Titleist 915D2 Driver Review Thread

Agreed.

I wont mention my Apex experience today either, that would just pile onto this :embarrassed:.

They are unbelievable. I think they have made companies adjust with that set and its going to be very good for consumers.

Here's a vid that gives an idea of the sound in an enclosed range stall. It's not a bad sound, but it is loud IMO.
[video=youtube;rae-Jh3PqD4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rae-Jh3PqD4[/video]

Here's a vid that gives an idea of the sound in an enclosed range stall. It's not a bad sound, but it is loud IMO.
[video=youtube;rae-Jh3PqD4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rae-Jh3PqD4[/video]

It is also more pronounced when hitting slightly on toe and or low...or said simply, hit sweet spot and there is a more muted sound (atleast my experience)

had a guy grab the club out of my hands while hitting in a bay this weekend...(I had headphones in, and didnt hear him) but he commented on the volume, as well as the different sound when hit....this was the first time hitting my club and out on range...hit one of these in a bay at the store, but that was about it...

it is definitely noticably different sound verses 913 and 910....

I really wanted to love the 915 D2. I tested the D3 last month and didn't care for it. The D2 came to my home course as a demo and I tried it at both the PGA SS and outdoor at the range and both times my 913 was equal or better on most swings. SS was the same, ball speed neck and neck and spin was lower on my 913 surprisingly. The 915 was a touch straighter on toe misses but that's not my typical miss and I hated the sound of the 915. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Now the R15 was producing some great numbers at the PGA SS and that's on my ponder list and I haven't like a TM driver in years. Hmmmm

Set up a 915D2 at the shop with the same exact shaft and SureFit setting as my 913D2 today to do another heads up comparison, and I'm still seeing strikingly similar numbers and performance. Part of me wants to find a reason to upgrade to this because it's so damn sexy, but without a fitting it's just not there.

That being said, it's a great driver, and I believe that if I was fitted to a loft and shaft by a pro, I'd see gains. But then, that's probably true of nearly every driver out there.

Okay, I finally played my first round with the newly fitted 915 in the bag. My playing buddies were speechless. Tee shot after tee shot, they kept saying the same thing about how much better my ball flight is, and my ball was just as far if not farther than theirs on occasion (which was NEVER the case).

I missed ONE fairway with it - a bad heel shot that pushed right OB. This was all on a course I had never played before, Hidden Valley. It's not the longest course, but it's narrow and in the hills, so the tee shots are not the easiest - honestly, for most I'd probably be safer using a hybrid most of the tee shots - but who wants to do that with a new driver in the bag?? For me, this driver was point and shoot...one par 4 had a slight dogleg right to a driveable green at 293 out. I went for it and ended up in the approach area about 10 yards short of the green. I saw my best drives EVER that day. Still thinking about them makes me giddy. Honestly, I only had maybe 3 out of the 10 tee shots hit flush in the center. The rest were slightly off center in various places - but the results didn't indicate that. The forgiveness on this club head is amazing.

I can't wait to get out again, especially to a course I've played before so I can see how much closer to the hole I am getting than previous rounds. I KNOW my rollout is greater. Going from 4000+ backspin to 2500 with a more ideal trajectory and descent angle has changed my driver game.

Was the fitting worth it?

Yes.

Yes it was.

Glad its working for you ironcondor!
There really is a ton of forgiveness in this head in certain spots. Here is my (awful) pattern from last night at Sim Golf and I was ripping them pretty good with almost no distance loss.
36c560259ee7e614622f234ff96afbf8.jpg

Debating what to do with these beauties. One will go on my Kusala White 72 and I think I'll leave one for future considerations.
a9dc80828cd94c9cc919fae0fe605030.jpg

I really like the solid feel of this driver but I keep hitting fades and slices with it...I have it to A3 setting too which is the most draw biased setting...I have the 915F 3 wood and that one hits it straight...I have always hit driver with a draw and never a slice(might push right).

Anyone else find this driver to hit it with a fade bias???...perhaps its the shaft cause I have the Diamana red board in regular on it.

Going to compare it to my R1 and if 915D2 the only one to hit it with a slice, gonna have to let this thing go.

