Do You Carry 2 Drivers?

ButterPutter

Reaction score
Handicap
Hipsters
I'm considering doing this and was curious if there are others who do this or have done it in the past. If so, what's your setup? My rationale is my current gamer is a fairway finder (low launch, low spin), but on a couple of the courses I play, I need a higher launch bomber to take advantage of some par 5 birdie opportunities. I think this would also help me when I'm a little off with my gamer to at least have another option.

Yes. I play a Callway Razor in 10.5...no loft adjustability....and the TM minidriver. I often use them both during the course of the day. The TM mini launches low for me, (12 degree)but goes straight. The driver is pretty good (better than me) but not really a high-launcher. It's probably me though...and not the club. I would eventually like to get into a high launch bomber like you're talking about because I'd like to fly the green over trees 230 - 250 yards out on a couple holes I play.

IOW - I see nothing wrong with it. :]

If a minidriver counts, then yes. My setup is in my signature. And, as an added bonus, I can hit the Mini quite well from the deck.

Yes I do.
My sig has the details of them.

No I do not, I'm a hybrid guy.

No, I see no point in it really.

Sometimes I carry a mini driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play a fairway finder and a bomber.

Finder is G30 sf tec 10 degree turned up with a stiff flex Diamana R series 50 Stiff. Nice controlled fade no matter how hard I swing.

Bomber is G SF Tec 10 degree turned down with Diamana B series 60 Regular. Big hook or big slice when I go after it but when a swing smooth it really goes.

I have a mini driver. I'm a fan of it.

I can barely control the only one in my bag, I have no idea why I'd want to carry another one.

Yes I do.
I have an SF TEC dialed down to 9* and playing at its stock length for distance.
I have a 11* Big Bertha with a 3W shaft as my FW Finder.

I don't carry two however I do have one that I use as a practice driver. I am quite dangerous with my drivers and I would not to destroy my expensive Taylormade so when I practice at the range, I use a cheapo that I find at our local used store.

I carry one driver and one driving iron. I saw someone who carried one driver with multiple shafts.

Thanks gents, it's nice to know I'm not totally insane for wanting to try this :)

Nope, no dual driver bag for me.
I carry a driver, 3 wood, hybrid and 4 wedges on the other end.

Personally no, I play what is in my sig. Just works for me.

No...not my thing.

I do bring 2 drivers , for hobby or enjoyment , and for back up driver " just in case ". Total still 14 clubs.

My dad has two in his bag but the second driver is used a bit more as a fairway wood that he is able to use off of the tee if need be. Before the explosion of these giant oversize drivers, learning how to hit your driver off of the deck was a very useful tool. He still can hit his main driver on fairways but he prefers his smaller driver for that reason.

I don't usually carry 2 drivers unless it's a course that I know is really long, then I'll use the mini and a standard driver. The only other time is when I'm testing a driver.

I don't carry 2 drivers but some would say my 12.5* X2 Hot 2Deep plays like a driver. I used it today from 6,980 yards on 9 of the 13 par 4's and 5's.

I did for a month or so this year. Was looking at replacing my 3-year old XHot with a Cleveland Black. Couldn't get the XHot out of the bag but was kind of nice having one driver I could move L to R easier (XHot) vs. the Black that I could move R to L.....

I have not done this

A golfing partner of mine bags two drivers. When one of them isn't working for him, he then uses his second driver which normally doesn't work for him either.

A golfing partner of mine bags two drivers. When one of them isn't working for him, he then uses his second driver which normally doesn't work for him either.

Been there done that. When the driver isn't working, you might as well use something else. Your head gets pretty fragile when it comes to tee shots. I have dealt with the "yips" on the tee box many a time.

Back