Jason Day or Dustin Johnson

Both players at their very best I chose Jason Day every time. His short game and putter are untouchable when they are on, but he's streaky.

If the question was more wins over the course of any given year I would go with Dustin Johnson. His length and wedge game week in and week out will net him multiple wins even when he's not firing on all cylinders.

I would take DJ if there were both on top of their games. He just has that unflappable air about him. Jason tends to wear his emotions on his sleeve.

But isn't the emotions part of it (on the bad end) something that wouldn't be included in "at his best"? I'm just thinking back to the PGA championship last year. No human being on the planet could have beaten him. Even 100% DJ. He was unconscious.

Has DJ ever had a win like that? I really don't know - maybe I'm just forgetting. But I feel like most of his big wins, someone else is right there too. His major he won from Lowry blowing it. This past playoff win he won but had Casey on his heels the whole time.

At their absolute bests? DJ. The thing is we see that level from Day more often.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I guess your Day fan, ok. Not sure how you can with such certainty that DJ couldn't have hung at his best. We have never seen them go head to head at their best. DJ has more tour wins and the same amount of majors. He has also been in position to win more majors than Day.

The simple fact is that, the person that plays the best wins. There is nothing on the trophy about Paul Casey nipping at his heals.
But isn't the emotions part of it (on the bad end) something that wouldn't be included in "at his best"? I'm just thinking back to the PGA championship last year. No human being on the planet could have beaten him. Even 100% DJ. He was unconscious.

Has DJ ever had a win like that? I really don't know - maybe I'm just forgetting. But I feel like most of his big wins, someone else is right there too. His major he won from Lowry blowing it. This past playoff win he won but had Casey on his heels the whole time.

Jason Day!! I met DUSTIN and wouldn't pick him to be my favorite anything!!!

DJ for the win

DJ all day for me

That's interesting to me, looking at both of their margin of victories they seem to be similar, outside of Days two playoff wins last year.

They both won their majors by 3 strokes.

That's interesting to me, looking at both of their margin of victories they seem to be similar, outside of Days two playoff wins last year.

They both won their majors by 3 strokes.

Oh that's definitely interesting then because I was remembering that wrong haha. Oh well.

I guess your Day fan, ok. Not sure how you can with such certainty that DJ couldn't have hung at his best. We have never seen them go head to head at their best. DJ has more tour wins and the same amount of majors. He has also been in position to win more majors than Day.

The simple fact is that, the person that plays the best wins. There is nothing on the trophy about Paul Casey nipping at his heals.

My bad Freddie I wasn't remembering it correctly. Which honestly would make it more of a toss up for me, but I still take Day. But yep, no argument from me there at all for anyone saying DJ.

I'll take Rory at his best over either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Day

JDay, I think he's the better putter and has the better short game.
I would agree, but if they were both playing at their best that would mean DJ would have a hot putter and add that to his length and wedge game, its scary how good DJ can be.

Wow, this is a TOUGH question. I'd go DJ though. Dude is simply a freak of nature!

I would have to go with Day. He has a better overall game and distinctly better in putting. He can get the ball down the fairway a good distance as well.

Mallet. Duh.
I'm not sure there's a player out there right now that can own a course like DJ when his putter is on. And based on what we saw last weekend, the putter change is working beautifully.

I think it would be a fantastic match to see them both firing on all cylinders but I'm taking DJ.

I'm not sure there's a player out there right now that can own a course like DJ when his putter is on. And based on what we saw last weekend, the putter change is working beautifully.

I think it would be a fantastic match to see them both firing on all cylinders but I'm taking DJ.

Agreed. If DJ continues to putt like he did last week I thinks he's as close to unstoppable as Tiger was in his run and DJ is competing against arguably better talent.

Agreed. If DJ continues to putt like he did last week I thinks he's as close to unstoppable as Tiger was in his run and DJ is competing against arguably better talent.

Give or take a case off the pulls (see: PGA Championship), I'd agree. I want to see him win the championship and win POTY.

Back