FS: Cleaning Out the Closet - Cheap Irons, Wedges, and Others...

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm piecing together a new bag and need to acquire some final pieces...so everything in the golf closet needs to go. All prices include shipping in CONUS.

1.) Titlest 990 irons - 3-Pw - DG S300u Sensicore shafts - Mamiya Tour PC grips
- Reshafted as evident by two different types of ferrules, standard LLL, but 5 iron has been butt trimmed about an inch short. Will include an additional matching grip in plastic, incase you want to reshaft the 5 iron. Will also include 9 new shaft bands from TT.
Price: $60 shipped CONUS Listed on eBay as well.

2.) Boccieri Golf - Heavy Putter - E3-DF - Winn Lite Triple Line Jumbo Grip
- Played for 2 rounds. Grip is stained from coming in and out of the bag, but in like new condition.
- Will include head cover that is pretty worn.
Price: $40 shipped Listed on eBay as well.

3.) Callaway BBA 9.0* - Head only - No tip
- Has a few sky marks on the crown, but nothing noticeable from address.
- Also has a bit of sole wear.
Price: SOLD to Mango Smash

4.) Scratch Forged DS - 56* - KBS Tour V shaft - GP Tour Velvet grip
- Purchased last week, and have hit two practice balls with it.
- I've decided not to carry a 56 in the bag, so no need for it.
- Shaft band is torn, but it appears that it is a KBS Tour V.
Price: $30 shipped

5.) Adams Super DHy Proto - 21* - Matrix White Tie hx3 R Flex - Golf Pride CP2 Wrap
- Played this season.
- Face shows considerable finish wear.
- Shaft and Grip are like new.
Price: SOLD

6.) Taylormade Rescue Mid - 2h 16* - TM Light Metal Stiff shaft
- Acquired from a friend to try, decided I'd rather play a 3w.
Price: $20 shipped Listed on eBay as well.

7.) Ben Hogan Edge CFT - 5h 27* - Apex Edge Lightweight Graphite 3 flex
- Another trial club.
- Great feeling club, I just dont need a 5h.
Price: $20 shipped Listed on eBay as well.

Will do $30 on the remaining two hybrids.

8.) Ben Hogan Apex Plus - 3 & 4 iron - Lamkin Wraps - Apex Constant Weight Graphite 3 flex
- Bought these from same friend to try, as I was considering them for part of a combo set. Went with Apex Edge irons instead.
Price: Moved to eBay.

9.) Ben Hogan Bounce Sole 1+ - 4, 6, & E iron - Apex 2 steel shafts
- Saved these from the trift the other day.
- Nice keepsake for anyone fund of Hogan irons. I'd keep them myself, but besideds what is listed hear, I already have another 5 sets of irons and 10 putters in this closet.
Price: Moved to eBay.

Additional wedges will be added later.

Thank you for looking

Last edited:
PM sent on Adams 21*

I played some of the best golf of my life with those Titleist irons. Are you sure that the shafts are S300U? I think the heads accepted taper tips and would need to have been bored out to use a parallel tip.

The shaft bands read S300U, but I haven't actually measured the shaft at the tip. I'll give it a measure this evening when I get home, and get back to you. Maybe someone else applied shaft bands after the first set wore out, and they misapplied them. Don't the S300U shafts read S300U on one end and S300 on the other, and depending on which end you fold over the other, it could appear that they are S300U when in fact they're S300?

That is probably indeed what happened, I think you are correct about the labels differing based on which side overlaps the other. I'm pretty sure mine came stock with DGs.

Back