2010 Sony Open [spoilers]

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I just noticed on the PGA Tour site that Aaron Goldberg Monday qualified for the field this week.

I got a chance to see him play at the 2008 NCAA Regionals (San Diego State) and, while he may not have the consistency for a long-term PGA Tour career, he's got some game. He's only 5'8" and was a little streaky when I saw him play, but when he was "on", he was formidable. Of course, that was NCAA formidable. Still, I'm happy to see him in the field.

<sigh> Since I am a moron, could one of the mods change the title of this thread to 2010 Sony Open [spoilers].

homer_doh.gif

EDIT: Thanks.

Last edited:
Am I the only one thats not really impressed by this course. I mean to go from Kapalua to this.

Am I the only one thats not really impressed by this course. I mean to go from Kapalua to this.

It does seem kinda meh for Hawaii.

When did Davis Love break into the HOF and steal Babe Ruth's pants. Boo is just awesome on the mic

When did Davis Love break into the HOF and steal Babe Ruth's pants.

haha! that's hilarious. he usually looks so classy out there. simple but effective.

I guess it's an obscure reference, but every time they show the approach shot on #16 all I can think about is the '60s movie, "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World."

The trees behind the green form a "Big W," exactly like the feature scene in that movie. :laughing:

madworld4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see Jeff Quinney (it seems) picked up a new club sponsor so quickly:

bc4bceebcc2ee3e3cf3040574ffbbeef-getty-95020770sg038_sony_open_rou.jpg

Could GC possibly pump their new John Daly reality show any more during this broadcast?
rolleyes.gif

Also, is it just me, or does Boo Weekley look particularly plump?
(I do like how Weekley responds to questions with "Yes sir." Granted, it sounds a little odd, but man it's nice to hear manners in this day and age.)

Last edited:
Could GC possibly pump their new John Daly reality show any more during this broadcast?
rolleyes.gif

Also, is it just me, or does Boo Weekley look particularly plump?
(I do like how Weekley responds to questions with "Yes sir." Granted, it sounds a little odd, but man it's nice to hear manners in this day and age.)

Short answer #1: No. And it will be a long 6 wks till it premiers.

Short answer #2: Boo is just coming out of winter hibernation.
drinks.gif

Last edited:
For Doodles (DL3's 3rd round attire):

jan16_love_480x600.jpg

He needs to lose the pleats and cuffs on the pants, get a more structured cap, and extract the stick from his bum.

I can't believe Ryan Palmer bounced a little hooded 8i out of the same bunker to about eight feet two days in a row and then made the putt. It even looks like he's wearing the same clothes. It was deja vu all over again.

Who does Steve Stricker have to know to get a little air time? Today's as bad as yesterday.

Kevin

You would think him being Titleist he would get some. Yet is it me, or are they only showing the 2 leaders and that is it.

You do realize that the golf right now is the 3rd round right?

hehe

I can't believe Ryan Palmer bounced a little hooded 8i out of the same bunker to about eight feet two days in a row and then made the putt. It even looks like he's wearing the same clothes. It was deja vu all over again.

Who does Steve Stricker have to know to get a little air time? Today's as bad as yesterday.

Kevin

Yeah, you're watching the round three replay there Kevin.

Spoiler
Yes, I know you were joking.

That sand shot by Palmer was amazing though. I've had something similar to that and I think it took me 3 shots to get out of the frickin' bunker!

I'm hoping for a little more Stevie, tonight. It would be nice to have a couple camera angles watching his swing down the target line. J.L. is trying to learn his swing, and I would love her to see his takeaway and follow through from that angle. JB could you maybe make a few calls and arrange this?

That being said, they showed Davis hit a shot in slow motion, and his hands and right arm were in the exact position she was working on getting to yesterday. Indicates a perfect release of the hands. I ran it back for her about ten times. LOL.

Kevin

JB could you maybe make a few calls and arrange this?

Kevin

If it were only that easy, you guys would see a lot more Ian Poulter, Brian Gay, and the rest of the stylish golfers....hehe

How about that? The first shot shown in the coverage is a view of Stricker swinging down the target line. :D Thanks, JB. We watched it in slow motion.
Now she's doing a takeaway drill.

Kevin

Watch out for Goosen.

How about that? The first shot shown in the coverage is a view of Stricker swinging down the target line. :D Thanks, JB. We watched it in slow motion.
Now she's doing a takeaway drill.

Kevin

I made a few calls.

Back