Golfsmith Files For Bankruptcy

How many Golfsmith stores are in close proximity to a Dick's or Golf Galaxy? Here in Columbus they are in the same shopping location within a mile of each other. I would think that store and others like it would be the ones that close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They just opened their first store in Las Vegas last year. I like it better than Golf Galaxy, hope it sticks around. The funny thing is it is right next door to a Sports Authority. Sucks to be that landlord.

How many Golfsmith stores are in close proximity to a Dick's or Golf Galaxy? Here in Columbus they are in the same shopping location within a mile of each other. I would think that store and others like it would be the ones that close.

Same here in Akron. They are in plazas across the street from each other.

Same here in Akron. They are in plazas across the street from each other.

In Nashville, the Golf Galaxy and the Golfsmith are about 15 miles from each other...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several Golfsmith's in Houston were/are closing. I was planning to head there today to get some clothes....hopefully for really cheap. Golf smith stores have been around in houston for a long time. Sad to see this, but I am probably one of the customers that didn't help by using them simply as a test drive center. I rarely buy golf equipment at these stores, and in fact, I have a been a big proponent of local country club having swing simulators to help drive golf equipment sales.

Probably 300 yards away from each other here in Indianapolis.

In Memphis GS & DSG are across the street from one another in different shopping plazas. I've found in the past, although a nice store, there were always some rude employees in the store!

"According to Reuters, Wednesday’s bankruptcy auction resulted in Dick’s Sporting Goods planning to keep at least 30 Golfsmith stores and wind down the rest of the retailer’s 109 stores through liquidators..."

A couple of things to note.

1. "at least 30 Golfsmith stores", so it could be more. We'll have to wait and see.
2. Dick's eliminating most of it's PGA professional club fitters is at odds with Golfsmith's planned strategy to put MORE emphasis on fitting and less on off the rack clubs.

At this time, Dick's has made no declarations on which stores will stay, or which will go. Nor have they made any statements on branding [Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, Dick's, etc.]

Probably 300 yards away from each other here in Indianapolis.

Every time I am down their I stop into both the GG moved about two block away on the main road now.

In Nashville, the Golf Galaxy and the Golfsmith are about 15 miles from each other...

Golf Galaxy isn't very good there imo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Golf Galaxy isn't very good there imo

Totally agree. Went in to look at some drivers and wedges, played around for about 15 minutes not one person asked me if I needed help. When it first opened, it used to be my go to store, now not so much.

Totally agree. Went in to look at some drivers and wedges, played around for about 15 minutes not one person asked me if I needed help. When it first opened, it used to be my go to store, now not so much.
Yup and the simulator I found to be way off

In Nashville- Golfsmith > Golf Galaxy

Can't imagine they stay separate for long

Anyone looking for a putter display I picked one up for $30.

Yeti 10oz lowball rambler for $14 & Lamkin Z5 grips for $3 a piece

Oh snap those grips

Wonder if the one near work is the same

If they are should be the same. I know the manager at the one I went to regularly and he mentioned that the liquidation is the same across the board.

I thought the stores that were closing locked their doors after last week ?

Depends on when the lease is up for that particular store. The one I go to will close after Christmas

Went to the Atlanta location today and picked up a UA rain suite at 40% off. To good a deal to pass up. $170 suit for $102. I needed a new one after losing weight.

I looked for the Z5 grips but the Golfsmith in my area didn't have them.

I did end up picking up a pair of the UA Tempo Tours for really cheap. Already marked down $20, I got them for 40% off of that.

Ours still has alot of clubs in stock. Only 25% off right now they don't seem to be moving, so it will be interesting to see if the % changes.

Tries calling both places around here cause need to get a set for my daughter for xmas but both lines disconnected:(

Back