The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got home from Kansas City and found one of my new friends and first person I met at my new club had died. Before I left, he had been complaining of a sore foot, and after a couple of trips to his doctor, they put him in the hospital thinking it was a severe case of gout. While there they apparently began testing him for a lot of things and an MRI revealed spots on his liver. They suspected liver cancer and took a biopsy which turned out to be negative. They were already medicating him for pain and gout, and began meds for his liver (?), While taking all these meds, he had what they thought was a mild stroke, but again that turned out to be negative. A day later, while still taking all these meds and for the most part semi conscious because of it, they said he had a brain hemorrhage, and a day later he died. Pretty sure that if my foot starts hurting, there's NFW I'm letting them put me in the effing hospital. I'll just limp.

Really sorry to hear Ken. That's a really crazy/scary story.

Got home from Kansas City and found one of my new friends and first person I met at my new club had died. Before I left, he had been complaining of a sore foot, and after a couple of trips to his doctor, they put him in the hospital thinking it was a severe case of gout. While there they apparently began testing him for a lot of things and an MRI revealed spots on his liver. They suspected liver cancer and took a biopsy which turned out to be negative. They were already medicating him for pain and gout, and began meds for his liver (?), While taking all these meds, he had what they thought was a mild stroke, but again that turned out to be negative. A day later, while still taking all these meds and for the most part semi conscious because of it, they said he had a brain hemorrhage, and a day later he died. Pretty sure that if my foot starts hurting, there's NFW I'm letting them put me in the effing hospital. I'll just limp.

Sorry to hear that, Ken.

Sorry to hear that, Ken.

That's awful. Sorry to hear it

Ken, so sorry for you loss. And don't go anywhere near that hospital.

My minor rant is the camera on my phone won't focus on objects farther away than a foot or so, I need to get this sorted out before I leave Wednesday for #THPLegacy.

Sorry buddy. A hitch in the giddy up seems like a good plan.

Wow Ken. Thst is horrible and scary. I'm very sorry to hear thst. Thoughts and prayers to you and his family.

Dog knocked my IPad off the coffee table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dog knocked my IPad off the coffee table.

im guessing broke...,since you posted this

sorry to to hear I had a similar stupid accident with mine last year. This ons has a new hard cover on it.

im guessing broke...,since you posted this

sorry to to hear I had a similar stupid accident with mine last year. This ons has a new hard cover on it.

Yep.

Sorry to hear that Ken.

His iPad is broke Jrod! Look up a few posts skimmer!

I think Jrod was pointing out that the post was made from his ipad...

I think Jrod was pointing out that the post was made from his ipad...
Oh he got me. Sorry Jrod, your the best

I can't believe that in this day in age I was in a place with spotty to none cell coverage. 8 days of being cutoff from THP sucked. Trying to figure out what has been going on is going to be painful. The only upside is I did 7 rounds in 5 days with a silent cell phone.

Since we were away at the lake this weekend, I was checking my phone pretty sporadically.
Text Message from my parents: "Phone us when you have time to talk"

I finally get cell coverage, give them a call, and they tell me my Grandfather passed on Saturday night in his sleep. Very sudden, but at least he was not in pain. One day he was fine, the next gone. 90 years old, and I still had so many questions I never got to ask him.

I can't believe that in this day in age I was in a place with spotty to none cell coverage. 8 days of being cutoff from THP sucked. Trying to figure out what has been going on is going to be painful. The only upside is I did 7 rounds in 5 days with a silent cell phone.

LOL, was that Killarney? I absolutely hate the southern part of Manitoba because of the lack of coverage. As soon as you get off the Trans-Canada highway the coverage disappears.

Sorry for your losses, Brad & Ken. Tough news.

My very minor rant in comparison with everything else going on in here - dehydration. I walked 9 on a hilly course without much shade today, I went through 3 water bottles while walking but I'm still very dehydrated. Headaches, a bit of dizziness here and there, just feeling very lethargic and crappy. I go back to work tomorrow after a week's worth of vacation, and I hope that I'm feeling better by then.

My hhjj is no longer. Master bath not done and need a re-work because tile guys are lazy, shower doors not in yet, kitchen still needs grout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back