FLsandmaster

Reaction score
Handicap
20-25
My job has actually started a work league. Basically we play at a local course, who shuts down half the course just for us to play on(about 16-20 of us). Its 12 weeks and we mix it up every week could be match play, best ball etc. Does anybody else's job try to do anything with golf?
I'm knew here so if this is in the wrong place I apologize.

Mine does. :D
I kid of course, but I do enjoy my THP Events.

Theres has been talks of 1 here but nothing official yet. Not sure if id do it or not or just go home and play

I wish, but we do get out occasionally

Only have 5 people at my work so no...and I am the only one who plays golf here.

My office has a league. Thursday afternoons 9 hopes. We are guaranteed 18 weeks with the course and extra weeks over that are included in the price we pay. Something like 300 bucks for the season. Should be a fun time!

I work for a major automotive oem, and there are pretty much golf leagues for all the major skill teams. I play in the Purchasing Department League and love it. Not only is it fun to get out after work and golf, but its fun networking with coworkers out side of work. Also, there are some "high-ups" that play in the league too and its cool to get to know them because you never know how its going to help down the line work wise.

My workplace used to do this every year. Every year it was the same...for a few weeks there was a big turnout. Then fewer and fewer people showed up and by the time the season was over, there was only 10 or 12 of us that would show up. It hasn't been tried again in about 5 years.

We have one here, but this is the first year I've been eligible to join (was working from another office for the past couple of years). I think it is a great opportunity to go out and have fun with your coworkers in a mostly work-safe environment. :)

They close down a nine for four or five groups? Our leagues of that size are straight tee times. They get a break on the price, but we can't shut down play for a half hour to 45 minutes of tee times.

We have a work league. 10 teams of 2 in the A flight and the same in the B flight. We play the same course each week and alternate between front and back 9. Handicapped match play, 2 vs. 2 (a players and b players vs each other on each team). Each hole worth a point, and net low score worth a point. Halved holes worth .5 point. Team and individual points are both tracked throughout the season. Start in late April and end in early September.

It my companies first time trying this. So I guess it may take a week or 2 to work things out and see who is serious about it or not

Back