Golfsmith Files For Bankruptcy

I looked for the Z5 grips but the Golfsmith in my area didn't have them.

I did end up picking up a pair of the UA Tempo Tours for really cheap. Already marked down $20, I got them for 40% off of that.

Ours still has alot of clubs in stock. Only 25% off right now they don't seem to be moving, so it will be interesting to see if the % changes.

I was in my local Golfsmith in Columbus since it is a round the corner from my job and they had some Z5 grips in there. Most other decent grips are cleared out already like the CP2 pro I use but they still have some Lamkin and plenty of putter grips if anyone is looking for a GP Tour SNSR.

Tries calling both places around here cause need to get a set for my daughter for xmas but both lines disconnected:(

Sounds right. When I was in the Akron store before thanksgiving it said 7 days left.
Honestly other than apparel (30%) and grips (40%) off the pricing was a let down.
New clubs were only 10% off and used 30%.

Heck you could usually barter for more than 30% Off before the liquidation sale. I once bought a hybrid marked $159 for $95. That's 40% off. Salesguy I always worked with said he had authority to mark any used club down $60. Anything more required store Mgr.

I was in my local Golfsmith in Columbus since it is a round the corner from my job and they had some Z5 grips in there. Most other decent grips are cleared out already like the CP2 pro I use but they still have some Lamkin and plenty of putter grips if anyone is looking for a GP Tour SNSR.
It is odd that none of the golf stores around Indy have the Z5 grips. I am going to have to order them directly from Lamkin.

Golfsmith Files For Bankruptcy

My local Goldsmith in Vegas is still in liquidation mode. 25% off on new clubs. I was going to pick up a new putter for my son for Christmas, but they claimed their POS machines were down so they were only accepting cash and American Express. Seemed odd. I heard one guy say that it's been that way for a few days. Made me think that maybe it's intentional for some reason.

Last edited:
We went by the one in Arlington last night and the ball display was nearly empty. Kinda sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The corporate headquarters here in Austin is pretty sad too. It's kinda hard to believe how far Golfsmith has fallen. I've been going to that store and range for years but now it's just dying a slow death as they continue to sell off their remaining inventory.

Bought a new Ping G driver today for $160. 60% off. ??

Bought a new Ping G driver today for $160. 60% off. ??

You should have bought the entire lot and sold them on eBay. Pings hold value. Even used G's still fetch $230-300 depending on condition.
My local store closed when new was only 15 or 20% off

I missed the boat when Dicks clearanced out the K15 driver and fairways for $50 a pop. To this day you're still looking at $60-100 a pop used for the cult classic on eBay.

You should have bought the entire lot and sold them on eBay. Pings hold value. Even used G's still fetch $230-300 depending on condition.

I missed the boat when Dicks clearanced out the K15 driver and fairways for $50 a pop. To this day you're still looking at $60-100 a pop used for the cult classic on eBay.
Still time I guess! I'm hoping to secure a few more.

You know you have a golfing addiction when:

You start looking at liquidation sales of clubs and seeing arbitrage opportunities.....

Back