What are you reading?

Finished the first two in the divergent series in a weekend, ordered the 3rd with low expectations.

Third isn't horrible dude, I enjoyed it. But, the first two were just really really solid and tough to follow up IMO.

Third isn't horrible dude, I enjoyed it. But, the first two were just really really solid and tough to follow up IMO.
Good news, what I saw online was brutal. I haven't read two books that fast in years. I really enjoyed them, especially the first.

Good news, what I saw online was brutal. I haven't read two books that fast in years. I really enjoyed them, especially the first.

Just take it for what it is. Honestly, I think the biggest thing/knock for many is b/c of the change in writing style/perspective, you'll see what I mean.

I blew through the first two as well, enjoyed the hell out of them, the third though took me a bit to finish, but I was glad I did.

I am not ashamed. I downloaded "Deadpool: Classics Vol. 2" on my tablet. That's what I'm reading.

over the weekend I really dove in to Hogan by Curt Sampson. What an interesting man that Hogan was. About 70 pages to go. Really have enjoyed it.

Have you read Miracle at Merion? That's a really good one too.

Ben Hogan's Five Lessons. Really enjoying it so far.

Have you read Miracle at Merion? That's a really good one too.

Not yet. But I probably will. I had Hogan's career all wrong. I thought most of his major wins were before his accident. Pretty much the opposite. He was a late bloomer and a guy who couldn't win. They talk quite a bit about Nelson in the book too early on.

Ben Hogan's Five Lessons. Really enjoying it so far.

until now, that was the only hogan book I ever read.

Another really good one from that era is The Match. Ken Venturi, Nelson, Hogan, etc. It was one of my favorites. Better than M at M.

The little book of alternative investments.

I'm a big fan of Phil Demuth and this book is a great read for those who take interest in their own investments.

Another really good one from that era is The Match. Ken Venturi, Nelson, Hogan, etc. It was one of my favorites. Better than M at M.

Great read!

I think pretty much everything by Frost is awesome. Love the way he melds historical perspective, personal stories, and the game.

I listened to the audiobook on my way back from Minnesota. It is really good!

Genghis Khan and the making of the modern world

I'm currently struggling to find something to read. A couple items on my hold list via e-library. Last book I finished was Columbine by David Cullen. It was good.

Now I'm reading just floating around. The online selections aren't that good from our library. Got something by Ted Dekker, who I normally like, but it's sort of fantasy genre and I'm not really into that.

Waiting for this book to come in.

The Last Battle tells the nearly unbelievable story of the unlikeliest battle of the war, when a small group of American tankers, led by Captain Lee, joined forces with German soldiers to fight off fanatical SS troops seeking to capture Castle Itter and execute the stronghold's VIP prisoners. It is a tale of unlikely allies, startling bravery, jittery suspense, and desperate combat between implacable enemies.

It's another baseball season, so I'm re-reading "Little League Confidential". It's a must-read for anyone who's coaching their kids, regardless of the sport. The cast of characters can be found on nearly every team it seems!

David Peltz this morning. Heading out a bit later to practice my pitching and then play at 11:44.

I'm working through the John Sandford "Prey" series. Lucas Davenport is a good main character, and has a great supporting cast.

I just finished Medicine Walk by Richard Wagamese. It is the story of a young, part-indian country boy's coming of age as he takes his dying father (who abandoned him at birth) to a place in the mountains where he wants to die. Along the way the father tries to explain to his son why he left, and gives some accounting of the lousy life he'd led. It was a very good read.

It took me a bit to finish the final book in the divergent series. It wasn't awful, but was not nearly as compelling as the first two. I would still recommend the series.

Just finished the last picture show by Larry Mcmurtry. It started awful and I nearly bailed, but it finished well enough to make it worth it. Lots of awkward sex, not my thing.

Starting The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth now, looking forward to this one.

It took me a bit to finish the final book in the divergent series. It wasn't awful, but was not nearly as compelling as the first two. I would still recommend the series.

Just finished the last picture show by Larry Mcmurtry. It started awful and I nearly bailed, but it finished well enough to make it worth it. Lots of awkward sex, not my thing.

Starting The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth now, looking forward to this one.
Precisely how I feel about the series and thought you would. The style and perspective change I wasn't a fan of, but it was a good series still,.

Precisely how I feel about the series and thought you would. The style and perspective change I wasn't a fan of, but it was a good series still,.
Yeah the perspective change was annoying at times, especially during the brief spurts of action. But I do see why she thought it necessary.

Little bit of Charles Bukowski.

Ben Hogan's Five Lessons just came in the mail yesterday, so I'll start that this evening.

I have been working on '41' about George H.W. Bush.

I am also half way through 'A Golfer's Life' about Arnie.

Recently finished 'The Masters' by Curt Sampson, 'The Big Miss' by Hank Haney, and 'Tour Confidential' by Ewan Porter. All were good reads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back