2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Walker / Oost.....n Louis has some work to do.

I think I shall retire for the evening.

Walker / Reed.......

You heard it here first......

JM

I picked Rose and Shane Lowry. Decent start so far.

(Now that I've publicly identified them, though...)

In all honesty, Fox has to do much, much worse than that to be on par with NBC's coverage the last 10 years or so.

For the most part, this has been a stellar broadcast.
I need to switch to the channel you are watching. I didn't see stellar. I think you went into a meeting every time they did one of those 20 minutes without golf.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

You realize fowler won the players right?
Don't forget that Rickie can call Butch whenever he wants, since Rickie already pays him for coaching.

Reed & Rose. Not a bad start :)

I need to switch to the channel you are watching. I didn't see stellar. I think you went into a meeting every time they did one of those 20 minutes without golf.

They're catering to me. And I'm fine with it.

Honestly, I'm just thrilled that I was able to see more people than Tiger, Rory and Ricky hit golf shots today. There was actual golf on during the US Open broadcast. Seems impossible after NBC butchered it for so long.

I only saw one bit about trains that was super lame. Especially since Mward's slightly taller Irish cousin was doing the narration.

I didn't have to constantly hear about a 63 at Oakmont 1,839,827,091 times today. So that was a plus.

Golf is hard...
I like the U.S. open because it reminds me that these guys are mortal, they are capable of going right under a ball in the rough or missing putts all over the place. I don't like the U.S. open because it's like watching a bunch of my buddies play with no command over the course. It's a double edge sword

QFT!

JM

I love watching really good golf.
The opportunity to watch bad golf? I just go play with my buddies. We all suck.
But today, other than Fowler's tee shot on 12, really did look like my buddies playing a normal round.
Without the crowd, that is....

Well they had to do something while everyone was backed up not hitting golf balls.

All of the technology and no Johnny Miller so far? A plus. I even like Buck and Norman. The other on course talent hasn't been very good. Will we see Natalie Gulbis running Belichick down at the half for an interview?

Oh and this course has made me cranky.

You stay cranky :alien:

Here's the deal with the course. I can play the course for $85 a round. I don't have the game to play that course.

1) March and April are usually a little warmer than they were this year. They were too cool to allow the fescue to grow well. Thus the fairways and greens don't have the texture they should. The greens are supposed to be fine fescue. We had rain and cool weather. Soil temperatures were too cool.

2) Then May hit. We had only two weeks where the fescue had ideal temperatures.

3) Then it got hot.... and dry.... except for one day a week when it rained. Then it would get hot and dry again. It was mid to upper 80s the last two weeks of May and dry. Record temperatures. Fescue does not do well when soil temperatures get over 75 F, but when it's nearly 90 F outside and baking you have problems. The fescue on the greens dies and poa annua starts to infest.

4) Then it got cool again. Temps in the low 60s for about a week.

5) Then it got very warm again with temps in the low 80s.

We're supposed to have temperatures in the upper 60s to low 70s this time of year. 80s are supposed to hit for a couple of weeks in August. Washington is in the middle of a drought. This is why that golf course looks like it does. They were unofficially worried about it since April.

You can see the poa annua in the greens because of the blotchy patches. Fescue doesn't grow like that. This is also why the greens are so unpredictable in the afternoon. Poa annua has no grain. It grows in clumps. The morning groups always will have an advantage on the greens right after they're mowed.

Plus with the heat we had, the ground is hard pan. We also use low bounce sand wedges. I carry an 8 and 10 bounce because our sand is heavy cement-like and not fluffy like in California.

This is a very tough course.

Sweet Jesus, Rickie...shot an 81 with an eagle...that's just awful.

I went with Reed and Fowler.... I got it half right lol

This is the kind of course where if you are even the slightest off coming off the tee you can have a really bad day. Will be interesting to see the tee times flip and have the morning guys go off in the afternoon. Seemed conditions got a lot more difficult in the afternoon.

Chamblee on his soapbox again, get ready for the ride. Duval saves this part of the show,I respect his opinion and his views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching and I see nothing wrong with Chamblee saying what he has said. There is a certain amount of empathy in his voice. Plus he is spot on with some of his points.

I've been watching and I see nothing wrong with Chamblee saying what he has said. There is a certain amount of empathy in his voice. Plus he is spot on with some of his points.

Agreed. He seems almost not wanting to say it, but the delivery is solid.

I'm actually starting to accept Chamblees Tiger tyrades, he's proving to be pretty accurate in his assessment lately or the Tiger fan in me is just coming to accept the end of an era.

After catching up on the last page or so, I'm wondering if I'm actually awake or still dream with all of this Chamblee acceptance.

Just curious. Did anyone select Tiger prior to the tournament in their picks for the contest in this thread?

Agreed. He seems almost not wanting to say it, but the delivery is solid.

I'm actually starting to accept Chamblees Tiger tyrades, he's proving to be pretty accurate in his assessment lately or the Tiger fan in me is just coming to accept the end of an era.
I was waiting to hate Chamble last night but he really was spot on with what he was saying. Still not a fan of his but when he's right he's right.

It's the US Open.......stop complaining and just go win it.

Not you of course but I'm already tired of hearing Sergio and others complain. I guarantee you the winner of this tournament won't say a bad thing about the course on Sunday.

Really? The guy getting the check for $1.6million won't complain?

Back