs or buy from peeps who have feet exposed. Problem solved!

Really, I like that they do it, it might eliminate some buyers and get me a better price. WIN!

Tell you what, you don't have to buy dirty clubs or buy from peeps who have feet exposed. Problem solved!

Actually, the clubs should really be clean if they are in the Marketplace. Otherwise you don't know if something is hidden behind the dirt.

We won't even get into the feet in the pics part!

Actually, the clubs should really be clean. Otherwise you don't know if something is hidden behind the dirt.

It's not a rule and if people don't want to take the time, it's on them.

I kind of agree with the OP, but everybody is different.

Actually, the clubs should really be clean if they are in the Marketplace. Otherwise you don't know if something is hidden behind the dirt.

Correct. I would not buy a dirty club. I was looking at used clubs at Golfsmith in Indy a few weeks ago, and many of them were dirty, while the staff stands around talking. Good thing I'm not in charge..........

It's not a rule and if people don't want to take the time, it's on them.

You're right. It's not a rule. But like I said, things can be hidden. If people don't care, then let them be surprised when they get the club. I agree if it bothers someone, then don't buy it. But in my opinion, they should be cleaned up. You're selling something, don't you want it to look good? Unless it looks like crap, then keep it dirty.

You're right. It's not a rule. But like I said, things can be hidden. If people don't care, then let them be surprised when they get the club. I agree if it bothers someone, then don't buy it. But in my opinion, they should be cleaned up. You're selling something, don't you want it to look good? Unless it looks like crap, then keep it dirty.

Smalls my point is that it's up to the seller. If they don't care enough then it's their loss. I don't buy dirty clubs nor would I look at them. Too many other options available.

As to the dirty clubs...simple answer is they are lazy. There's simply no other excuse.

As to the nasty @$$ feet in pictures...it speaks to somebody who doesn't understand how to create a good picture designed to gather interest in the item being sold. Frankly I don't understand how somebody can take the picture and then decide to post it without editing or taking another picture. I suppose that's laziness too.

Lol..
Can I add to this? Yes, ok!
When your taking pics and pointing the camera downward and your feet are in the picture, that's a problem. Put some damn socks on or shoes or don't get your bare feet in the pics. Most people don't take care of their feet hygiene which I find repulsive when their pictured or not pictured..

Lol thank you! This has been a pet peeve of mine for years; glad to hear I am not alone. I won't even consider clubs from these guys. Surprising how many I see like this too.

How about not having a shot of putters from directly above? Drives me nuts. Wouldn't you want someone to like what they see at address?

Pretty funny.

I have thought the same on both point several times.

Smalls my point is that it's up to the seller. If they don't care enough then it's their loss. I don't buy dirty clubs nor would I look at them. Too many other options available.

So then you're okay with feet.

I agree with the OP. I am not plunking down my hard earned money to a seller that does not even clean clubs before listing the item for sale. Want to see exactly what I am buying

I agree with the OP. I am not plunking down my hard earned money to a seller that does not even clean clubs before listing the item for sale. Want to see exactly what I am buying

Me too.

Don't mean to insult anyone, but just wondering after looking at clubs for sale here and also on Ebay,why do a lot of guys NOT go to the trouble of cleaning their clubs before taking pictures of them to post.I see clubs that I may be interested in,but it's really hard to tell their true condition.Also,I wonder if the seller can't be bothered trying to present them in the best way possible for sale,how have they been taken care of in the course of normal usage.I guess the pictures kind of answers the second question for me.I have always been told that you should make anything you are trying to sell look the best you can to get the best price you can,whether it is a used car,furniture or golf clubs.
Right on. There have been times members here have had clubs I would have bought if they would have been cleaned for the pics.
I have bought clubs off of this site that were clean in the pics and cleaner when the arrived. If they were dirty in the pics I would have passed them up.
Clean clubs will sell more for the price sellers ask. Dirty clubs won't.

How about not having a shot of putters from directly above? Drives me nuts. Wouldn't you want someone to like what they see at address?
This is also drives me nuts. Along with out of focus pics - lazy? Or hiding something?

I've saved lots of money buying dirty clubs on ebay.:act-up:

Really, I like that they do it, it might eliminate some buyers and get me a better price. WIN!

^^^This^^^ can usually get a good price if they aren't clean.

Last time I sold some clubs I had polished them and cleaned them up. got a good price for them. I had a Mercedes-Benz Bettinardi, that was brass, polished it up with some polish, made her glow, got a great price on it. It actually came out looking so good I almost regretted selling it.

but i just got my toes did lmao

Just thought I would bump this thread...

Back