Its funny you say this as I also find the 915 to favor the rights.

For me this is a really good thing as I tend to hit left when I'm missing.

I had the same experience when I hit this club. My 913D2 has the same tendency, which, as ArmyGolf said, is a good thing for me, as when my tee game goes south I start missing left and low.

must be my new swing cause I was fading and slicing the R1 today also, but not to the degree it was for the 915d2....guess I better work on my swing....:).

Anybody loft up with the D2? I seem to be getting the best results with the 10.5 + .75 with the Rogue 60 Stiff. Swing speed is mid to high 90s.

Anybody loft up with the D2? I seem to be getting the best results with the 10.5 + .75 with the Rogue 60 Stiff. Swing speed is mid to high 90s.
I'm playing the 12* head right now.

I'm playing the 12* head right now.
Thanks. What loft did you play your previous driver at?
I played the SLDR at 12 but am normally a 10/10.5 guy.....

Last edited:
Thanks. What loft did you play your pervious driver at?
I played the SLDR at 12 but am normally a 10/10.5 guy.....
I'm coming from a Bio Cell that was at 12*, a Big Bertha that was played at 12.5*, and a 910d2 that I played at 10.25*.

Mid 90s swing here.
10.5 head plus 0.75 loft. Diamana S+.

Came from a 9.5 Launcher 460.

Took the D2 to my club for an on course demo today. 10.5 set to 11.25 with Rogue Silver 60g shaft. Absolutely loved it. Balls were straight or with a slight draw. Lower more powerful trajectory than my G25 set at 10. Was averaging about 10 yards longer than my usual drives with the G25. Really love the way it sets up at address for me. Ordered :)

Took the D2 to my club for an on course demo today. 10.5 set to 11.25 with Rogue Silver 60g shaft. Absolutely loved it. Balls were straight or with a slight draw. Lower more powerful trajectory than my G25 set at 10. Was averaging about 10 yards longer than my usual drives with the G25. Really love the way it sets up at address for me. Ordered :)
Good stuff dude, be sure to let us know how you like it when it shows up!

I played another round with the demo today (my pro said I can use it until mine arrives). The low spin Rogue Silver shaft combined with the increased loft (playing the 10.5 at 11.25) is giving me a very similar flight and carry to the 12 degree SLDR I had. The difference is consistency. I can swing away with the 915 and get a straight ball or a slight draw repeatedly, whereas with the SLDR I had more variance. Playing my home course and driving range where I know the distances and holes so well and where I usually hit my second shots from is the best data source for me. The verdict: I have finally found a lower spinning combo that will give me a few extra yards, maintain the consistency I had with my G25, and looks sexy as hell at set up-- it is going to be a long week or 2 of waiting!

Sounds like you are seeing a lot of what I was seeing when I switched to 915.
The Rogue Silver is a straight ball machine too...I just wish I could load it properly.

Sounds like you are seeing a lot of what I was seeing when I switched to 915.
The Rogue Silver is a straight ball machine too...I just wish I could load it properly.

Ya. If I went by what I had read about the silver I would have thought it would've been too stiff for me. But With the head lofted up I'm having no issues at all elevating the ball and it feels more solid through contact than any shaft/head combo I have hit. And I have tested a lot of drivers!

I swapped out the Kusala White 61x and went back to the Rogue Black 70 and based on what I saw today I won't be going back.
Flight aside, this combo is just a lot easier to hit straight for me, and that's what matters.

Driver responds well to high/heel pattern like mine, and you can see the wear on the face starting.
b482e4c19091e476d3434a04935aeb31.jpg

I finally got to try out this driver on Saturday at the UofI demo day here and wow I don't think I've ever fallen in love with a club so quickly. I had hit the 913 last year with the Diamana blue shaft in it so I asked for the 9.5 with that shaft and just started hitting some of the longest drives I've hit at that range. The Titleist rep asked to see it and swapped out with the 8.5 head to lower my spin some and it was even better. He setup the trackman for me and I was hitting 15-16 launch with 2200-2600 spin and a ~39 degree descent. So now I need to save up for this bad boy.

Back